Rate my ribeyes, Veeky Forums

Rate my ribeyes, Veeky Forums.

Will post pics after cooking if desired.

Another

Choice grade, with too large a glob of fat to be purchased. What exactly do you expect someone to say?

There seems to be some meat stuck to your slab of fat

>they're still cooking

They're prime grade.

Choice doesn't have that kind of marbling

I agree with the others that they do have more solid fat than most people would like. Otherwise they look pretty good. I'm liking the size of the spinalis. Interested in the results.

I personally would enjoy some of the fat on those steaks. If done correctly it's a delicacy

Sorry mate but you got ripped off that's scotch fillet notice how there is no bone

>American """""""beef""""""""

you got ripped off, son

A-
Slightly aged
Sides definitely need to be fried, this really isn't a beginner friendly cut.

>that shit
>prime
o i am laffin

USDA grades beef by the cattle, not by the cut.
You can regularly find prime grade cuts on choice graded cattle and vice versa, and if you're really, really lucky you can find prime cuts in select sections.

usda a shit

I've had select grade ribeyes with marbling like OP's. Those are not prime

When I fucked your mom last night she decided to not charge me since I'm a regular.
That doesn't mean she's not a whore.

>No yellow fat permitted

wtf is this shit

Sign of old age or some shit
Same reason why everyone is shoving Yorkshire and champignon everywhere I'd wager.

Had to hurry to feed my kids so couldn't get a good photo but they turned out great.
And fuck yes I eat the fat too

Post what you think is prime grade rib eye you fucking retard. Don't comment in my thread if you are an ignorant nigger

No bone-in, then no bonin'.

Looks to me like you've got two boneless ribeye steaks from the chuck end. Notice the parting of the steak into three distinct muscles on one of your steaks? That lets you know it's nearing the end of the muscle group.

I would say that you've probably got a choice-grade steak there based on the marbling.

You've got a pretty decent rib cap on both- so you could've done worse; but I'd recommend trying to get a steak a little closer to the center of the ribeye if you can.

At any rate, it's hard to go wrong with a ribeye steak of any variety (bone-in or boneless) due to its tenderness and flavorful tendencies. Here's hoping you enjoyed your purchase. I'd probably give them a 7.5/10 for their overall condition [assuming choice grade]. Perhaps a little more fat could've been removed from the behind the cap and toward the tail end- but that's personal preference.

5000 years on google. You got ripped off, dumbass.

>Oh look, they said my meat was Prime and I paid Prime price because my friendly neighborhood corporation said it was Prime
>get called out that your meat was at best an inferior Choice grade
>still tries to justify he wasn't jewed

You're why everyone else has to be skeptical when they buy something.

not him but here are prime dry aged ribeyes i bought a couple weeks ago

Those look pretty good.

That's a sexy piece of beef.

I like fat, but I hope that was on sale

If it didn't have that bullshit huge piece of fat right in the middle, I'd say hell yeah. Not bad though, definitely choice at the highest.

Wrong

the worst part is that the middle white stuff isn't even fat... it's just connective tissue that will never render and impart flavor

>"user, thats not cooked! you aren't going to eat a piece of meat that isn't cooked through, are you?"

user, you got jewed hard. I hope you didn't pay more than $9/lb for those.

those aren't prime. shit marbling, and shit cut from the tail end

Does anyone have a picure comparison of US and Canadian standards?
>based on that pic I think Americans just got BTFO

How did you dry age them?

not him but, to age at home all you need is a wire rack and a drip pan, put steaks on rack, place rack in drip pan, place whole thing in icebox. leave for about a wee and turn once a day just for good measure