Book format question

Hello all. I'm new to writing a book.
I'm writing a novel that's in script format right now only because it's more of a layout. then I'll try and novel format it.

My question is. I have this habit of using blank lines between all paragraphs I write. It came from high school when they talk about over spacing everything.. Is that accepted in the book world or should I do paragraph, enter, paragraph..

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx2150stVR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

god I love home improvement

mostly cus my name is tim but it was genuinely really funny up there with frasier

nobody cares

fuck you

no joke i had really strained relations with my dad as a kid and eventually he left the picture altogether, and the new guy my mom started dating didn't like me very much and i felt really lonely, so i watched home improvement religiously when i was like 8-12 years old and tim allen kind of grafted onto my brain as the ideal dad

i still feel weird seeing him in interviews because there's some part of me that's like "dad?"

I had an okay relationship with my dad and visited him on the weekends, but I watched Home Improvement for the same reason as you. I really wanted a dad who could teach me cool guy stuff about tools, making shit with your hands, and cars, and in Tim the Toolman I found a kind of surrogate tv father.

the 90s were the last age when our youth could be innocent. What do kids do today, look up to Caitlyn Jenner?

>ywn help your dad finish the studebaker

Just by reading your post I can tell you that the formatting of your manuscript is not going to be your major issue. Work on your writing.

They watch "Glee" and jam things up each other's assholes.

my half sister did the same (her father moves to another country), but with Little House on the Prairie Michael Landon

>[my childhood] was the last age when our youth could be innocent
>t. you, your parents, your grandparents, etc.

The internet changes things. Kids are far more sexualized and educated than previous generations.

A novel idea: if you're writing it as a script, it may be a script

The television changes things. Kids are far more sexualized and educated than previous generations.

Writing a book as a screenplay first is a very common practice. Download the program Celtx (its free).

Television is a passive form of communication that is regulated by society as it's in the open. There's no limit to what kids can fall into on places like here.

that pic should really be tim though

The guy that tries to make everything way too big or fast or whatever and destroys it in the process?

exactly

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx2150stVR4

The picture is perfect. Tim really knew nothing. It was all about Al, he was the pimp, always leaving for awhile with Heidi, while Tim stayed and F'd stuff up.
Also I think you should write in whatever format you're comfortable with, and worry about fitting it into the standard formats, only if it's necessary later. The aesthetic matters. Who says you have to do it like everybody else. You're not a robot right? We all have to push the button, but if we all do it the same, it becomes meaningless. So express yourself. Your voice matters. What do you really want to say? What are you getting at? What's the book about?