What does Veeky Forums think of Starbucks?

What does Veeky Forums think of Starbucks?

I've never been there.

I've been there.

I don't know if I've been there

Can you repeat the question?

It's shit

It's good

Walked past it. Faaar too expensive.

In my country there's maybe a dozen starbucks and trying to pose as "elite establishments" for the hipstest.

Walked in. It's far too cheap.

In my territory there's definitely 12,000 Starbucks trying to pose as run of the mill "coffee shops" for blue collar workers.

One time I accidentally used a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon when adding sugar to my coffee. Tasted just like a Starbucks specialty coffee.

they dont have them in the desert where I live, do they sell soup too?

Once and never again.
Mock coffee for plebs that don't know what coffee is at all.

The only decent coffee they serve is blonde roast and they only make it for the morning addict rush.
If I ask for a blonde roast any other time of day, they'll bust out their stainless steel french press which destroys the taste and tastes worse than if I had made it myself at home with my own french press.
And the coffee costs $3?
I can have 11 coffees for the same price at home, and it won't taste like burnt pike shit.

G

Reason why it's burnt is cause of them over roasting the shit out of their beans

their coffee is shit and horrendously overpriced where I live (all other coffee chains have noticably lower prices AND generally better coffee)
they still make a big profit because apparently they're trendy or something

No.

I get a coffee there 2-3 times a week. I don't really enjoy it. Their brew is always burnt, but their americano is passable.

Cappuccino kinda tastes like cardboard. Dunkin Donuts has equivalent cold brew with way bigger sizes.

McDonald's makes legit better brew coffee.

Burger king makes better brew coffees.

Medium Reserves on the Clover.

Starbucks is the Target of coffee. It's perfectly fine, as long as you avoid the Pike's Place roast, and consistently decent everywhere you go.
If your Starbucks has a Clover, then you can definitely a genuinely good cup of coffee, but it's going to be pricy. If you have a place that actually does a great cup of coffee for less, by all means go there.

Jews

Im pretty sure I read that mcdonalds now uses starbucks original roast for their coffee

but I totally agree with you

I would rather drink mcdonalds than starbucks

Seems like its burnt every time I try it.

Hiring refugees over veterans. Fuck em.

I don't mind the burnt taste 2bh.

that is a girl holding her legs up

True but its a mermaid.

>hiring some guy with a work ethic and motivation who was among the top 5% of his country
>vs hiring a lazy welfare queen with an entitlement complex and a violent disposition
I know who I'd hire

How's that burning American flag smell?

like freedom

don't pretend you signed up because MUH PATRIOTISM

you wanted a meal ticket and a way out of your meth town, and you got it

you should say thank you, as a taxpayer, I paid your way out

you're welcome

You win Keyboard al-bin Warrior. Sorry your shit country got blown to even more shit and you have to come here to tyake our fucking jobs.

I enjoy their frappuccinos as a frozen treat. Don't like their coffee very much. Like to grab a cheese danish if I'm in the mood for a snack.

but this is my country

I'm happy to have immigrants because they are smart and work hard

we need more of them to keep this country afloat so that useless folk like you can live dignified lives on the taxpayer dole

I'm fine with this. it's the burden of being #1

Only your country for a little bit, Mohammad. We're deporting most of you first chance we get.

They already had a veteran hiring program before they said they want to hire refugees.

my people came over in the 1880s. we're not going anywhere. sorry about your lack of work ethic. perhaps you should put up a cardboard sign? seems to work in my city. "gieb monies plox out of work welfare queen"

You've had your first chance in the last 100 days. Orange tinted emperors get superceded by the Constitution every fucking time. But I know that disappoints you, Drumpfcuck.

You seem to forget there are 1361 days left after that.

>I don't have to do anything to fix my life because someone else will fix it
this is why no one wants to hire you, but hey. go ahead and blame the meximohammadaniggers, surely trump will save you :^)

I got 15 dollars in gift cards. What's the best thing to get?

lewd

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a tall black eye
>barista winked at me

When you grow a pair and put foot down on foreign soil for your country, I'll consider your jabs. Until then, Keyboard Warrior, good night.

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a grande black eye
>barista blushed
>he wrote his number on my cup

good night, here's to hoping your orange savior fixes everything so you don't even have to lift a finger :)

This is going somewhere, isn''t it?

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a tall black eye
>get punched in the face

>>>––the joke––>
(You)

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a double expresso
>barista starts running

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a red eye
>barista farts on my pillow

straight white christian men aren't welcome there.

they were willing to let me order, but only after praying 5 times to allah with a dildo in my ass. i did it, but i got kicked out 'cause i wasn't facing mecca.

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a flat white
>get thrown out for racism

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for a flat white
>barista gives me her number

I've been to Starbucks for business meetings, but I've never ordered anything. Coffee is just a stimulant to me. I drink it black and quick, so I refuse to pay more than 69 cents for a cup of coffee.

STICC

>walked into a Starbucks
>asked for the business coffee
>barista serves it black and quick
>tip 69¢

I worked there.

Was fired for eating frozen cookies.

It's okay. Definitely better than tim hortons.

if they have a clover? what?

A Clover is a machine that Starbucks bought the patent for a few years back. It uses a reverse vacuum press to make really good individual cups of coffee. They only have them in the stores that have wealthy enough clientelle to justify selling their "reserves," which are better than normal roasts from specific coffee plantations. Jamaica Blue Mountain made on the clover is actually a really good cup of coffee.

You're not the boss of me now

Pretty bad, but oftentimes it's all you've got to work with. Never get food there. Overpriced and fucking terrible. I actually kind of like their iced coffee though.

I feel your pain. The blonde roast is my favorite too. Although in my case they offer to make a K-cup for me. Fucking why would anyone go to a coffee shop for K-cup coffee?

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen

Only good if you are in the NW, so go there if you live in Idaho, Oregon or Washington

It did. The guy above me isn't kidding when he says the blonde roast is only available during certain hours. Maybe different stores are different depending on demand, but the couple that I've gone to don't generally have it in the afternoon, and they do K-cup packets. And they offerend me one (it might not have been Keurig, it may have been whatever proprietary name Starbucks uses, but same thing).

I know they don't always have stuff roasted, but I've asked for dark in the afternoon at an awful lot of starbucks, and I've never had them offer to just do a K-cup. I'm pretty sure the corporate policy is pour over

all image no substance, its the $300 white t shirt ripoff of the coffee world

If you are getting a white girl coffee, you're going to pay using the following:
>First born child
>Blood of a virgin
>Become subject to cuckism
>All forward gears in your vehicle swapped for reverse

If you are just buying a black coffee however, it is actually cheaper than Dunks ovah here! Tastes better too.

As others have been saying, McDicks has good coffee too!

I was treated to an iced coffee there once
It was pretty tasty

The first four replies of this thread accurately describe age and the ever increasing onset of Alzheimer's

and youre not so big

some facts about starbucks:
1- they buy low-quality beans and intentionally over-roast them to achieve a distinctive char taste
2 - their espresso machines are literal garbage
3 - please just find good independent local espresso shop and support them instead of giving more money to the starbucks meme

I work security at a large commercial building in a large city. The building contains an entrance to the subway, so the building remains open 24/7 and this attracts all manner of vagrants looking for a nap or a place to shoot up.

Across the street is a Starbucks. I actively, every single shift, fervently encourage the vagrants to go to Starbucks, because watching the nu-male bitchmade baristas trying to handle a meth tweaker screaming about HAARP is a pleasure like no other. Sometimes I even tell them that the guy in Starbucks told me to tell the bums that he was giving out free food, just to spark an argument.

I work at Starbucks and it is horrible. The job is fine but the quality of the food and drink is very low.

Your stores don't do pour-overs? The store I work switches to pour-overs at midday. They taste exactly the same as the machine-drips but take a minute to prepare.

Eh. Overroasted beans.

I'll go in there for a sandwhich or something if I'm hungry or a coffee if I'm especially tired, and there aren't any other places to get food or coffee around. The sandwiches are pretty okay, for premade warmed-up stuff.

I've never seen a starbucks that does that.
If I ask for an expresso, they'll give me a cup of coffee sludge in a little paper cup and charge me $3.

Where do you live where starbucks isn't entirely geared towards making milkshakes and coffee is a literal afterthought?

You're a good person, user.

>walked into a starbucks
Deserved

Only been there a couple of times.

The one that has been around for years was always in a shitty location and hard to get to. Had next to no parking (I am talking like 6-8 spots at most, it is tiny) and was always busy with hipsters that took forever to order, and the drive thru was not much better. They finally built one closer to me that is in a better spot and has much better parking, so I might give them more of a chance now.

When I did try them, I found the options a bit overwhelming so I tend to go with more basic shit. I find their stuff to be way overpriced for what it is and feels more like it is more about the label then anything else.

The one thing I do like is the individual frappuccinos you can get at the store. Those things are damn great when you are in a hurry or want to get on the road. If they were not so overpriced, I would buy them more regularly.

>frapuccino
Are you 15

Probably the sharpening kid with the fat hands who posted about how his mom stuck his knife in the dishwasher the other day

He said he was 17

If you have to order by blend at your coffee shop you might be a nu-male.

To be honest I buy the coffee. My local guy was so unpredictable and terrible store owner I have no desire to ever go back. His coffee was good but he'd leave his story constantly and never hired staff.

I like the reserve things. It's fun.

is this really an argument?
they only have 3 to choose from

Around where I live we call them Starcucks ever since they said they would support non-citizen refugees over true Americans. No skin off my back, their coffee always tasted burned anyway.

> expresso

You get what you order.

>starbucks would rather hire hard-working immigrants than welfare queen backwoods hicks who got a taxpayer funded mealticket just for going to iraq
Not to mention they're all fucked in the head from the PTSD and will probably go postal once you lay them off.

How many times did you get asked to make a unicorn frappuccino this week?

I went on the starbucks subreddit and all i saw was literal wagecuck butthurt over dumbass baristas being FORCED to do their job.
>WAAAAAAH I HAD TO MAKE X OF THIS COMPLICATED MILKSHAKE WHY THE FUCK STOP MAKING ME WORK FOR MY PAYCHECK!!!! AAAAAAAA!!!

These are the literal shitstains who will be paid $15.

I work there ama.

how do you feel about people who ask for 3 espresso shots in a venti cup with ice and then help themselves to the free cream to make a ghetto iced latte?

Doesn't really bother me. I'm fine with it. Prices are too high anyways. Rumors are they're gonna raise them again

how do I get them to make a fresh batch of blonde roast coffee just for me?

Alt.Barista here, I have customers who pay for the size of coffee and put 6-10$ in the tip jar just to keep a quarter batch of dark or blonde up. I'm pretty sure I can't do that but shit, I can't say no cause then I have to 'make the situation right' being going to the back to go fuck myself, basically.

kek

I don't work for Starbucks, but with the exception of the reserve blends, you can ask for a cup of any of their bagged roasts on site to be specifically brewed for you in a french press on the spot. They have to do it. It's company policy. You don't have to tip either, but it's a nice thing to do since they actually put more effort into it than pulling a lever or pressing a button.

And I'm going to tell you we're out of it. Fucking blonde roast fags. Literally the worst fucking type of coffee.