/HFG/ Health Food Genereaux

Okay Veeky Forums, let's see your best health recipes.

Bonace points:

>gluten free
>dairy free
>vegan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9HMej4NmBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

legumes of some kind, onions, spices, and broth or coconut milk

raw vegetables
wash
cut (optional)
eat

You can make a healthy clusterfuck bowl of Meximerican ingredients very easily

Corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, beans, rice, potatoes, onions, garlic, avocado, peppers, bunch of seasonings or just hot sauce

Simple, cheap, filling, tastes good if you aren't a terrible chef

Unless you have celiac disease, gluten free isn't a health thing; it's just a hipster thing.

I know! That shit is the best, and you get so much!

I just toss any non-starchy vegetables I can find in a pan and drown with low sugar tomato sauce. Boil any access water off.

Sprinkle a little cheese on there.

It's a huge keto meal for under 500 calories.

>bonace

>I can't read

Spicy grilled vegetable sandwich

Sauce: Dump into a blender until smooth
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, black pepper, 2 tablespoons nonfat cottage cheese, 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, 2 tablespoons minced shallots, 1 clove peeled and minced garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon juice

Filling: Cut everything into 1/4 inch rounds and season. Roast per usual.
1 small eggplant, 1 medium yellow squash, 1 medium zucchini, 1 red onion, 3 tablespoons italian seasoning, 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, cooking spray

Sandwich: Add dressing to both sides of baguette (or any sturdy, crusty bread) Stuff with the roasted vegetables. Top with the following:
2 roasted red peppers (fresh or jarred and drained or use sliced tomatoes), black pepper, basil, arugula (or spinach)

Was with her up to the point she puts the ketchup on: instantly inedible foodvomit.

I eat a head of lettuce with salsa dressing every day. It's about 200 or so calories depending on size of lettuce head and will fill you up.

I also make cabbage soup pretty regularly.
>Mirepoix
>Garlic
>Stock
>Shredded cabbage
There's your base. Spice it how you want and add potatoes, more carrots, chicken, whatever you want really, to bulk it up

It's not a health thing in itself, but when you consider the myriad things people stuff down their faces (sandwiches, noodles, donuts) it makes it a whole lot harder to do so.

This looks awful. Why would anyone ever put noodles on doritos

>Health food
>Dairy fre
>Gluten free
>Vegan

Get fucked.

The problem is carbs, not the gluten boogieman. Eating a shitload of rice isn't any healthier for you than a pile of pasta.

>gluten free
>dairy free
>vegan

>protein free
>protein and calcium free
>protein free

No

Grind oats into oat flour
Mix egg and tuna
Bind into patties with oat flour
Fry as patties in olive oil

Guaranteed to be 1000% healthier than any meme shit posted ITT

>health
>Veeky Forums
go back to Veeky Forums with your bland meat + carb + veggie meal plan

I don't accept the idea of health food. I think of food as everyday foods and once in a while foods. For me everyday food leans toward vegan, but I don't accept it as a religion.

You realise that none of what you said made any sense whatsoever right?

I often just throw some vegetables and mushrooms, because they're awesome, in a pan with a bit of olive oil and serve it with rice. Easy, fast, tastes great and is healthy as fuck. Bonus points for including nuts and legumes.

>You realise that none of what you said made any sense whatsoever right?

No my post made perfect sense

Gluten free, dairy free and vegan are utterly accidental to healthfulness unless you're actually gluten or lactose intolerant.

And that recipe I posted is nutritionally dense as anything anyone is going to post, and significantly moreso than literally anything rice based.

>gluten free / dairy free / vegan = no protein
Fucking retard. And calory density by itself is completely irrelevant to how healthy a food is.

>Caloric density
Wow yeah, that's the fucking main macronutrient in a ball of tuna, egg and oats right?

And, yes, arbitrarily cutting dairy, wheat protein and meat out of your diet does in fact cut out some of the most nutritionally dense foods available.

But why the fuck am I arguing with someone whose idea of healthy eating is frying up nonspecific vegetables with mushrooms and throwing it on white rice, just like the asians do since they're so thin.

And don't forget to drink a gallon of milk a day.

You're a fucking retard

I like how it doesn't occur to overweight, fad-following retards that directing someone to a board designed around seeing tangible results of proper nutrition is a shitty argument

>Oats
>Cottage Cheese
>Fish
>Chicken
>Whole wheat pasta
>Eggs
>Shellfish
>Milk

In short, yes, food that doesn't complement exercise is de facto not healthful because the idea that you can BE healthy with just diet and not exercise is a fucking fantasy.

No one cares you annoying fucking faggot

Virtue signalling how much of an ugly juicing fuck you are has nothing to do with this thread

>m-m-muh protein!!!!
Go swallow a load of your own, faggot

Thanks for proving me right. Now fuck off.

>Come into health food thread
>Get mad when people supply nutritional tips

Post a fucking recipe already then

Your nutritional tips have absolutely nothing to do with the thread and are again just virtue signalling how much a broscience retard you are

>Start a shitty virtue signaling BONUS FOR VEGAN OR LE GLUTEN FREE OR LE DAIRY FREE thread
>someone else virtue signals

>OMGOMGOMGOMG U CANT PROSELYTIZE IN MYYYYYYYYYYY SHILL THREAD'

kill yourself worthless hypocritical twig of a man

>broscience
>Repeating basic, cornerstone concepts of nutritional science

>pointing out obvious, biased flaws in someone's understanding of nutrition
>nothing to do with a health food thread

Vegans take anything that isn't veganism as an affront to their existence. Might as well hide the thread

>no you!!!

Great job, you ugly fuck

>repeating basic cornerstone concepts of nutritional science

LOL

Which is precisely why I was the one sperging out about muh protein and talking about how disproportional my legs are to my bitchtits ;)

You're right, the idea that nutrition is complementary to exercise in good health totally isn't the first thing you would learn if you had paid attention in health, it's not a fact that a fifth grader could tell you, and it certainly isn't the reason why all your diets fail and you're still an unhealthy, upset person spouting off every Veeky Forums meme he can find at someone with the audacity to tell them their habits are unhealthy.

Still waiting on a recipe; I can't wait to hear about your lettuce and celery in a canned tomato sauce reduction, wa la.

>no you!!!

>Great job, you ugly fuck

Is hypocrisy just your way of life?

Go ahead and tell me where anyone said exercise and nutrition weren't important you gross looking fuck

>unhealthy, upset person

I'm completely fine. I don't feel the need to virtue signal how fat, insecure, and gross I used to be but how I'm still gross and even more insecure

Vegetable chili, fuckhuge batch version:
- 1/1/2 cans of black/pinto/kidney beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato puree
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 bag of frozen sweet corn

- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili pepper (or just use liquid smoke and regular)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- salt to taste

Just simmer it all together until the peppers and onions get soft. It'll taste bad if you under-salt it. Serve with rice and salsa/hot sauce/cilantro/whatever.

That sounds pretty good, and I have all of the ingredients except tomato puree (I do have loads of cans of diced tomatoes though).

I might actually try to make this in muh pressure cooker.

It's a pretty minimal version of what I do, but if you were gonna get rid of anything, then the tomato puree will have the least impact.

Wait. Make that half a teaspoon of cumin. I'm one of the faggots who eyeballs his spices and that was a bad estimate.

My favorite is similar
take potato
wash
poke holes
microwave depending on weight
eat

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9HMej4NmBw

good news bro, one is hot sauce one is chamoy.