Eggplant recipes

I'm cooking eggplant today and I want to ask for your favourite vegan or at least vegetarian recipes.

Usually I stew them with some chickpeas but I could use some new ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

theottolenghiproject.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/roast-aubergine-with-saffron-yoghurt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You stole my optext

Try water flavoured with eggplants.

Yeah I was lazy and I wanted the same info

If that's not a joke and anything close to cucumber water I might try it

Roast them in the oven and add them to diced tomato sauce, serve that over carbs

bread them

This, then fry them

I didn't try it but if you don't drink to much of it nothing can go wrong

home made eggplant Parmesan is amazing, but takes quite a while to make

ratatouille

baingan bharta/eggplant curry

Aside from Eggplant Parm, this is my favorite eggplant recipe:

Roasted Eggplant Dip
1 large eggplant, 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, 1/2 c finely chopped green onion, 1/2 c freshly chopped parsley, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, lemon slices

Preheat oven to 375 and bake the eggplant whole for 1 hour or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 mins. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and remove pulp. Mash pulp with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients. Serve with pita and lemon slices.

I like eggplant sichuan style. Different kind of eggplant though

Neapolitan eggplant salad?
Slice eggplant super thin lengthways. You can use a veg peeler for this.
Now cook it. I put the slices into a grill basket and directly over fire.
Finally, marinate the slices in olive oil and vinegar with sliced garlic, fresh parlsey and salt (to taste) until cool.

Variations:
Fry the slices in olive oil rather than cooking them over open flame then dressing with oil. Once cooked, you can just remove them from the oil to kitchen paper and dress with garlic and vinegar just before serving.

Also common with zucchine, though with mint rather than parsley.

Another Neapolitan dish: eggplant balls. They're pretty good, too.

Slice into about 3/4 inch coins, salt heavily. Drain after half an hour, then fry in more oil than you think you'll need, in a heavy bottomed-pan, about half an inch. Cook, turn, until well-browned.
Serve with tabbuleh and hummus, or with tomato sauce in a sandwich

this looks interesting
I will look up this recipe

Chen John's eggplant escabeche

You use thai eggplant? The little things about the size of duck eggs?

>Eggplant
That looks like an Aubergine to me.

Chinese eggplant

Moussaka is GOAT. Make sure you let the eggplant slices rest in some salt for a while, though, or else you'll end up with a soggy mess.

Not sure if you're clueless or pretentious, but they're the same thing.

Whats the difference? The size?

You can fry eggplant in a saute pain with vegetable oil and some egg and breading...kinda like fried green tomatoes but eggplant.

Shit's delicious

Pretty much. Chinese eggplant has less eggplant flavor in my opinion but better texture

steam them halved and serve with sichuan sauce

OP, I would like you to disregard all recipes and pick this:

theottolenghiproject.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/roast-aubergine-with-saffron-yoghurt/

You need to turn them babapapas into babaganoush

>dust eggplant slices in flour and fry
>mix sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper
>put eggplant in casserole
>cover with sour cream mixture

Quick and delicious.

fuck forgot to put last step
bake for 45 mins or so

thats not quick at all
I think he intended the dish as a nearly raw meal

make it into a spread, eat cold on rye bread, as a side with pan-fried potatoes or use the same spread as a pasta sauce
>food.com/recipe/baklazhanovaya-ikra-eggplant-aubergine-caviar-160705
this isn't athe best recipe, but it'll give you an idea of what i'm talking about

Today I fried cubes of sweet potato, cubes of eggplant and mixed that with couscous, cucumber and black sesame seeds. Seasoning was salt, paprika and nori flakes. Was actually really good.

Be sure to start with the sweet potato so you won't overcook the eggplant.

simple floured in potato starch and fried, served agedashi

Karniyarik or imam bayildi are good choices, OP.

Forget the karniyarik, I forgot you said vegetarian.

Ratatouille is easy, delicious and vegetarian.

Baked eggplant. Fry onion with eggplant until well cooked, then mix with oregano, black pepper, beaten eggs, fresh breadcrombs. Put in casserole dish and cover with manchego or gruyere cheese, add honey on top of the cheese and bake in a 350f oven for 20 minutes.