Can someone teach me how to prepare good rice? I always fuck it up, ALWAYS...

can someone teach me how to prepare good rice? I always fuck it up, ALWAYS. I want that good rice you get in asian restaurants.

Other urls found in this thread:

masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Articles/CookingRiceOnTheStove.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get a rice cooker, a good one

Restaurant rice is steamed rather than boiled.

zojirushi costs some money, but delivers perfect rice every time

2:1 water:rice, boil the rice for 1 minute before stirring, covering, and setting to low. Cover and wait ~20 minutes. Dont open the pot unless it is done.

sauce pan
boiling water
rice
cumin
sriracha
honey
thank me later

this but also wash the rice and soak it for a half hour

japanese short grain rice
rinse the rice a couple times
1:1 ratio, kinda, just a little bit of extra water
bring to a boil, uncovered
as soon as it's boiling change to a cold stove spot
heat on the lowest possible setting
cover the pan with a thin towel, then a thigh fitting lid
let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, depends on how low can your stove can actually go
turn off the heat
wait 10 minutes

done, perfect fuffly, sticky rice every time

No matter what you do, a rice cooker will always out perform a stove, unless you get one of those shitty pot lid rice cookers

Hamilton Beach, it's the Logitech of kitchen appliances

I don't know if this is serious or not

I've made it this way for years. Perfect every time.

masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Articles/CookingRiceOnTheStove.html

/thread

>sriracha
It's not.

what does the soaking of the rice do exactly?

Don't put the rice in until the water is boiling already.

Cover, and cook for just shy of 8 minutes, or until however long. Never more than 10 minutes probably.

Couldn't give you any water measurements, I just follow the marks left on my saucepan. (Yes I clean the pans!) But I never allow the water to cook away, if that helps.

Once it's cooked, drain, cover and leave to steam for a further 3-4 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

I found that washing it before helps a lot to stop it from sticking to the pot too much.
Other than that, I always forget how to do it, and look at the instructions on the bag.
Pasta is superior.

Wash the rice at least 3 times. 2:1 cold water to rice. Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low until all the water is absorbed (don't remove the cover, you'll hear a hissing sound when there's no water). Remove from heat and let it sit still covered for couple minutes. Done.

I find that the length of cooking changes from one type of rice to another so I just measure how much time it takes for particular kind of rice the first time I cook it. Then I don't have to listen for when it's done, I can just time it.

This pretty much exactly, but I've never soaked it myself.

I have benn looking for this for a very long time and recently found out the best recepie yet:
-wash your rice under water thoroughly
- soak it in clean water for at least 20 mins (it ha to turn completely white
-boil some water (1 cup of water for one cup of rice) then add rice
-cook veeeery slowly in closed pot (do not open!) for about 20 mins untlill water evaporates (usually takes less)
-when its done stir it a little and close a lid for 10 mins to let it sit
-now you have perfect rice to eat with chpsticks

oh and do not salt the water! it is supposed to be a contrast for the rest of the meal

I heard most American restaurants boil the rice like spaghetti noodles and drain it, but Chinese, have you got a rice cooker? they work great and are cheap. Or 2 cups water, 1 cup rice, boil, reduce heat, stir, cover, leave for 20 minutes. remove from heat , fluff after 5 minutes.