ITT: Sum what the current novel you are writing is about

a day in god's life

The glory of the scent of a hot girl's butthole

It is not about C-list youtube stars

Why do people, even on this board, act like novels are the only form of literature? Really gets me rustled desu

What if Jesus came back as a dog?

what in my thread implies that?

but anyways, since you brought the subject, i prefer literature with narrative, and i enjoy longer narratives. Thats why i tend to ignore poetry and short stories. Another thing: every fucking writer writes poetry. Im sick of it. Mostly because almost always its shitty poetry.

Plays are alright i guess, but for me novels are the most enjoyable.

>what in my thread implies that
>"ITT: Sum what the current novel you are writing is about"
Really made me think
>i prefer literature with narrative, and i enjoy longer narratives. Thats why i tend to ignore poetry and short stories
Yet you're still forgetting novellas and epic poetry.
Also, before you go shitting on poetry, maybe you should stop reading shit poetry?

The fact that i made a thread about novels doesnt mean i consider novels the only form of literature. By that logic, every "poetry critique thread" considers poetry the only form of literature.

As for the rest, i consider novellas or whatever you call it as novels, i know there are differences but for me they dont really matter. I consider epic poetry the best literary genre if they are done well, or at least the most difficult to pull.

I dont shit in poetry, i said i prefer novels. Im really sorry (aka i dont give a shit) if you dont like that. What i said is that im tired of writers writing poetry, especially because in most cases is shit. That doesnt mean there isnt good poetry out there. You make too many stupid assumptions.

But why would you just limit the thread to novels (which doesn't include novellas - no matter what you say)? It's not just you though, it happens all the time, that people speak as if novels were the only form of literature.

the novellas thing was my mistake, i admit it

i limited the thread because, as i said, i prefer novels, there is not much more to say about it.

post if real

Man finds girlfriend hung in his bedroom, and returns to where they met in Varanasi, to come to terms with her death. Has this unfounded paranoia that there must have been some grand consipriacy behind her death, starts following up clues that aren't there. Ends on the ganjes banks, smoking post-holi under a full moon with a Morrocan busker, some petty criminals, a saddhu and an elderly lecturer who explains his life philosophy and the resolution to the protagonists suicide in a deeply religious manner.

what the fuck is the matter with you

shut the fuck up

fuck off from this thread

A couple of hedonistic serial killers are invited to the mansion of a beautiful, distinguished noblewoman and asked to find her lost baby in there. Meanwhile outside something called the Silence its approaching.

Its a total mindfuck but okay.

Animals of Farthing Wood meets Goodbye Lenin

In 1800's England an aristocratic incestuous couple, a doctor, an Indian, an Irish constable, and a German couple with their infant son investigate one another barricaded in a hospital waiting room to see if their infected with a highly contagious mind controlling parasyte--all the while outside the room the original horror, a parasitically infested dead man, lurks waiting to feast on the meals alluding him

Sorry, *they're. Typing with 1 hand

Tanks are sexy anime girls. Historical fiction about tanks from the twentieth century mixed with too many sex scenes.

I'm reworking/finishing 120 Days of Sodom.

It's a play, but:

Man brings his fiancee home to meet the family. They don't like her. Man gets mad. Drunk sister reveals he's the child of incest between his eldest sister and their father. Sadness ensues.

An incredibly sexed up account of my year living in Estonia.

purest ideology

Hope

The pathetic visionary, hopeful and positive attitudes of man and how they all build to a folly.

I have three I've been working at, on/off over the years.

>Assyrian refugee tries to reconcile living in a first-world country with the horrors his family experienced in Iraq
>troubled youth, expelled for weed + alcohol
>attempts to channel his moral restlessness into social good works
>plans a road trip to volunteer to clean up the Rena oil spill

>kid's parents go on a holiday, leaving him alone
>bored with suburbs, takes train to the city each day
>makes a friend at the station
>they explore Wellington city together
>city is a fantastical place whose layout changes everyday, populated by animals, people, monsters
>pursued by a menacing man in grey overalls
>after an argument his friend storms off; fearing the guy in grey overalls has kidnapped her, the boy teams up with a homeless skeleton to find her

>guy fails his way through his freshman year
>repeated failures at learning to program, nofap, trying to exercise, etc.
>depression spirals into anger, plans a school shooting
>come the day, someone else is embarking on a school shooting
>shoots the other guy dead, unexpectedly becomes a hero
>leverages his new-found fame to get laid and turn his life around, no-one ever finds out

my own selfish misery

Statues, statues, STATUES!
Also pedophilia

>>Assyrian refugee tries to reconcile living in a first-world country with the horrors his family experienced in Iraq
>>troubled youth, expelled for weed + alcohol
>>attempts to channel his moral restlessness into social good works
>>plans a road trip to volunteer to clean up the Rena oil spill
Is this award bait? Sounds boring af.

Hope, death, a search for authenticity, and art in between it all.

Hilarity ensues.

>Is this award bait? Sounds boring af.

In 2012 I wrote a complete first version but hated it so much that I deleted ti--essentially because it was boring, and nothing was happening between the key scenes. I'm rewriting it with some more fleshed-out side-characters who pull on MC and plot points involving MC trying to quit smoking and religion. It's a conventional, ultimately upbeat story about finding personal salvation through good works.

It's an epic mashup of 80s culture, spaghetti westerns, space, medieval fantasy and romance, all rolled into one! Without giving too much of it away, think Iain M. Banks' culture series mixed with the works of Shakespeare, with a dash of Bladerunner.

Nazis continue the war after Hitlers Death.

In our modern society, everyone would consider him an Idiot

And die in retreat.

Or does the Red Skull take command and lead them all to safety in a parallel dimension, giving them enough time to invent badass weapons for the reconquest of Earth?

An introverted millennial turns into a sociopathic killer at the hands of two women.

A surreal parallel journey to find the world's funniest man and world's most beautiful woman

It's the plot of Lolita.

Sexy adventures of a bisexual knight.

Right now I'm working on a story about a handicapped teenage girl and her surreal adventures. Like helping her friend get rid of a stalker that may not actually exist. Or her relationship with an artist dying of cancer just to name a few. All the while she's being haunted by visions of her dead boyfriend and a black dog that she's convinced is trying to drag her to hell. Don't know where it's gonna take place yet but I'm thinking somewhere in modern UK.

Superpowered people. Kinda. It's more about unrequited love, addiction, and depression though.

Precognition in dreams and life after death.

Girl runs away from home and ends up getting involved with and recruited by a crime syndicate by accident.

Writings of an 18th century NEET.