ZARATHUSTRA

I'm halfway through. Anyone got anything to say about this?

the ass festival

The staple of every pretentious young middle-class twat.

>t. pretentious young middle class twat with EBIN PINK HAIR I'M REALLY GAY MOM IT'S NOT A PHRASE I'M BASICALLY A BLACK PERSON IN THE 50S AND A SURF in the 1550s SO CHECK UR PRIVILEGE SHITLORD

This meme needs to end. I haven't even read the book and this "Nietzsche is for edgy teens" shit gets on my fucking nerves. I have literally N E V E R met a teenager who read TSZ. I know maybe one kid from my college who has. I would actually love it if this book had even a fraction of the popularIty around my high school that hunger games did. And again, I didn't even read the thing. It could be shit. But at least it's written for adults ffs.

That's because you never leave your house, user.
:^)

Fucking hell I gotta stop getting baited this bad

Well O K.

So far all I can tell, it's a riddle.

lmao

My poor, sheltered child

Speaking of edgy teenagers, I read this in high school when I WAS an edgy teenager. I smoked a cartoonishly huge blunt to the face and read this. The German madman scrambled my neural circuits. He packed so much truth into such a small space that my head was literally spinning like a top. My head was spinning like a top, literally. I smoked a blunt to the face and reaD thus spake zarathustra by nietzsche and it changed my views of things my head was spinning like a god damn top, literally. Changed my views forever. Germany.

Nietzsche was a very sad, very lonely man who said a whole load of absolute nonsense shit that can be very powerful to the individual but is absolutely, totally abused by "nihilist" privileged kids that get a little sad sometimes and need an excuse to detach themselves from the world they live in.

Nietzsche writes as if he were the most woke, powerful writer of his time and admittedly in context his writings were a fucking bombshell. But you need to turn his own philosophy - especially that in Beyond Good and Evil - on himself, and recognise that he is a hateful dickhead who cannot string together a sentence with substance for the life of him.
His politics is trash, his philosophy is nonsense garbage for the most part, and his rhetoric is condescending and annoying;
bare all of that in mind and you may take something very personal and powerful from him like I did. Please never post a quote of his on Facebook.

>Nietschze

His philosophy his laughable, his point of view is despicable, his selfishness is obvious.

Grow up.

it's very similar with Zhuāngzi philosophy books
both of them want to destroy old believes in their society
both come from different age and different culture

In my opinion, it's his worst work. It's just an overwrought and belaboured display of German profundity. For all of his perspicuousness and great sense of humour, I really don't understand why he sought to mystify himself through prophetic parables and dodgy diction. It's a terrible, sloppy mess which is totally unworthy of him. All it shows is that an author's judgement is not sovereign in relation to his work and even the best could do with some editorial guidance.

thoughtful criticism? intelligence? something that makes you think?

on my Veeky Forums?

what's become of this place?

Meaningless garbage critique that doesn't engage with the work at all. Literally
>Ahh, Nietzsche's new work.. Indeed, indeed, quite erudite, but I found it.. rather tiresome!
affected bourgeois dinner conversation: the post.

Never read philosophy again. You are demoted to being an honorary woman.

zarathustra is a culmination, not a stand alone text

...Fez?

>thoughtful

I think you mean verbose.

Purple as fuck.

nope, sorry to disappoint

You idolaters are angered because we don't worship the same idols. This is a very common symptom of the religious neurosis. My opinion is the same as Walter Kaufmann and I am very happy to find myself in such good company.

>The staple response to Nietzsche of every pretentious young middle-class twat

>Kaufmann
>Good company

This is the same guy who takes PRIDE in the fact that Nietzsche offends his liberal sensitivities. He makes a point of saying so in his introduction to the Portable Nietzsche.

i really enjoyed it
the last quarter had a couple weird parts that confused me as to why he acted the way he did at first ie when he beats up that guy cause he got spooked and shits

>Oh shit, people actually pressed me to justify my claim. Better defer to ad hominems and appeal to authority.

>appeal to authority

Eunuch detected

Jesus was black.

bait? im the middle guy you quoted and im not angered in the slightest. i use to hate nietzsche but ive grown more fond of him over time

This.

Too bad that's a picture of Durer and not Jesus.

I'm shitposting instead of writing because I am stuck. How are you? Durer was actually a Nubian prince. We wuz kangz etc etc

I didn't make any hypothetical claims, brother. All I said was I didn't think Thus Spoke Zarathustra was Nietzsche's best work and that, therefore, I don't see why it possessed the renown it does as the definitive statement of his philosophy. I said it was a mystification, in the same was as Nietzsche himself said Spinoza's geometric stylisation was also a mystification. You accuse me of ad hominem attacks when you reproached me for MY OWN OPINION; and then, you tell me to justify my claim (when I didn't make any!) but without appealing to any authority, that is, without making a citation, as is standard academic procedure (so I gratuitously cited Kaufmann the venerable for your pleasure). When you're demanding that somebody puts their opinions into a form that is falsifiable you've become unreasonable under the pretext of seeming reasonable.

AAAAAND WE HAVE FULL MELTDOWN!

That's a wrap, people!

My apologies, brother. Don't get me wrong, I love Nietzsche, but Zarathustra is stylistically repulsive.

Stop reading it, It's a meme. Read The Genealogy of Morals and then stop reading Nietzsche altogether because the rest of his books are just the same shit as this book with different writing styles.

dis is me but i mostly agree with this

Mercy on the poor souls that read the Genealogy and treat it as an actual Genealogy.