Nietzsche

In what order should i read this guys books?Also are there any other like minded philosophers who deal with the subject of existentialism?

Birth of Tragedy >> The Gay Science >>> Thus Spoke Zarathustra >>> Beyond Good and Evil >>> Genealogy of Morals >>> Twilight of the Idols >>> The Antichrist >>> Ecce Homo

Read the Walter Kaufmann translations

>Reading Thus Spake BEFORE BG&E and Genealogy

Not a good idea senpai.

fuck that was actually a typo on my part lol

Fair enough. Thus Spake is hard enough to read to begin with, and worse without actually having his ideas firmly entrenched in your head before you read it.

>skipping HATH
>not mentioning the untimely meditations (particularly On the Use and Abuse of History which is hugely influential and very important for understanding people like Foucault, for example)
>using Kauffman over Hollingdale on works where there is an option
>reading Zarathustra in chronological order

terrible.

Anyways, read chronologically except shift Zarathustra to sometime after BGE/GM and before EH. BGE/GM are basically the idiot's guide to reading Zarathustra.

Also don't skip his notes, letters and unpublished works.

Nietzsche himself said that reading his works should be started at Twilight of the Idols

this is very wrong do not listen to this man OP. He has a very rudimentary understanding of Nietszche.

This is the true Nietzsche order

Birth of Tragedy>The Genealogy of Morals>BG&E>Ecce Homo>Human All to Human>>The Gay Science>Untimely Meditations>Nietzsche Contra Wagner>>>Zarathustra> Twilight of the Idols>>The Anti Christ

You two. Fight.

Untimely Meditations -> Human, All Too Human -> The Gay Science -> The Birth of Tragedy -> Beyond Good and Evil -> Genealogy of Morals -> Thus Spoke Zarathustra -> The Case of Wagner -> Twilight of the Idols -> The Antichrist -> Ecce Homo -> Nietzsche Contra Wagner

Save yourself the trouble of getting stuck in a limbo and don't read neechee.
The only people who like neechee are already in that limbo and it just justifies their pathetic existence.

Oh look, a Hegelian

>In what order should i read this guys books?
You shouldn't. Take care

not an argument.

Also read Kierkegaard.

>being a christcuck

Terrible post. The Birth of Tragedy should not be read first. Nietzsche called it a deeply suspicious work that smelled offensively Hegelian. While it's a good work with important insights, reading it first will give you a mixed up view of what Nietzsche is all about. Also, Ecce Homo should be much closer to the end, if not at the end. It's the work in which he goes back and comments on each of his writings, so it's best for someone who has already read everything else.

The Gay Science and Twilight of the Idols are two of the best places to start. Twilight is essentially his entire project condensed into one book. The one thing this poster got right is saving Zarathustra for later.

proof that neechee was a schizo who wrote books for schizos.

You don't need to be a Christcuck to appreciate Kierkegaard.

>my ad hominem is an argument while yours is not

Seems about right

The Birth of Tragedy should be read first, especially sections 1-5, it lays the groundwork for Nietzsche's critique on the Greeks.

Sections 1-5 are great, but you can get something similar (and less convoluted for a beginner) in Twilight. The first section is his critique of Socrates.

>copout
Seems about right.

not an argument

>copout disguised as humor
Seems about right.

Yeah, I should be clear that I am referencing his attempt at a self-criticism section. I think the better question is "who should I read before Nietzsche" because there is a long list of people you should read in order to properly understand his critique of western society.

This is some kind of meta-non argument here friends. Please, continue bumping the thread.

>friends
Who are you talking to?
Proof that neechee is for schizos in their fantasy land.

What about The Will To Power?

>Who are you talking to?

The people that matter obviously. you don't matter

Wait until you've read the other stuff. These are a collection of his final notes that he never got to publish during his lifetime. His sister fucked them all up to make him look more sympathetic to the Nazi party but I think they've been restored to some extent. Don't worry about this one until you've read a lot more Nietzsche

But nobody's talking to you.
What people? The ones in your head?

You seem to think my responses to you are the only one's I'm making.

I'm gonna attend a class on The Gay Science next semester, what am I in for?

For serious scholars only. Ignore anyone who says it "doesn't represent Nietzsche's thought at all." Good symptom they have a misinterpretation of N.

or:

Some gay science

>existentialism
If you want to know about existentialism you should start with this.It is as deep as it gets

>being a satancuck without realizing it

I unironically believe this

Heidegger