Is Stephen king legitimate literature?

Is Stephen king legitimate literature?

No, not even close.

yes, deal with it

His nose looks like a plastic surgery nose.

Just look at him for fuck sake

Yes. The fact that I don't like his works don't invalidate them as literature.

Salem's Lot was pretty good, if a bit long winded.

He looks like a real life version of a Lego man.

Stephen King has written some good, albeit very pulpy books. Misery, The Stand and Salems Lot stand out to me,

He looks like Jim Carrey's Grinch, or a Whoville Who.

churned out more shit books than he did tolerable ones. "Mr Mercedes" had put me off Stephen King for life

Yes, he might not be quality literature but is still literature, and even more, he is fun, something not many authors are capable to be.

I like Salem's Lot, The Stand, and The Dark Tower series and think they have merit to them.

They aren't gonna blow your fucking mind but they are good.

Most of his work is simply good genre (ie. Horror) writing, but some of his better books transcend the genre to possibly reach literature status (Misery, The Shining, The Body, RHAT Shawshank Redemption, The Stand)

hes the greatest writer alive, wether you like it or not

the tragic moment when Kitsch became self-counscious

This is the ideal make author. You may not like it, but this is what performance looks like

You enter a library and this guy slap your book
Wat do ?

What is his Magnum Opus?

I think most of his goods stories, like The Shining, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption were better as movies than books.

If you read for the plot, yeah, he is one of the best out there, but I usually don't look for it when I'm reading.

Is Lovecraft literature? Poe?

Most people would say The Stand or The Dark Tower, but I would say Misery.

The only fucking adult in this entire thread.

Pet Sematary has some intense shit in it. It gets to some emotional and psychological heights that only great art touch.

And the horror scenes - the trips to the pet cemetery, among other things - are so richly imagined and vivid, resonant and deeply felt.

Looked at from a formalist angle, it's a messy and uneven work. Inelegant. But in the best scenes and sequences, it touches on the profoundest undercurrents in horror as a genre with a force equivalent to Macbeth.

I don't particularly like his sloppy writing style. I think his best stuff is his short stories, where he doesn't have as much freedom to ramble.

Doesn't he use ghostwriters?

Gerald's Game is GOAT

Dance of death for plot and Duma Key for discourse

He's still 6'4'' masterrace you fucking manlets.

When will you learn?

Yeah. It's words on paper, isn't it?

I see manlets still like to obsess over other people's height.

It's a horror story. I'm sorry but here in Europe he's not far removed from JK Rowling in cultural respect. Not a word is given to him, and that's it.

Is he still hiding after Trump won?

All I've read is The Stand. I enjoyed it up until the shit ending ruined the whole thing

He was

IMO his best books were written while he was coked out of his mind.

fetal alcohol syndrome crippled master race

I am a /tv/ dweller, I just came to lurk here for a bit and I saw this post accidentally. I never had the head for Veeky Forums, yet I can tell you two things about Stephen:

1) He's an absolute dick to other authors.
2) His work is movie script-tier at best

>I am a /tv/ dinner

yes, deal with it

The Shining-movie fucking butchered the whole book. Do not agree at all

No, he came back after a week

Actually, he even got an award for promoting lesser known authors, so no... He is a dick to those

(cont) that actually writes awful and deserves many dicks in their rectums

>2) His work is movie script-tier at best

I agree with this. His stories are very good and fun, but thats not what makes literature good.
Forgot Misery.

>some of his better books transcend the genre to possibly reach literature status

lol

an author who gets published (real publishing, mind you) means they have real concrete fandoms. Why must he be a dick to them in the first place when ASAIK they didn't hurt him in anyway.

*board
FTFY

sure

>It's a horror story
>therefore invalid
See, this shit. This right here is why no one takes you seriously.

>Die at 30 because of roids

Someone recommend me a Stephen King book with a qt girl worth my virginal affection.

>implying genre isn't literature
>poe isn't literature
>gilgamesh isn't literature
>kafka's work or crime and punishment aren't literature
>1984/Brave New World isn't literature

I dunno, I just heard he had a real feud with one guy because he said his books sucks and then that guy decided to write a whole book about what an asshole King is. The thing is, he does a positive stuff for a LOT of writers so I think it outweights the negative stuff. He has been writing his entire life and probably had to deal with publishing and author-drama than any other writer - I think it is natural you get at least some enemies on the way for that.

CELL has Alice Maxwell. She is pretty cute I think

he does a LOT of positive stuff*
He has been writing his entire life and probably had to deal with publishing and author-drama MORE* than any other writer

Also, since you mentioned you come from /tv/, Evil Dead would never had made it if it weren't for King's recommendation and praise. The movie could've ended up being an indie obscurity otherwise.

Firestarter.

I remember The Long Walk and The Running Man being pretty good.

A master class in padding.

Different dude. Tattoo keeps changing sides. Open up your eyes, plebs.