What can I do with this Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.wagashi-net.de/2011/02/vegan-bento-tofu-bacon-sandwich/
omnivorescookbook.com/authentic-mapo-tofu/
eatdrinkbetter.com/2013/10/07/processed-food-vs-whole-foods-tofu-stand/
youtube.com/watch?v=AvSLeoUVb54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What can I do with this Veeky Forums?

Depends entirely on what kind of tofu you bought. Right now your question is amazingly broad.

I like to stew it in a rich pork stock in big blocks and have it with rice and whatever vegetables I feel like that day. It's also nice as a side fried in thick slivers or small cubes.

marinate it over night (similar to marinated meat) then roast it together with some veggies

spoiler: it's not that healthy

if its silken tofu you can make some tasty desserts

It's not that healthy FYI, it's just alternative protein.

I use it in light-broth soup for the most part

Which kind? Silken, medium, firm, extra firm?

Asian dishes

>cuz "muh health"
Should have just spent your money on lean meat/fish and fresh vegetables

Fry on medium heat until all the retarded water goes away

Here is how it's done, op:
>buy random ingredient because "it's exotic so it must be the asiatic oriental fountain of youth"
>throw it in a random pot with sesame oil, sriracha, and other "asian" ingredients
>choke it down with some tsingtao or maybe sapporo because like, those are asian right? lmao so authentic!
>go on the internet and grouse about how authenticity is a conspiracy to make me feel dumb, panda express is so much better
If at any point along the way it accidentally tastes good, add some wasabi and perhaps umeboshi until it tastes suitably repulsive

you could press it, slice it thinly, marinate it, roast it in some marinade and eat it like fake beacon
hella tasty but lots of work

use google translate if you are interested:
blog.wagashi-net.de/2011/02/vegan-bento-tofu-bacon-sandwich/

feed it to your livestock

>Eating concentrated estrogen

My old roommate at that shit all the time, he legitimately had huge nipples despite being skinny.

I bought extra firm. I was thinking of stir frying it

if you value your health, it goes in the trash

shit's made with soy, which will only up your estrogen levels

if you're a dude, it's not healthy at all and could lead to gender dysphoria, aka brain damage

Chuck it out.

It enhances the risk for breast cancer for woman. It's not healthy for males and females.

mapo tofu
omnivorescookbook.com/authentic-mapo-tofu/
>"muh health"
oh nevermind I guess... it's good though

there ya go. even more reason to toss that shit.

op, get some steak, bacon, and eggs. cook them and throw them on a giant bowl of spinach. then eat it all and stare at the tofu and think 'thank god user saved me from being a faggot with bitch tits'

If you are talking about health dont talk about meat. Fed shit, treated like shit, full of adrenaline because of fear, full of antibiotics, meat treated with chemicals,....

with extra firm, I press the water out between paper towels and old books/heavy cans. Slice fairly thin, salt and pepper, eat like that

You can make em crispy that way.

Coat it in some corn starch for texture my nig.

Gay

still healthier than this processed soy garbage

> I looked at my roommate's nipples and paid attention to what he ate

Sounds gay bruh

This may come as a shock to you, but people who obsess over the sexual side effects of common foods may be struggling with sexual identity issues of their own

It actually decreases the risk of breast cancer for women, although particularly if consumed as a child IIRC.

Also, the estrogen and other hormones in meat and dairy are more bioactive due to being more similar to our own endogenous hormones. Yes, some of the isoflavones in soy are weakly estrogenic, but others are anti-estrogenic, and overall we're talking about a pretty weak effect.

>processed soy garbage
I don't want to eat to much of it but I'd choose it over meat.

eatdrinkbetter.com/2013/10/07/processed-food-vs-whole-foods-tofu-stand/

Hilarious
Soy genistein is literally an estrogen blocker that decreases estrogen levels in men and women and that's how it protects against breast cancer in woman.
youtube.com/watch?v=AvSLeoUVb54
kys

Only fermented soy is good soy
everything else is questionable

The first few times I tried cooking with tofu I fucked up and it fell a part and crumbled, even though I thought I was following the directions. If that happens to you, just go with it and make a stir fry. Think of it as ground beef at that point. You get better at it with practice.

I like to buy medium-firm tofu, freeze it in the package, remove from freezer and let thaw in fridge (about 2 days), wrap in towel and squeeze out extra water, baste with BBQ sauce/flip at 20 minute intervals for 60 minutes of cooking at 350.

your opinions are questionable

Tofu isn't healthy retard. It's loaded with gmos and lacks crucial nutrients like b12

i'm not the one who mentioned women, newfriend.

> loaded with gmo
It's literally "soybeans, water, salt" on the ingredient label. Antiscientific nonsense about GMOs notwithstanding, every store that sells tofu also sells tofu made with "organic" and "non-gmo" soy.

>lacks crucial nutrients like b12
Define "critical nutrient" in this case? It has a significant amount of calcium and iron and a decent source of magnesium, is almost 43% protein by calorie (which is more than many cuts of steak), mostly contains polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, and contains fiber; Meat lacks fiber and is typically highest in saturated fat and low in calcium. You will not get B12 from tofu (except in brands that supplement it), but B12 comes from bacteria and is available as a very cheap supplement, or is added to many foods (soy milk, nutritional yeast) that is eaten frequently.

>loaded with gmos
wew lad

>full of adrenaline because of fear, full of antibiotics, meat treated with chemicals,....
>not buying local farm raised meats
Wew

>not buying local farm raised meats

> not doing something expensive and not widely available

I don't eat meat and avoid animal products in general, thats my personal solution. But thats mostly beause I don't want to eat animals.

>I don't want to eat animals

explain

there is a thing alled empathy
I'm empathic with pure animals. But we can talk about eating jail inmates.

*called

Not him, but I consider it in terms of virtue.

* We ought to cultivate virtue within ourselves, of these: temperance, self-control, humility, service to others, selflessness, etc.

* By purposefully restraining from meat in the hopes that you reduce aggregate demand for the product, and thus reduce the demand for the killing of fellow vertebrate mammals who you suspect may feel pain, and by participating in such restraint in a comprehensive and long-term manner, you can assist in the development of nearly all these virtues.

>regurgitated christfaggotry without the christ for an atheist to digest

ya-wn you people are always cocksuckers when it comes down to personal beliefs

> implying virtue ethics don't predate Christianity

>regurgitated christfaggotry
Not wanting to kill and eat corpses is faggotry?
That's why I'd rather eat you than animals.

Just like meat then?

t. typical vegan ""ethics""

>i-it existed 2000 years ago even though I never interacted with anybody from that time period and in fact all my comprehension of virtue ethics comes from christian thought over that 2000 year long timespan b-but i'll pretend it's not christianity because FUCK GOD LOL

Don't be scared fatty. I prefer vegetables over your flabby, contaminated corpse.

> the fact that Aquinas existed and incorporated Greek virtue ethics into Christian scholasticism means that one can't draw inspiration from Plato or Aristotle without specifically endorsing the religious views of Aquinas

okay then

Are you a retard? Chistians eat meat. Thus this values can't stem from this religion. Logic isn't your strength.

>consume estrogen to retain youthful features, stave off male pattern baldness, and lower sex drive, reducing the amount of time I want to spend further abusing my already beaten and broken dick
Find a flaw.

It's not "that" healthy. It's just a nice replacement (read temporary) to meat and fish if you get bored someday.

It's not a replacement for anything, it's tofu. A millennial old food product made from a legume. Use it as that.

stop eating soy products you're skyrocketing your estrogen levels

Exactly

> It's just a nice replacement (read temporary) to meat
kys

>b-b-b-b-b-but muh meat
>using "kys" outside of reddit

Leave.

muuuuhh phytoestrogens

did you remember to praise the cult of the bodily flooids yet?

daily reminder soy causes man tits lol XD

pay attention senpai!

marinade
press
fry

kys

I eat both meat and tofu. Not everyone has an agenda, you're just a fucking moron

>coat in some corn start

Just pan fry it in oil, it gets a great crust that way. I meal-prepped 5 days worth of korean braised tofu on a bed of sesame rice.

Slice, coat with a little cornstarch or thin breadcrumb to add texture, pan fry, serve with soy and a little side salad.

>"muh health"
You better be a sissy already because that oestrogen will wreak havoc on your body.