How long will chili last in the fridge, lads?

How long will chili last in the fridge, lads?

As long as the fungus doesn't turn green.

13 months on average. The spicier the chili the longer it lasts.

depends what meat you used but usually 3-4 day, heat it piping hot when you eat it.

I plan on microwaving it.. Is that good enough?

I would say around a week if you put it right in the fridge after it cooled from cooking.

It was pretty fast to go in the fridge. But then I took it to work, and back.. Stayed cool during transport but not as cool. So maybe an hour outside of the fridge total.

Answer me

never

I have used spoiled milk in my coffee.
Heat kills everything.

3 days

It won't kill the toxins produced by bacteria

It might denature them so they can't bind.

Assuming there are heat-stable toxins there in the first place.

Most bacteria don't create heat-stable toxins.

Enjoy your lipopolysaccharide or teichoic acid.

Staph aureus, the most basic of all food poisoning, makes heat stable endotoxins, retard.

Yes it does. What does your lip-flapping about a single specific bacteria have to do with the concept of "most"? You do realize that you need to be talking about multiple bacteria types, right?

I think that's a little worse than food poisoning user.

A few days. Don't forget to add some pure water to rehydrate it when you reheat it.

5-6 days is my limit. Use the freezer if you actually want to keep shit

About this for me.

Longest I went was about three weeks. My chili is somewhat hot (I dump a few spoons of sambal oelek in it), so that might be what's keeping it unspoilt.

It usually just starts drying out after a week or so, and like another user said with all the capsicum from the chilis and salt, it could go substantially longer. Just need to rehydrate when you reheat it.

After all, the original chili was just meat pounded together with chilis and salt and carried on the cattle drives without any refrigeration. Those fuckers didn't throw it out, I guaran-fucking-tee you.

Why do you need to rehydrate it?

A week at most for safety, but the flavor and texture will be ruined after just 3 days. That's when I throw most of my stuff

S aureus is everywhere and basically is referred to as general food poisoning. It's like how salmonella can be in almost every raw meat, or how all fecal matter has e. coli. Its not just "one bacteria", it's THE bacteria. Almost all food poisoning that occurs within a few hours of consumption is assumed to be staph.

Kill yourself.

I figured it was just a skin affectant disease that created lesions and scabs. Not sure when it became a food issue but if you're an american this is a weekly thing anyways because the FDA is so fucking good at letting people die from food here.