QTTDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

>Charts Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Literature_by_origin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I shot web?

Why haven't you read Baudolino yet?

is it ok to simultaneously read 2 novels with tons of characters each?

I'll allow it

Can someone recommend me a book that's merit lies in the beauty of its prose? A book with beautiful imagery. Kind of similar to Picture of Dorian Gray and Lolita.

t-thanks senpai

Have you tried Death is a Lonely Business?

How to find good translations? The online websites I use only has one or two of the worst translations.

try Absalom, Absalom!

I'm reading a bad translation of Crime and punishment currently. Only just started so not sure if its allowed.

Does The Recognitions turn up a gear in part two? I'm nearing the end of part one and it feels like things are just being set up.

I have Rule 34 by Charles Stross but should I read Halting State first?

The leopard
Anything by borges

Bumping containment

Just do a little research, mostly you have to buy a book though.

>questions that ton't deserve their own thread

Anyone ever recoverd from sever lack of focus?

I find it nearly impossible to focus on one thing without being distracted by every random thought. It makes reading very difficult.

I've tried ADHD medicine, but it doesn't really help. Any advice?

What type of ADHD medicine and what dosage?

Focalin, 10 mg

try different kinds, I was diagnosed at 5 with ADHD and rotated between 4 different pills until I found the one that worked for me. Been taking it ever since and I'm twenty now. The pills still work, I could manage without them, but it's nice to have something that keeps me ultra focused while at uni

planning on reading The Idiot, never read Dostoevsky before. sound decision?

sounds ok - just don't read Karamazov Brothers as first book. It should be the last you read by him imo

why so?

I've finished reading all the plays recommended in this chart, or at least 1-2 from the more prolific authors. I haven't saw or read a play for the last decade, so it was a great experience.

Can anyone link to a good course on 20th century theater? All I found through google seemed pretty bad (lecture 5-7 on American musicals), and in general, if you haven't taken a course it's hard to know if it's good or not. I could do with course summery someone made, but again I don't want to pick a random one. A book could also be fine.

Recommend me some French lit that isn't Huge or Dumas.

And is Mrs Dalloway Virginia Woolf's best book?

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Literature_by_origin

ctrl+f france

Not the best, but most accessible and a great book.

bump

What are the best English translations for the Poetic Edda and the Epic of Gilgamesh?

>I've finished reading all the plays recommended in this chart
>Actually, I only read 1-2 from the more prolific orders
Pleb. *spits*

>Epic of Gilgamesh
No good ones, pick whoever you like. The Akkadian is more consistent but is itself a translation of the Sumerian which is interpretable af

What are the implications of this ambassador's murder? I don't want to ask /pol/.

Has anyone here read any books on body language, social enginnering, infuence over people or similar? Any recs? Just looking to strengthen my comunication and relationships

The Oxford World Press edition of the Poetic Edda is the one to get.

So the last book I finished was Moby Dick and it was phenomenal. I loved Melville's creative writing, the whole thing read like poetry, it really did. It really knocked me out. You'da loved it. Now I'm reading Catcher in the Rye and I really don't like it. I really don't. His writing style is like how repetitive, dull and just phony, in my opinion. It really is.

Satire aside, why is this book so hyped? I understand I'm entering the immature mind of an isolated and lonely Holden, and I'm only halfway through it right now, a lot of the themes are introduced in a rather subtle and unconventional manner, but I just see Salinger being dwarfed by Melville's immense talent. I almost view Salinger's approach in this book as a scapegoat - hiding behind the guise of an immature boy makes a convenient excuse to write like shit.

But obviously I'm a retard so plox enlighten me wise ones

>pic related

samefag here, I wish I could articulate my feelings better on why I hate this book so much but truth is I don't even really understand why I do

just strictly disappointing, but ayyy lmao m8 back to readin it