What are some cool state fair foods?

What are some cool state fair foods?

Pic related fried butter, yum

What will they think of next.

diabetes and overweight recovery probably

dietary cholesterol has no effect on serum cholesterol, it's all 90s garbage!!!!

saturated fat is very healthy too! especially from butter and bacon!!!

the protein quality in eggs is great!!!

carbs are bad!!

I tried fried oreos once.

I was angry at how good they were. Why the fuck is something as nasty as "fried oreos" allowed to be fucking good?

>fried butter

do americans really

I cant tell if you're shitposting because half of these are true

same but chicken instead of batter
or wait

pop tart with fruity pebbles

salsa mixed with masa

of course i'm not, i'm a ketogenic genius after all!!!!

big pharma and sugar are hand in hand after all!

the earth is VERY flat!

No, it is just the dumb flyover hicks.

Why exactly are the fairs travelling to Hicksville when the niggers and spics will give them exactly 100% of their wellfare money in Miami?

deep fried klondike bar

thanks for clearing that up

Best thing I've had at a Texas fair was smoked chopped BBQ brisket stuffed into big jalapenos, battered, deep fried, and served with a cup of top notch chili con queso for dipping.

Always disappointing. But I still get one every time because they look and smell amazing and I'm a dumbass. I guess I'm hoping one day they'll be good.

Probably because they deal with the FDA less.

Why do you think smithfield, perdue, and tyson all use them as subcontractors. Fucking sub humans.

They would be so much better if they were brined first but they don't have to because of you people

these fried food always seem disgusting because of how unhealthy they are, but you know that they will taste great.

fried butter sounds like it would be fucking disgusting in every way.

Fried pickles, bratwurst, sausages, fried oreos, blooming onions, scrapple.

I love the basic state fair corn dog, the ones that're the size of an ear of corn, just out of the fryer. Love me some elephant ears as well. Learned after a night of drinking and fairgoing that the ears are just as tasty coming up as they are going down, but not recommended.

I made some once too. The texture of the oreos on the inside is really the best part. That soft, kind of melty chocolatey flavor is pretty good. It's too much of a pain for me to fry stuff at home so it's not something I plan to do again but it was actually pretty good. I'm sure a fried candy bar is probably good on a similar basis.

That sounds pretty damn good actually

Fried bubblegum

>Fairs

Are these really a thing in America? Will a fair just like roll into town with rides and all stands and games and shit?

That seems so bizzare to me. It sounds like a 1950's propaganda ad.

They are a pretty big deal when you get to small towns, cities and areas even the majority of other flyovers make fun of. They do have the benefit of forcing the 250 lb white trash and nignogs to actually walk around a bit for an hour or two which is the only exercise they get all year.

I went to the Big E a couple years ago and the food was pretty awesome. Along with all the normal state fair food they had little buildings for each state that had foods that they're known for.

Pic related is smoked salmon on a stick from the Maine building.

we also have LARPing fairs where you pretend you're in time periods you aren't

i believe the local parlance is 'renaissance fair'

America was a mistake.

Just like u

Yes, we have the state and county fairs that tend to focus on agriculture. Then we have other kinds of fairs and festivals around the year where they bring in carnival rides and food vendors. They are pretty fun desu

It's some fun times.
There's usually a band, highschool if you're unlucky, likely a Country group, Elvis impersonator if you're lucky, midget Elvis impersonator trio if you hit the goddamned jackpot.
You get to check out the exhibitions to see The Best In Show categories for farm animals and plants, from prize winning pigs to pumpkins that fill a truck bed to horses that know more math than your little brother.
Lately you can try the "craft" and "local" foods and drinks the area the fair is held in is "known" for. Locally made root beers and sarsaparillas served in a giant commemorative tin mug you get to keep, and after buying the initial mug refills are just $1. Meat on a stick, either grilled or dunked in sweetened cornmeal batter and deep fried. Little old ladies in the Rotary Auxiliary selling homemade pies and crumbles. Cotton Candy made and served by a guy who looks like the surly ex-con uncle of Snake Pliskin and is likely half of that.
Games like the Dunk Tank, were you throw softballs at a target that when hit hard enough will drop a guy from a height into cold water while the entire time he taunts you and calls you a noodle armed sissy who throws like a left-handed little girl. Dart games where you pop balloons for stuffed toys. Cork guns where you try to knock prizes off a shelf. Ring toss games, string-pulls, silent auctions, pull-tab lotteries, I've even seen one with electronic minigolf, where a machine distorts the playing surface between swings.
It's not a bad way to kill off a weekend.