Oats and blood

What does Veeky Forums think of black pudding?

Delicious.

I loved blood sausage back in the days.

Do Europeans really eat this shit?

Insufficient lard for Amerifat consumption.

Pretty much every country has a form of blood sausage.

Probably when they were starving. Seems like mostly a curiosity now.

It's really good usually. Sometimes the oats have a really weird and unappealing texture though.

I like it, but like white pudding even more.

pretty tasty but can't imagine eating it outside of a big greasy fryup breakfast

It's unironically one of my favorite foods. When I learned how to cook with blood, it was like several new doors opened. Wish this was more of a thing in the US.

Never tried that but glad for the fans.
It sounds too yucky to jack up prices. Apple(tm)-tier hipsters are weak.
I mean, muh cow tongues fucking doubled in price nearly overnight.

What the fuck are you on about?

ox tails is another fine example

So is oxtail.

i love a good white pudding, especially if its really well spiced, but having one and not the other, its not right, its like chips without ketchup, or a rasher sandwich without brown sauce

>rasher sandwich
What country are you from?

it has its place sometimes, if you have a load of leftover potatoes and veg, throw them all in a pot with some cream and some chopped up black pudding, serve with a fried egg. adds huge amounts of flavour for low cost

>rasher sandwich
wtf are you on about?

Bogtrotter detected.

brown sauce is pretty specific to one country (ireland), elsewhere it gets better branding, like YR sauce or HP sauce

ara fuck off ya west brit ya

Love it. Remove skin, cut into slices, flower and panfry till deliciously cripsy outside and soft inside.

Never had a bacon sandwich before, user? A rasher is a piece of bacon.

>rasher

Sorry, I don't speak wet nurse babbling to a 2 year old style English.

gross, what is it

Where do you think your language came from? Typical self-important yank.

seriously, what is this blood shit

It's not about where it came from but where it goes. And just like your cooking your dialect goes in the trash.

Every country with history, it's why Ameriblobs are so averse to it.

It's sausage made with pig's blood, oats, fat, and spices. And it's fucking delicious.

Ameritard here. It's made in the US too. There's a strong tradition of it in the south and also in Louisiana.

Delicious.

It complements everything in a full English breakfast

Good black pudding should actually have a fair amount of pork fat in it.

Pork belly (or cheeks), apple & black pudding.
Scallops & black pudding.
Rocket (arugula), black pudding & quails egg.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about them...

>dialect
You just used English dialect in that statement you moron.

I ate it on a business trip where some local brits took me for breakfast to a place that they said was really good. It was really good. However, when I ate blood sausage in korea it tasted like dry sawdust flavored with iron.

Yeah but the south is different to the rest. You seem to actually have culture.

Insufficient for Lardistaniis.

nah, americans dont like it because its strongly flavoured but not a sauce, they only like strongly flavoured stuff if its a sauce, everything else is just plain meat or carbs

Christians were directly commanded not to eat blood. Eating blood was as serious a sin as fornication.
Whay's wrong with you heathens?
(Acts 15:27-29) .... 28For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

the bible says a lot of things, it was pretty important to an agrarian society in the middle east, before people knew about bacteria and how to combat food borne illnesses. its a little outdated now though

I AM AN AMERICAN
HOW DO I GET ONE OF THESE SCRUMPTIOUS LOOKING THINGS?

Enjoyed these quite a bit when I was in Taiwan

Will probably have to make your own, but blood's perfectly obtainable from any butcher if your grocery store doesn't have it and there are plenty of recipes online.

What kind of flowers? Like daisies or pansies? Roses perhaps?

local cafe gives you the option of tomato or black pudding.
Black pudding everytime.

>brown sauce is pretty specific to one country (ireland)

i thought it was bongistan?

Inferior to Icelandic Slátur

>Not using sheep fat for superior flavor

britbong plebians

what the FUCK !

other countries are absolutely disgusting how the fuck can you """people""" eat this shit

no, baka
Its common food. Ate it often in school and at home and still eat it

The fires of hell are outdated now?

scallops and black pudding. babby's second dinner party starter after goat cheese and walnut salad.

That's brilliant.

UK has their brown sauces branded better than just brown sauce, like HP sauce

I never really liked it, but my brother does.

It's one of those pre-industrial dishes that few people eat these days, because people can afford to eat normal meat every day and there's little reason to go for it now unless you're part of the minority that actually likes the stuff.

If you can find an online store that specializes in Scandinavian foodstuffs, an item called "Blodpudding" is relatively close.

Or go visit Louisiana.

>normal meat
Like what? Fucking chicken breasts and ground beef? In most cases I'd rather have no meat than eat that shit.

Steak, fillets, sausage, meatballs, bacon, ground (beef, pork or chicken), fish, etc.

If you're eating sausage I don't see why you'd be prejudiced against blood. Ok to eat meat scraps and fat jammed into the intestine, but blood is a no go?

>When I learned how to cook with blood, it was like several new doors opened.

You don't happen to own a pizza place do you?

I (and many others) don't think it tastes even close to as good.

Black and white puddings are for sassenachs and plebs.

Red pudding is the patricians choice.

You've never had good morcilla then. That shit is delicious.

That's total rubbish. Like a hipster version of surf & turf. Yuck.

Not bad. It's taste is too rich/spiced for me usually.

a scot talking about pudding and doesnt mention the king o' the puddin' race? disgraceful

American here, blood sausage is absolutely god tier.

When I was in Spain my host mom cooked me morcilla made at her family's farm served with homemade apple compote...sounds weird but it was amazing. And when she knew that I loved the stuff whenever she made stew (usually some garbanzo or white beans with potatoes, onions, garlic, etc. with a shitton of pork parts) she'd throw in a big hunk of morcilla just for me. Insanely good.

Also if you haven't had it, try sundae, the Korean blood sausage. The filling is glass noodles and it gives it a pretty interesting texture. Delicious.

People need to get over the blood thing. It barely even tastes like blood and besides, blood is delicious.

Wow, you were quite lucky to have that experience. Having travelled a bit, I'm always amazed at the level of attention foreigners, east and west, go to in terms of ensuring your enjoyment and comfort if you show the least bit of interest in the culture off the tourist path. I've never seen americans go to these kinds of levels for visitors. Makes me sad, really.

>Retardation is pretty specific to one country (ireland).

It's called brown unless you live in an advert.

Anyone who eats rotting sharks as a national dish is in no position to talk about flavour.

What horse shit falls from your mouth.

>Saying "sausage" instead of sausages
>Saying "ground" instead of minced

Get fucked, you fat yank twat.

>lifrarpylsa og blóðmör
Minn maður
>Hating on hákarl

it's a bot

I get it from time to time.

Slice off quarter of the ring
Slice and peel off skin
Cut into four equal chunks
Place on edge of plate (Important!)
Nuke for 1.5mins
Carefully spread 2 chunks per slice of buttered toast.

Goes great with kokt rodkal

really disappointing when I went to seoul. barely tastes of anything.

Black sausage? Black sausage.

Charles MacLeod black pudding might be the nicest thing in the whole world.

>the U.S. has no culture
>except for the parts that have culture

Want to try black pudding

Do the oats give it a crunch, or is it soft by the time it's fully cooked?

O B S E S S E D

It gets soft when they make it. Oats are a common traditional filler in meat products

O B E S E

God-tier.

It's a great option for lunch.

the oats are soft but when its fried, the edges get nice and crispy
for mass produced, id say clonakilty is the best, otherwise, i just go for whatever the butcher has

In Denmark we eat it as a dessert, with syrup or sugar on it. We also fry it hard and crispy, the shit ive had in Britland was soft and salty, eurch.

I said history, you cock.

No. Its shit like any other blood based sausage. I live in the Azores and its popular here because its traditional. Youre in the minority pal, admit it and eat your blood and shut the fuck up about it.