Bean paste donuts

So I made this excellent donut dough today and my wife, who is asian, stuffed them with a fucking bean paste instead of jelly or jam (pic related). I tasted one and the dough was really light and airy, but the tasteless sawdust bean paste made me gag. Do I have a deficient palate? How the hell do people enjoy bean paste as a pastry dessert?

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018195-sweet-mochi-with-red-bean-filling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your wife has better taste than you. Jelly donuts are the worst.

I love red bean paste but it seems the wrong texture and flavour for donuts. The sugar of the donut overpowers the paste, and the fact it is a paste means it doesn't contrast well with the light airiness of the dough.

Red bean buns are airy nonetheless but not in the same way as a donut.

>chinese sweets

red bean donuts are the fuckin bomb. Holy shit if i didnt eat a bunch of junk today, id eat at least 10 of them. Shit, they're like fuckin candy. OP you're palette must be on the level of a 5 year old, if you cant appreciate their taste.

OK. But this shit has the texture and flavor of sawdust to me. Funny thing is I love breads and make my own (that's why I made her this dough). I also love beans. But this combination was just vile.

do you and your chinese wife live in flyoverville?

if not, go to chinatown or koreatown in your city and get a red bean taiyaki or korean pancake or walnut cake. shit's cash.

try them warm. your opinion will change.

it's okay. i'm abc and i dislike red bean paste. it's just an acquired taste.

If your Asian wife made the bean paste without copious amount of sugar, she's doing it wrong and likely too busy getting blacked to care.

If your Asian wife brought the bean paste from the store, she brought the wrong one.

if your wife made the bean paste, then she did a really shit job at it. my mom used to make her own red bean paste and it had the consistency of baked beans that have been mashed around a bit, and was very sweet.

She made it herself, but yeah, she doesn't use a buttload of sugar.

How do you know that I'm not alternatively colored and am the one blacking her?

Red bean cakes are my favorite dessert of all time, did she make the paste herself or buy it? Please ask her. I was craving some red bean mochi so bad the other day and can't find it anywhere/ am not Asian and don't know how to make it right. The only times I've ever had it was at restaurants a long way from where I live

By ask her I mean force her to post either the recipe or name of the brand she used

Fuck fuck fuck I need to know I'm so hungry for red bean paste. The flavors of mochi they have everywhere around me are so pleb tier, mango, strawberry, and matcha

Because blacks don't know how to make things, just take them.

That would be grounds for immediate divorce. Bean paste is foul, only the cringiest weebs pretend to enjoy it.

>my Asian wife made dumb gross food again

Send the donuts to me, I like red bean paste. Send the wife, too.

Korean pancakes, with like shrimp and green onions and other stuff in it? My aunt would make me those, and she taught me how to make that one sauce with sesame seeds, soy sauce, red pepper paste, green onions and something else. I love that sauce on plain rice.

She just simmers, I think they are called Adzuki beans maybe, and then adds some sugar and mashes it into a paste. Maybe that's why it's shit because it sounds like you guys think there should be a recipe. But she seemed to think they were great.

>my Asian wife made dumb gross food again
I also want to eat them. You should send them to me.
also: keep your wife but send her brother

Just fill her up with your own special recipe paste. It'll be a lot better than her food.

It seems like she isn't using enough sugar or is prepping it wrong if it isn't very delicious. I'm gonna try this recipe, I've had really good luck with nyt recipes in the past cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018195-sweet-mochi-with-red-bean-filling

first post worst post

It's ment to be taste sweet red bean and never dry.
Also tell who ever cooked it desert should not be shit and to make it properly it's gonna be unhealthy from the dough so just follow the recipe.

Yeah, I don't know why she's paranoid about adding enough sugar to the beans since the dough has 1/2 cup of sugar and a full stick of butter to 5 cups of flour, lol. I mean healthwise the thing is a total fucking wreck anyway, why not go all the way?

Red bean paste is moist, sweet and delicious.

I can only assume your tongue has rotted right out of your skull.

You expected fruit jelly taste when you should've tasted it more like a peanut butter/savory taste.

Also, why did you marry an asian when asians are notorious for having the blandest of sweets on the entire planet? In fact, a lot of asians hate sweetness period and think a teaspoon of sugar in anything is pure diabetes.

you have no idea what you're talking about. red bean is best paired with a slightly more dense chewier dough but east-west combinations like this are well loved for a reason.
maybe your wife made/bought gross bean paste. go to a local korean or japanese bakery and try one of their red bean donuts, they're excellent (and usually coated with granulated sugar.)

wrong pancakes! but those pancakes are good too yeah i think they meant smth like dorayaki

japanese sweets are meant to be eaten with green tea. i think the bitterness of the tea makes them taste sweeter. kind of how English biscuits are less sweet than cookies. but yeah, bean paste is not really sweet enough for a western palate.

source: just spent a week in tokyo and ate a metric truckload of various anko-laden confections

Korean or Japanese?

Your wife must be cucking you OP.

Unrefined tastebuds.

>and my wife stuffed them with a fucking bean paste instead of jelly or jam

retard why didn't you just tell her not to

Unlike the stereotype americans have about asian women being subservient and submissive in the house, irl it doesn't work that way. Now in public, they might, in some situations present that image, but you can be quite sure it doesn't happen at home.

Not even saying anything about her being asian, just ask her not to put shit in the dough you made

>Unlike the stereotype americans have about asian women being subservient and submissive in the house

They actually are to white males.

Problem is, there are 3 Asian males to every 2 Asian women.

Asian women have learned to behave like white spoiled princesses because of this fucked up ratio... even ugly chink women are stuck up because of the 100 ugly ass chink men chasing them daily.

But still, if you're boss/alpha, asian women treat you better than any other women... they respect money & power.

To be honest I'm not that big into sweets. I probably would have only eaten 1 jelly donut anyway. I like to make breads so I'm happy to make the dough for her. My point was really trying to emphasize that I didn't understand the popularity of it.

Asian women throughout Asia have historically controlled the household finances even so far as to give their husband an allowance for spending money, so I don't know what you're on about. Of course that's not how she and I do it.

You should bring your wife a pure glass of water and then make a nice stuffing for your donuts.