/beer/

Rate my haul.

>just got a raise edition

Other urls found in this thread:

crystallakebrew.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice of you to buy your son and his highscool friends that, but where is the hard liquor for yourself?

Bundaberg ginger beer rules

Those huge specialty beers are too expensive. Theyre good just too expensive.

The Chartreuse in the back is for the kids, the beer is for the grown-ups.

Fpbp

Every beer I've ever tasted has been bland cheerio water. Why do people drink it?

Green Chartreuse is 110 proof, the fuck are you talking about?

>why do normies do normie things

To fit in of course.

>10/hipster
fuck you and your shit beers nigger

>some beer from san diego
looks good to me!

my ironic mustache says fuck you

>my ironic mustache

Reddit says they want you back.

hopefully he takes his liquid cancer

>DFH 120M IPA
I have that on tap ~5 minutes from the house.

Breddy gud IPA.

Treehouse's lineup and other New England milkshake IPA's have been the current whale beers for a while.

KBS is seriously for faggots.

Fuck off OP, kill yourself.

Why? Because it's popular?

I was into the bourbon barrel meme for awhile and I've had enough to determine KBS really isn't that good

Last year's was pretty great. The thickness and richness of breakfast stout mixes extremely well with the bourbon. It's not the best bba beer I've had but it's certainly up there.
That being said I prefer to drink regular breakfast stout. It's just easier and not as draining on my wallet. If I want great barrel aged beer for a reasonable price I will get something from central waters. All their beer is pretty damn good

Treehouse is garbage. I am so tired of these meme New England breweries who get their reputation simply from bottlenecking the distribution which makes it impossible to get for anyone that doesn't live here. This results in some kind of exclusivity facade which gets compounded by BeerAdvocate neckbeard shills to create what people think is an esteemed brewery/beer but is actually highly overrated. The same applies for Alchemist. The same applies for Trillium although I think Trillium is better than all of the above

OP your haul is mediocre. I will give you credit for the KBS and the Alesmith. I'll give you a little credit for the Karmeliet although it's a bit of the cop out. The rest of your beers just reek of meme reddit picks predicated on whether or not the label has IPA written on it and how creative the art looks.

Anyways, I would like to take this moment to remind you all that the whole 'craft beer' scene is nothing short of a Soros funded operation to placate the masses and convert them to liberal numale traps. Just go look at who has the biggest stake in the Hops distributors, a proven compound with estrogenic properties. Real men drink Whiskey. If you're going to be beta and drink craft beer, just do us alpha males a favor and finish your transition so we have something to F*ck

>get a raise
>buy beer
Life was simple when I was 25

Is it cozy in there?

Because in non-flyover regions the beer tastes amazing, and nothing at all like bland cheerio water.

>Real men drink Whiskey.

if soros were half as brilliant and diabolical as you think he is, instead of just being rich old jew #758428532, you would already have a barcode on your fucking forehead by now you gigantic pussy you

I spy 805, cuck. Did you try waldos special this year?

>F*ck
this rustles me more than the entire baitpost

man that voodoo ranger is some of my favorite shit currently. The 8-hop ipa is my pick, but I've never had/seen the imperial ipa. how is it?

>treehouse is garbage
>bottlenecking distribution
you are retard. they are building a new production facility so they can distribute more. U must just be jelly that you have to suck some guy off on untapped just to get a sip. Also at least their beers are unique. I can't tell you how many shitty IPAs I've had that taste generic as fuck yet are still esteemed by craft beer snobs who love any overly hopped piss water. 9/10 IPAs are complete garbage that taste the same, but people still go crazy over them. That's not the case with treehouse. I'm not even into craft beer, I'd much rather drink Natty Ice or similar, but to say treehouse is garbage is laughable.

This is the average craft beer drinker.

Grow up.

nope this is the average ice beer, high grav 40, $12 handle drinker. only drink craft beer when a friend offers it to me and 9/10 it's a shitty IPA

Nice try kid. I live in Canton and have visited TH in Monson twice now. Their beer is hot garbage.

Like I said, they are overrated and I would gladly take Trillium or Alchemist over them any day of the week (both of which are also overrated).

My nigga.

Case of your favourite piss water.(Yuengling) Handle of you favourite fire water. (Jim Beam) anything beyond that and you're likely fucking up.

>the rest of your beers just reek of meme reddit picks predicated on whether or not the label has IPA written on it and how creative the art looks

>Orderville, Knee Deep, Voodoo Ranger, 120 minute, Alpha Centauri

Just because you haven't heard of any of these well known beers doesn't make them obscure. The Icelandic one is the only thing I've never had before.

>he knows about all these obscure beers and gets uppity about it.
*tips fedora*

I don't like hard liquor, or getting shitfaced. I'm also 140 pounds so 1-2 beers gets me where I'm trying to go.

>He doesn't know New Belgium beers

Is it even possible to be this flyover? Go drink your bud light and fuck your sister Cletus.

>check beers on beeradvocate
>all random 3 or low 4 ratings
>all no name liberal numale west coast breweries

Alpha Centauri is the only one of those I've tried. I usually find imperial/double IPAs to be too heavy, but that one is surprisingly drinkable. I know citrus pale ales are super trendy right now, but the Hop Valley Citrus Mistress is pretty damn good too.

>Goes to beeradvocate
>Accuses others of being cucked nu-male beer snobs

>4 packs
>all the same
>not getting variety packs to try shit out for less expensive
it's like you hate expanding your horizons

Just bought a six pack of a new beer from my town's brewery. Excited to try it.

>literally no info
post it fgt

crystallakebrew.com/

what kind of beer fgt

How's that shiny new chip in your debit card treating you?

>tfw from Vancouver, never buy beer from outside BC because the market is so swamped with high quality local brews

It's a mixed feel

I get that feel.
At this point, I'm basically operating under the assumption that I've tried so many beers that it's not worth it to try to go out and find a favorite. I'd rather just try a new beer and not worry about finding it or searching for it again. rather, just decide "I want an IPA today" and buy whatever micro brew is available that sells an IPA

those beer bottles look like those shitty "when he runs his fingers through your hair" images that people meme the fuck out of. still cool tho

I feel you there. I have two or three specific beers that I love, but it's rare for me to buy the same beer twice in a month.

Postmark is one of my favourite breweries. Their packaging is artistic, but professional and modern unlike a lot of beers that rely on dazzling colour and hipster themes, like advertising to kids.

>stout
>4.5%

this brewery is complete shit and every beer they have ever made is complete shit

I used to, but honestly I've given up. the type of beer matters way more than the exact beer. like with the IPA's, I used to love them and would buy packs that are 100% IPAs. Now there are days where I'd take a stout I never even tried before over my favorite IPA.
>tfw my tastes change so rapidly I don't even have a favorite style of beer anymore

The stout is the only thing they make that I don't like. It's so strange, and a complete outlier.

I think the main reason I like those beers so much is that they only make a few small batches a year. I get you with the specific types though, I tend to gravitate towards fruity sours, but even then my tastes are all over the mal even within the day I buy the beer.

>I tend to gravitate towards fruity sours
I literally cannot find a sour anywhere near me. went to a microbrewery in Nashville and they told me sours are getting popular again, but I can't find sours anywhere.
I had one I bought on a lark and it was good, like a mix between a pale ale and a cider

also this is totally not part of anything but I'm in a graduate class rn and this chick presenting is doing an xbone presentation, and in 3 minutes has bitched about her husband playing video games about 10 times

non-flyover? which one?

>can't even say why TH is garbage
>says he visited twice
So you got shut out of cans and growlers, got buttmad about it, and decided they're garbage?

Is there a "best beer" to drink that is low on calories but isnt awful? I genuinely dont know.

Seems most lite beers either taste like shit, dont have enough alcohol in them to be worth drinking anyway, or are still pretty cal/carb heavy.

I guess its oxymoronic to want a low cal beer, but I just want a drink to drink that wont kill me if Im near my 2000limit.

>best beer
well that's just totally subj-
>low cal
there are none. maybe mich ultra

It seems like all the lowest cal beers, Miller64, MichUltra, etc, have barely enough alcohol in them to get a baby drunk.

Id have to drink like 8 or more micultra's to feel anything.

Should I just say fuck it and get the regular shit?

switch to liquor if you want bang for your buck.
the best low-cal drink I have is club soda + good liquor + a citrus juice like lime or lemon
good booze means you don't have to mask it's flavor with sweet mixers

Beer noob here.
I paired this all wrong.

I like your mug

>pairing a blue moon with anything
yeah

no bully pls

forgot pic

people buy beer and then don't drink it?

yes, i've had so many types of beers that i started collecting them because i literally cant drink that much booze at once

You have no one to share them with? You know beer goes bad after a while, right?

Thanks. I scour goodwills, flea markets, and antique shops for mugs and cups
>tfw have ~20 cups all with tacky shit all over them
I'm not really a fan of the blue moon. I'm new to 21 and my friend said to try it so I did. Luckily it was just in a make your own 6 pack

I mean, i have people to share them with, but most of the time faggots want to just get drunk and can't appreciate the flavor of a fine ale or cant even drink stouts 'cause they are "too strong", also i get them beers in 6 or 12 packs so for each of them i already drank at least 5 more.

what are really tasty beers? preferrably higher than 6% ABV. And for refernece I tried Sculpin and hated it so probably not a fan of those intense IPAs

How the fuck did they still have KBS on the shelf?

Alcohol is straight up empty calories, and there's no way around that.

The alcohol in beer comes from fermented malted grains (mostly barley), and the more grains they use, the more fermentable sugars there are going to be, which means that a lower ABV beer is going to tend to have less calories, but also less flavor.

If you want to drink well but still watch your calories the only option is to drink in moderation. All so-called "lite" beers are utter shit, and only make you drink more of them to get the same effect without the good taste of real beer.

Just find something you like and only drink as much as your diet allows. Quality over quantity.

Whats with people trying to force the flyover meme into beer threads the last week or so? It makes literally no sense to bring up in a beer thread when the vast majority of good beer is from these areas
New York and LA are way the fuck behind the curve when it comes to beer

>set up a dedicated beer display shelf
>buy 80% garbage tier swill that everyone walks by in their corner grocery store every other week

120 _and_ KBS? Where do you live and shop?

this was for try duvels,they are 8,5%, i recommend getting one and waiting at least 2 months to let it ferment so the beer aquires a richer, softer taste while keeping it's high alcoholic value given the fact that the beer is prepared to get a bit more fermented while on the bottle, you may notice some stuff on the bottom of said bottle but don't worry, that gives the beer body, drink on a beer glass, it's gold.

Considering that New Belgium is a flyover beer, it's obviously a butthurt flyover trying to make "flyover" into a meaningless term like "cuck"

Today's mix pack.

that's because i mainly collect bottles of alcohol, that isn't even a 10th of my collection user and i have another shelf of beers, im just getting started with beer collecting

I can get both from my local liquor store. Maryland here.

The 120m IPA is also available on tap nearby.

There's a huge variety of beer available where I am, but most people here aren't really knowledgeable, or aware when something is a really good limited release unless it's some local IPA.

>new york and la

The best beer in the country comes from California (SD and NorCal), PNW, and New England.

>longboard
>wild blue
patrician taste

>Great Lakes

Where you at? Cincinnatibro here.
Tonight I've had a Trotwood lager, Elysian Dayglow IPA and a couple Ballast Point Unfiltered Sculpin.

Fuck Ballast Point.

Fucking this

Anyone who thinks the best beer in the country comes from California doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about (San Diego can't pull them out of the giant gutter that is LA). The best beer is from inland New England and the upper midwest/Colorado. The PNW is the early adopter, was the leader in the 90s, is just fine now

New York and LA are the primary non-flyover places and both are well below average for beer

>120m IPA is also available on tap nearby.
Literally never had it on tap anywhere outside of Rehoboth Beach. You lucky sonnofabitch.

Surely high school kids drink way more liquor than adults

Toledo for school and more central Ohio normally.
I've taken to liking the hibiscus lager quite a bit. Shame it's seasonal so now I'm seeing what other great lakes flavors I'll like.

I'm more confused at, why do people buy and collect a perishable good?

Ohio is making some amazing beer right now.

Hoof Hearted, Fat Head, Jackie O's, Warped Wing, Madtree, there are so many great breweries in this state.

But isn't beer the one thing that flyovers roflstomp the rest of the US at?

why not? people perish too, i don't care what happens after im dead so fuck it

>new to 21
how in the hell are you that far behind the curve. I was drinking craft since like 18 homie
>make your own 6 pack
honestly, these are kind of a waste. 12 packs are way cheaper and you can get solid beers out of a variety pack for way cheaper. you just payed way more money than anybody ever should for a blue moon

not really, but I haven't heard much about it. the whole country is producing god tier beer. we're basically in the dead center of the greatest time and place in the history of ever for craft beer.

notice eurofags never post in these threads? its because their craft beer is piss. Went there for a month and a half and sampled every beer I could. I even like their whole "flat beer" thing and a British pint of Guinness is fucking bomb, but 9 out of 10 beers I had were just objectively worse and like 2% less alcohol content across the board

its $10 for the make your own desu. Not that bad.
And I like being able to try a wide variety of stuff to narrow down my personal tastes.
Ive found I dont like IPAs at all.
Also i've just stayed away from alcohol in general.

Flyover is particularly great when it comes to beer. Even a coastie biased website like Beer Advocate is dominated by midwestern beer

Any northern part of the country is amazing at beer though whether it is New England, the Great Lakes or the Northwest. Each of those three regions alone beats the entirety of Europe

Its insane how little alcohol the beer in England has. Some guys running a craft beer shop told me it was because of laws that taxed higher ABV stuff more

Northern California. Mostly shop at Bevmo and Total Wines and more; these all came from Bevmo, though even my regular grocery store had both 120 and KBS, just for more money.

or 15 dollars for 12 beers, usually 4 to 6 separate beers. for somebody that just likes beer in general its great because not only do you get to try shit, but you get to have it again later.
although if you don't like IPAs, I get it. you've been painted into a corner by the meme beer and I feel for you
I live in upstate NY and everything is bomb here. why is that? just good wheat and hops in the climate?
that explains why liquor prices were all over the fucking map. what a shitty law