10 Healthiest Foods

Based on your personal use and understanding, can you help me reach a consensus of what the top 10 most healthful foods are?

Bonus points for the best supplements to take.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-up-on-the-veggies/
livestrong.com/article/280952-what-are-the-benefits-of-amla-powder/
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

best veggie: cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, kale, etc). low GI, high nutrition. destroys estrogen.

best fruit: berries. low GI, high nutrition. insane antioxidants.

best protein: sardines. omega 3s. plus little mercury 'cause they're little short-lived fish. mercury is mostly a big fish thing.

1) Hamburgers
2) cheese
3) Lettuce
4) Sweet Potatoes
5) Steak
6) Angel hair spaghetti
7) Garlic Bread
8) Oats
9) Mushrooms
10) Strawberries

Salmon
Kale
Blueberries
Pumpkin Seeds
Olive Oil
Garlic
Onions
Carrot
Sweet potato
Broccoli

Meat: Salmon, Sardines, Dark Chicken, Beef liver, Oysters, Free range chicken eggs.

Best Greens: Kale, Mustard Greens, Swiss chard, Water cress, Napa cabbage.

Best Fruit: Blueberries, Pomegranate, Blackberries, Water Melon, Apples, Avacado.

Best Vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrot, Sweet potato, Tomato, Red bell peppers, Onions, Garlic, Brussel sprouts.

Best nuts/seeds: Walnut, Almond, Pastacios, Chia, Flax, Pumpkin, Sunflower.

Best Grain: Buckwheat, Quinoa, Any multigrain break with 7 types of grain or more.

Fats: Olive Oil and Canola.

Spices/herbs: Pepper, Sage, Garlic, Cayenne, Rosemary

-berries, specifically blue or rasp
-spinach
-walnuts
-salmon
-garlic
-sweet potato
-broccoli
-sauerkraut
-skyr
-beets

>Based on your personal use and understanding, can you help me reach a consensus of what the top 10 most healthful foods are?
When we say we want healthy foods how do we define that? Typically we mean nutritionally-dense foods that are punch far above average on the vitamin/mineral and phytonutrient content for their calorie cost with an absence of fat. Also being a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber would be a plus.

nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-up-on-the-veggies/
Of the lab analyzed rankings available, you are looking at cruciferious and leafy veggies at the top (minus lettuce which even among the romaine variety is noncompetitive). On top of that, if a dark purple or red variety is available choose it over the green variety because the color is owing to it's intense anthocyanin anti-oxidant content that overpowers the chlorophyll of normal green veggies (other examples: lycopene makes red tomatoes, beta-carotene makes orange carrots, and again anthocyanin makes many berries blue or dark red).
My short list in no strict order except #1 which is the absolute king of $/ounce nutrition:
1. Red Cabbage
2. Spinach
3. Beets
4. Eggplant
5. Broccoli
6. Asparagus
7. Brussels Sprouts
8. Collard/Mustard Leaves & Kale
9. Califlower

The most anti-oxidant rich substance in existence are mostly spices like cinnamon, tumeric, nutmeg, etc, and the most dense among those is actually the Indian Gooseberry which when dried and ground up is called Amla Powder. It's really sour and I usually add only a bit to my cooking, treating it like a spice.
livestrong.com/article/280952-what-are-the-benefits-of-amla-powder/

Im in so much pain, I just want to kill myself. The broccoli isnt working

>Bonus points for the best supplements to take.
The only supplements you reaaaaally should be taking in addition to a diet rich in fruits & veggies are B12 (made by bacteria in the digestive tract) & Vitamin D as D3 (made by the body responding to skin exposure) because they aren't made by plants and animals themselves to be dietary available in non-negligible amounts (B12) or at all (D). Unless you eat a lot of fortified food/nutritional yeast you are probably deficient in B because of how poorly it gets absorbed and how little of it you normally encounter in food.
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/

Also because we don't spend most of our lives outside like our ancestors and wear clothes now when do go out, we are also not getting enough D naturally.
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/

Of course you could get a fasting blood test check of your levels if want to put the question individually to rest.

Always go for the dark leafy greens my man. Berries are always good too, as are carrots.

so basically you just agree with whatever the new 'healthy' meme foods are.

on a completely unrelated note. All the shit you listed is fucking top-teir. 9/10

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

Ah, now this is a tasty pasta!

yogurt you dicks

Nice digits and nice pasta there friendo

Kill your self, no one will miss you.

I will

>dairy
>healthy

pleb spotted

i bet you buy the shit that's full of a massive amount of added sugar too, don't you?

you're a sucker

No you wont. You dont give a fuck at all.

I do

Lick my hairy, shitty asshole

But why

Personally I've added several things overtime, I already ate pretty healthy before but you can always improve. I should work on my vegetable plate.
Berries (blue and strawberries)
Cauliflower/broccoli
Seeds (chia, pumpkin and a mix of various seeds)
Nuts (pine, walnuts)
Some more variety to fruits instead of mainly apples/oranges/bananas
Sweet potatoes

Supplements just B12 and K2 on days I eat very little dairy/meat and D3.

I quit my office job and now I am getting paid 96 Dollars hourly. How? I work-over internet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was to try-somethig different. 2 years after…I can say my life is changed completely for the better!…A2.n.Check it out what i do…
www.youwork6.com

Exquisite digits, user.

>I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver.
Made me laugh more than it should have.

my cock
you should try it

>spinach barely mentioned
Are people fucking retarded?

but who was oxalic acid
who was kidney stones

Whom is at high-risk to be genetically predisposed to get them? 10%-15% of the population??

Oh no! Drink plenty of water daily and you'll be fine.

#1 Pumpkin seeds

> maymay
> Redit spacing
You have to go back.