Can anyone recommend a book with poems? Preferably an anthology of sorts

Can anyone recommend a book with poems? Preferably an anthology of sorts.

I've only really ever read edgar alan poe and some of shakespeare's sonnets, so I really know nothing about poetry.

Other urls found in this thread:

jmp.sh/v/nzn2k0rQfqDNGIa9A5zd
bartleby.com/verse/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

psalms

I asked for an anthology because I'd prefer variety. I'd also like to keep my reading secular.

I am not memeing when I say you are a complete fucking idiot.

Read the Psalms. Jack Gilbert's The Great Fires is not as nice, but is still ace.

You recommend me the psalms but don't say why. You call me an idiot but don't elaborate. Is it because of the way I phrased the original post you seemed to feel there was an opportunistic moment to call me an idiot? Cause good job bucko, you got me; I don't know anything about poetry. You're a mad genius for being able to derive that from my posts.

Or are you calling me an idiot because the psalms have a lot of variety? Are you calling me an idiot because it was written by a lot of people? If so then you misinterpreted what I meant when I used the word variety. Oh but you chose to believe I fall in line with some category of people you don't like to fit your personal narrative.

I was asking for poetry that I probably hadn't have heard of, preferably an anthology with lots of authors. I want to be able to relate to these people in a contemporary real sense like I do when I read Proust. I don't give a fuck about the various kikes who put the psalms together thousands of years ago. Not right now anyway.

So if you're too retarded and not well read enough to be able to recommend me anything other than your kike book, then go peddle elsewhere you fucking jew.

Hell is not empty, friend.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, chum.

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
f I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

>being this assblasted

Just buy the Norton Anthology of Poetry. It's even in fucking libgrn for you to download as a PDF. Now go read and chill.

Pick up a collection of Robert Frost's work. It's basically babby's first dive into American poetry. He's got some very comfy stuff that's perfect for wintertime.

>I don't give a fuck about the various kikes who put the psalms together thousands of years ago.
>I want to be able to relate to these people in a contemporary real sense
It's amazing how spot on this guy was
and you hadn't even made this post.

oh my god this guy was here a few days ago, with the same autistic outburst, arguing each meme until he reached meaninglessness

Temple OS is the future.

jmp.sh/v/nzn2k0rQfqDNGIa9A5zd or bartleby.com/verse/

>kikes
And I was about to help you, OP. Shame.

Autism

Epic poetry > short poems
Read homer

no Veeky Forums on it tho

i preferred Ra Ra Rasputin really

Daddy Cool was pretty good too

nyrb renaissance poetry edited by john williams

LOL

end yourself

if this is baits, it's fucking art

Anyways, texts dont have attributes. they're just texts. texts are neither secular, nor religious, nor vegatarian, nor are they red-haired. These are all a-posteriori judgments on the part of the reader, and have nothing essential to do with the text

read psalms, they're good