What are the best restaurants in North Carolina?

What are the best restaurants in North Carolina?

anyone

North Carolina has the best barbeque bar none.

Literally no one comes close. Don't even reply with your regional bickering because NC style barbeque with vinegar is the very best.

need to specify ye doss cunt

North Carolinians tell themselves this to hide from the shame of losing to South Carolina's mustard sauce.

It sucks compared to every other type of American barbecue I've tried.

Don't be posting stupid shit and then telling people not to disagree.

im surprised SC doesnt use mayo

The ale house

Cookout.

I've eaten high- and lowbrow all over NC, and nothing beats Cookout.

I'm not from the South, but I've had BBQ all over the country, and when it comes to pig, I'd have to agree. Whole hog or shoulder slow cooked over wood with a spicy vinegar sauce, chopped up and piled onto a bun with some spicy vinegar cole slaw. Pork at its best.
If we're talking ribs, though I prefer Memphis style, chicken is best with Alabama white sauce, Texas does the best brisket and sausage(although NC sausage is pretty damn good, too), and Kansas City burnt ends are something everything needs to try.There's great BBQ all over this country, but certain regions are just better at some types of meat than others.

Yeah I have to agree, though KC ribs BTFO Memphis ribs. But as you said, pork shoulder or whole pig is best done with a vinegar based mustard sauce ala NC. And, as much as Texasfags suck goat's ass, they do the best job with beef brisket or beef ribs..

>mustard sauce
Fuck off with that shit. It's vinegar, a little bit of brown sugar, red pepper flakes, maybe some hot sauce.
Also, dry rubbed ribs > saucy ribs, at least as far as the cooking process go. A KC sauce works best when it's on burnt ends, I think.

Big fan of The Pit in Durham, great little brewery right next door too.

Vinegar will always be best bbq.

How do you feel about the current music scene in Durham?

LMAO

Your taste buds can't be so defecient as to recognize mustard in your NC BBQ sauce. Unless you've blown your millennial tastebuds out from a ghost pepper brewed IPA with a 110 IBU ranking.

Cooks BBQ in Lexington (fuck that popular one in Lexington, it's shit). Granny's donuts in Kernersville. Rise Biscuits in Durham. Med Deli in Chapel Hill. Jimmy the Greek diner in Winston-Salem. Cookout anywhere.

Wouldn't know much, I moved after college and haven't been back, but there was usually some sort of show going on around town.

>with vinegar
Literally did specify you turbo autistic
Literally posting blatantly hateful regional bullshit like I specifically said not to. Lul, NC style still the king of barbeque as an added bonus you're both dumb faggots.

There's no fucking mustard in Eastern NC vinegar sauce. You don't know what you're talking about.

The only good restaurants in NC are in Asheville.

Aside from BBQ places, the Carolina's...hell, the south in general, has a lot of little mom and pop places that do biscuits, gravy, and country ham for breakfast that will melt your soul.

kill yourself numale

When it comes to culinary vacations, I'm a Branson man myself