Poppy Seeds

What can I do with poppy seeds that doesn't involve baked goods?

Other urls found in this thread:

ichkoche.at/viennese-poppy-seed-noodles-rezept-6673
thespruce.com/eastern-european-poppy-seed-recipes-1136699
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get high n*gga

Why do you think I have them bruh? I never believed that poppy seeds could get you high, until I took my grandmother to a senior pot luck and ate one of these... Was nodding two hours later at home and couldn't figure out why until I remembered I ate a poppy roll.

Anyways, might as well use it for food too...

nah just get really high

There's more to life... and poppy seeds.. Surely someone has some highly inspiring idea.

You can make "poppy tea". Boil some water, then after you steep your tea, add 3-4 poppy seeds. After that steeps, then you can kill yourself faggot.

Grind them then snort a line

Great idea, you neckbearded shitlord.

First of all, if you have whole seeds, they are usually ground up before use. This enhances flavor, aroma and texture massively. But you need a special mill for that, or you can do it in a pestle and mortar, or any other way (even placing them in a bag and using a hammer or rolling pin)

I'm not that inventive so I put them in my breakfast bowl (which could be breadcrumbs, oats or cereal, something like that). But I recommend to put a generous amount, at least 30-40 grams, which is going to look like a huge amount in person because the density of these things is kind of low. Typically you would also put sugar.

jokes on you, i cant grow hair on my neck AND i have IBS

>30-40 grams
That's not going to happen with these... But your oats idea is great. Would probably go well in oatmeal with honey and green apples and a bit of whole milk.

Why would the food processor yield a different result than the pestle and mortar?

poppy seed tea is made with water mixed with lemon juice or other acidic liquid to help extract the morphine. put the lemon water into a container, put the seeds in, shake the container for a a few minutes and then drink

Should be noted that DUDEWEEDchan believes it is far worse than heroin for addiction potential and withdrawals. So kiddos don't get the idea that it's particularly safe because it's accessible.

Poppy seeds are supposed to be crushed/squeezed so all the oil comes out and they lose the "hardness" by being flattened, but I don't think using a food processor would be much worse - it really depends on how fine the particular machine can get them.

potato noodles with melted butter and poppy seeds

ichkoche.at/viennese-poppy-seed-noodles-rezept-6673

most people don't get addicted to morphine, you only get addicted if u have mental problems. that being said, poppy tea effects tend to last all day and even into the next day.

Nothing, they don't taste like anything and are sort of expensive

I sometimes make little ham/cheese/mustard/mayo toasted sandwiches for parties with small potatoes rolls and the recipe calls for poppy seeds but it really doesn't make a noticeable difference in taste

Perhaps melted butter in the food processor would work while infusing the butter... That might make for something interesting. Perhaps a sort of compound butter for bagels.

I see your point about needing to be flattened though. Obviously it would be better for an uninterrupted flavor.

That's a really strange dish....

I don't think poppy seeds in the store are nearly flavorful as ones you find in bulk... and you can buy in bulk for the same price as the small store package.

Still, potato bread is rich enough in flavor to drown out a subtle nutty flavor.

You mean 3-4 seed pods I take it.
Depending on a lot of factors (specific type of poppy, the soil it grew in, how much water and sun it got...) that might actually give you a nice buzz if you don't have a tolerance.
eBay disallowed the sale of dried poppy seed pods "for decoration" a few years ago and the folks on 420chan's opiate board were not pleased.

I think the reason you might find they don't taste of anything is because you are not grinding them. Ground poppy seeds have a pleasant smell and stronger taste, whereas whole poppy seeds don't really smell of anything because the aromatic oils are trapped inside

You can also buy pre-ground poppy seed as well, though you might have to do that on the internet if you don't happen to live in certain parts of Europe

lemon poppy seed funnel cake with mayo you bitch fagtto

>pre-ground anything

you should have been pre-ground

>cake

OP specifically asked for nothing baked.

You make a lemon tea out of it and then just OD yourself for a a lifetime of sleep.

Fail a drug test

thespruce.com/eastern-european-poppy-seed-recipes-1136699

Except you don't boil your water, because even hot water agitates the seeds and causes faster absorption of the alkaloids you want (morphine, opium, codeine) and faster secretion of harmful oils that when you drink them, if you do you won't die, but you're gonna feel like shit.
Best method is luke warm or slightly cold water and shake in a large bottle or container for 4-6 minutes then entirely strain as quick as you can and repeat one more time.

Oatmeal

>circular reasoning
yeah addiction is a "mental problem"

>most people don't get addicted to morphine
Say what?

Also, there are other things in there that are not morphine...

Heroin

eat it the day before your drug test

Make poppy seed tea, and over dose

Do you actually have to censor yourself on this board? What the fuck reddit

d*de its not cool to say n*gga don't you know

Oh my bad. What the fuck r*ddit

Some among us have a sense of right and wr*ng

Put it on pasta with a little but of powdered sugar

Is this a thing? Explain...

It is a thing. At least where I live.

What other common foods can give me life destroying addiction?

>Poppy seeds & sugar on pasta

>tfw not using noodels made from potato dough
>claiming it's a thing where you live
you messed up

What the fuck is your problem.

They're used in some indian curry recipes.

It's really a thing

It is very popular in the Czech lands. If you cannot put poppy seed, caraway, or dill on it, it is probably not worth eating.

Holy shit... if these are "traditional" recipes, people were getting high as fuck off their food.

I make a lot of curries, though they are Thai style... Should of thought of this. Thanks for the suggestion.

pic related

this is so WRONG
you have to use potato dough for the noodles in this recipe

These, one of my favorites, I ate it all the time as a kid! Use powder sugar and add fried butter otherwise it's going to be very dry and make sure it's pasta with eggs in it. It also works well with gnocci instead of pasta.

I miss home...

Do you really use them without grinding?

This looks ground but the other ones do not. IMHO they just taste like sand if you don't grind them properly

It is grinded.

High? No. Not the person you're responding to but from the same country.
Never got even a tiny bit high and poppy is one of my favourite foods.

a tradition dish from veneto is roasted beet ravioli with poppy seed butter

That looks damn good. I think I'm going to try to make this. I'm always looking for different ways to use beets.

>all the degenerates ITT going "LOL XD just do morphine man what can go rong"

you people deserve the opiate addiction

Poppy seeds don't actually get you high

How about sprinkling it over aioli, which you can then add to meat, artichoke etc

There we go... This is the stuff I was looking for. Thanks user.

Uhhhhhhh yes they do. I got lit off some poppy seed pastry that I ate at a senior's pot luck. It all depends on the brand.

I mean way back when, before they had industrial washing...