youtube.com/channel/UCB_pokQ27mY3DGlGrSdNKKw
youtube.com/watch?v=O0SSP2MnOKY
wattpad.com/340653887-the-best-intentions-chapter-one-the-only-chapter
youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4
youtube.com/watch?v=wGu5RAbFxoE
youtube.com/watch?v=WFLD66lsWtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that screencap alone does not paint a very pleasing picture
am I right to assume it's a bunch of special snowflakes who think they're the shit because they read books outside of the YA Fiction section at their local BaN?

>they read books outside of the YA Fiction section at their local BaN?

hahahahahahaha

No it is even worse than that. It is 20-30 somethings who read and collect YA exclusively.

oh jesus
so it's literally just tumblrtube
end it senpai

>am I right to assume it's a bunch of special snowflakes who think they're the shit because they read books outside of the YA Fiction section at their local BaN?
So Veeky Forums?

like youtube book reviewers? for the love of ryan is good IMO. i like how he doesnt really spoil the book. i think someone mentioned him here, otherwise i would have never have heard of him

plebs

I know a girl that reeks of this.

She "reads" a lot. Like a book a day and I gradually realized that she literally only reads YA. She also writes YA in Nanowrimo so she thinks she's an author.

I'm getting her a copy of The Crying of Lot 49 for Christmas. I can't wait to see her response to it.

Why are there no the classics booktuber?

Maybe I should start one and collect those lovely youtube shekels.

I imagine you can't make a popular channel about books unless you talk about the books that most people are aware of.
Unfortunately what most people are aware of is shit.

BookChemist is the only one I really enjoy, the rest are all either YA cancer like in the OP or unbearably pretentious.

I just want a quirky booktuber gf with a basic bitch taste in books, is that so much to ask?

slam her juicy pussy wiht your superiuor lit knowledge

I enjoy watching them. I like hating. Thats why im here

>never actually watched any booktube shit
>look it up because you retards constantly meme about it
>mfw
Nerd culture was a mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=gjyqil4T-4Y
This sums them all up perfectly. They are so obviously jus for the booklover aesthetic

BAZPIERCE SAVE US

surely she realises how ridiculous it all is. I feel like this could pass as a terrible parody just as much as a serious (but still crap) video.

but still
>tfw no booktuber novia espaƱola

What would you rather these booktubers review? Swing Time by Zadie Smith? Purity by Jonathan Franzen? Whatever the latest posthumous cash grab on DFW is? 19th century classic novels that everyone already knows about anyway? All of the "Veeky Forums approved" contemporary authors take 5 year gaps between book releases, is it such a crime to read pleb shit in between these gaps?

She has a bf.And by the looks of it he is a beta tamed cuck. This type of women probably don't take nothing else.

ALSO----> papelenblanco.com/animacion-a-la-lectura/y-la-polemica-alcanzo-a-los-booktubers
This program of South Valencia made fun of the whole booktuber thingie. Pretty dope.

It always kind've confused me. Just like the intent, is it to show off? Like some kind of self-validation that they're not wasting their time? Does having to make a "review" force them to pay more attention to the books?

A lot of kids at my uni say they need to take creative writing classes because without a deadline they'll never write anything or finish anything, so maybe it's the same sort of thing? Like having a quota to fill? I dont know why someone would willingly do that though, you'd have to really think you're not interesting as a person if you need to be able to prove you read a lot of books in a year. Like I remember last year I was at the Strand in NYC
>hipster pseud-catering culture shop
but the books are cheap, and I was buying a book and the tumblrista ringing me up was telling her coworker "I've read about 60 books this year." I dont know what makes them think people care. It says a lot more than they think.

Better than food book reviews is p good and reviews good lit

I wonder if it's something similar to what I do. I have a notebook in which after I finish a book I write one or two essays about the book. I don't need to do it to make sure I'm thinking about the book enough, but I do it as assurance that I'm spending enough time reflecting on it before I move on to the next one.

Maybe making a video about a book is something like that?

The only guy I watch is PaperBird.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ic8-gJ2SUQ

spanish is such a disgusting language

I don't get the point unless the person is providing some sort of in-depth analysis or review. I like college lectures on literature, and professors (people like Gregory Sadler) who do close readings of the text. In the future (assuming I'm able to learn enough to feel like I can actually speak authoritatively) I would like to start a YouTube channel devoted to literature/philosophy lectures. I would love to be a college professor, but I'm not sure how much more time I want to devote to school to become one, so I'd much rather make a hobby of it.

wow, the amount of rage over that report is great. it was just a good honest report on the whole trend, and hardly even offensive (unless you are a soft cock) I don't think booktubers realise that people exist outside their online love-bubble - they get angry when they are faced with the reality of their infantilised existence.
thanks for the vid user

Anyone know some channels like this?

youtube.com/channel/UCB_pokQ27mY3DGlGrSdNKKw

No girls please. I tried that before and I can't handle the bullshit. I watched an "analysis" on Bram Stoker's Dracula and the dumb cunt kept going on about misogyny.

>how dare people enjoy different things in a different manner to me

But the status of the sexes in Victorian society is a theme in Dracula.

Have to be pretty far down the rabbit hole to sperg out at the mere mention of misogyny.

She was about how Bram Stoker was a misogynist.

this senpai,
I used to watch them ironically, just because i knew i was better.

>how dare people talk negatively about something I don't want them talking negatively about

You and me both famalam.
Bookchemist is based.

youtube.com/watch?v=O0SSP2MnOKY

really makes you think....

I have a curated list of attractive yet shy booktubers with view counts low enough to keep their self esteem in check yet high enough to keep them uploading videos regularly.

I do this also, but I download all their vids to keep an archive of their activities so if they stop doing it, atleast I have some record of it all

witnessed.

The monkey toy makes me sick.

Please share user. I admit, I crush on shy qt booktuber girls then unsub once they offhandedly mention their boyfriend.

I'd rather not, after what happened to that poor booktube girl.

Im not a troll or bully to booktuber girls, actually I almost never comment or interact with them in any way but I understand. Although I am unsure why you decided to share the fact that you have a list with us when you are unwilling to share the actual list. Bit disappointing m8

lmao his stories are fucking golden

wattpad.com/340653887-the-best-intentions-chapter-one-the-only-chapter

The only good booktuber is BulletDeer

youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4

this is why capitalism has to die

I don't care if it's repaced with fascism, communism or an islamic caliphate. This disgusting culture must be gotten rid of.

There's one classic booktuber and her name is Katie

Pic related has massive boobs.

Oh, you mean that coal burning mudshark who exclusively fucks niggers and is also a feminist?

ZING!

>wasting a get this good on such an absolute pleb

wasted... wasted...

>I'm getting her a copy of The Crying of Lot 49 for Christmas. I can't wait to see her response to it.

Could you be any more of a literal autist?

Don't know if the newfags deserve abuse or I should have move off the internet by now

Bookchemist is pretty good
Bazpierce is ok but his voice is annoying as fuck
CliffSargent reviews good books but I'm positive he literally just looks on Veeky Forums for recommendations, also he's a faggot

those are the only 3 I watch occasionally. I saw one video one time from a guy who admitted that he didn't actually read the books but only listened to them, and then 4 of his 5 favorites were by the same YA author. I decided never to go looking for booktubers again

>pynchon
>literature
pick one

I hope you enjoy paying $20 for a fucking literal doorstop for this girl

>Bookchemist is pretty good

but his taste is just incredibly entry level Veeky Forums fare.

if that's the best of the best then why even bother with "booktubers".

You can buy a new copy from Amazon for $8.74 right now.
>implying it's big enough to stop a door.

>why even bother if he's not as far down the rabbit hole as I am?
what should he be reading then?

i'm not saying the guy's taste is bad. just very entry and simplistic.

what's the point?

haha.ya guys..i totally am not buying this girl a book cause i like her...!

every fucking time... the last post

I just don't think "entry level" taste is a reason to write someone off.
The point to me isn't to get insight on more hidden and complex books.
He's just fun to watch senpai. I discover a book occasionally from him, but more often than not I just like hearing him talk about something I already know/have read/want to read.
It's not a class, just fun.

the point is that I don't spend all my time on Veeky Forums, so other than the meme trilogy and William Gass I don't really know what constitutes entry level Veeky Forums books

yeah man ram dat book in her pussay to show her who the real mvp lit boss is tbhfamsquad

Seemingly.

fair enough.

But she's gonna use it for that nonetheless

You really don't get the mind of someone who unironically reads YA, she's going to think it's utter trash

Don't you just LOVE that YA classic by bulgakov?

to be fair M&M is a relatively simple text

Do you guys like my videos?

In this one you can see my tits (kind of!)

youtube.com/watch?v=wGu5RAbFxoE

Stop pretending to be a girl, Bakker

>it's for me
>it's completely for me
Is that why you made a video about it

Naw, the video is for you.

OMFG.

Is it worst than goodreads?

>the intent, is it to show off? Like some kind of self-validation

Notice how it's all women, or gay men whose brains are fried and who just try to imitate women.

Women don't do anything except for attention and validation.

I've heard this shitty stock music in other booktubers' videos.

Oh my god

yeah there's a near endless supply of good philosophy and literature and if you're going to read pleb shit you might as well just watch television or play videogames

This is unironically brilliant. Both for its ability to rope in new readers and its ability to trigger Veeky Forums beyond comprehension.

It's a valid point you dumb bastards. The book is like Looney Tunes steeped in cultural and historical minutiae

What a fag good God. Its like a woman in a man's body.
>Woah I like fairies!
Yeah I bet you do you poser faggot.

There are worse

I've been looking for this gay asian with a lisp I found who was going through his ultra-feminine fairy fucking fantasy books and shit, but for the life of me I just can't find it

After watching for a few minutes I was quite triggered and wanted to kill myself. In a fit of masochism I clicked the link to youtube proper, and was instantly taken to this monstrosity.

Damn! They're supposed to delete their channel after they hit 25! HD wasn't made for this!

>if you're going to read pleb shit you might as well just watch television or play videogames
This

>and the dumb cunt kept going on about misogyny
So it's like reading "reviews" on goodreads? Someone always complains about muh misogyny, sexism, or racism.

>in response to this
>youtube.com/watch?v=WFLD66lsWtg
Looks like a kike trying to get the stupid goyim to play videogames.. Besides that why does this garbage have so many views and likes?

Looks like you're going tits-less as well

>"10 reasons why I want to kill myself"

wow that girl is so quirky ! XD :)

Subscribed, you go! Girl power!

Everything is a fucking work for these people, even their ordinary reactions and speaking habits are shit they absorbed from Buzzfeed videos

i don't think i'm comfortable with these microaggressions of yours

>"Are Video Games Literature?"
No you fucking whore they're not. Literature is a clearly defined term, there is nothing to argue about there. It's the same logic as if you would ask "Are cars planes?" or "Are movies music?". Just straight up retarded.

Why would you say that to me? I'm not the idiot in the video.

I don't talk about you, I relate to the video you shared, otherwise people wouldn't know what I mean.