TRUFFLES

Are truffles a meme? I've never had them. Can they be bought online somewhere?

Stop asking if things are a meme you roody-poo

Ye for sure, and sauces/pates/condiments containing truffle are pretty easy to find.

They taste like shit by themselves but are delicious in a sauce or pate.

Everything can be bought online now it seems!

You're a fucking idiot.

Had a pretty tasty truffle potato cream base soup as an appetizer a few weeks ago.

You're a fucking faggot.

Easiest way to ease into them is to buy truffle oil and start uising to add some earthy flavors to pretty much anything like pasta's and meat.

Truffles are pretty good.
Their taste is quite hard to describe. It's like mix of aromatic earthy tones and some petrol, but it actually tastes good.
Trying truffles once in a lifetime is a must.

You're fucking a faggot

I've tried truffle oil before and didn't like the taste very much. I've heard that it tastes different than real truffles, is that true? I'd like to know before I splurge on some to try.

You're fagging a fuck

truffle sea salt on popcorn is freaking amazing... also smoking good on fries

I find them meh for the price you pay but marmalade and honey with truffles are one of the greatest things I ever tasted.

1) take chestnut
2) throw it into some mud
3) fish it out and eat
4) WA LA authentic truffle flavor

I prefer truffle salt to the oil.

Yes you can get them all over the place. Just make sure you're buying from a reputable vendor. I use them in mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and risotto.

>asking if truffles are a meme

This is some plebeian shit right here (plebeian shit posting that is).

>smells like ball sweat
>tastes like dirt
>more expensive by weight than gold

Fuck truffles.

If anything is a meme it's truffle oil. Most of them don't even have actual truffles. It's awful and completely overpowers food. Truffles are weirdly delicate and intense at the same time.

>WA LA

>shit the poors say

truffles serve their purpose. They are a unique food and are extremely pungent. I think its the best tasting of the "fancy" foods. Caviar can be ok as well. I cannot eat sea urchin it makes me want to vomit. Ive tried it probably 10 times and really wanted to like it but I just dont like the flavor.

Also as far as "fancy" foods go, sweetbreads are delicious. Extremely surprisingly good. Foie gras is also pretty delicious. So actually sweetbreads and foie gras are better than truffle.

They taste like earthy mushrooms with a hint of musk. They're not the be all and end all of food. They're definitely over hyped

They taste like shit
They smell like shit
They cost like diamond

You can grow your own truffles OP. Just don't wash yourself for 1 month then take some samples from your crouch and plant it near a tree. Profit like never before. People will eat your fungus from your balls and say its tasty.

>All this poor
wew