When google searching "greatest philosophers", the first twenty to come up are (in the order of appearance)

When google searching "greatest philosophers", the first twenty to come up are (in the order of appearance)
-Plato
-Aristotle
-Socrates
-Nietzsche
-Descartes
-Kant
-Wittgenstein
-Aquinas
-Confucius
-Locke
-Marx
-Spinoza
-Sartre
-Hume
-Epicurus
-Hegel
-Heidegger
-Russell
-Schopenhauer
-Rousseau
Who deserves to be cut out? Who deserves a spot but didn't get one?

Marx is a cuck

But why?

Schopenhauer deserves the cut. John Stuart Mill or Adam Smith or John Rawls deserves the addition.

Marx. He was a disgusting cuck who didn't take the redpill

pills weren't invented yet silly

>cutting Schop before Russell, Rousseau, Sartre, Marx, or Descartes, or Confucius

- Plato

+ Diogenes

Russell, Rousseau, Sartre out.

Mill, Adam Smith and Peirce in.

Confucius isn't even a philosopher.

marx out, berkeley in

rousseau out, chomsky in

1 addition: confucius out, g.e. moore in

ok

Locke, Sartre, Russell and Rousseau out

20 white guys.
Color me surprised.

Philosophers are men who think for long periods of time. Why does it surprise you that they're white?

>Confucius
>white guy

hmm

>John Rawls
Lmao

Cut Russell, Sartre, and Socrates (Plato covers this). Add Hobbes, Foucault, and Kierkegaard. Maybe replace Marx with Smith.

A-ha!
there was one poc on the list! therefore the list isn't racist! fuck you non-white subhmans for wanting to be equal amirite guise?

Name a single person of color that is made an equal contribution to philosophy as those twenty in the OP.

Hint: some have done much less than the others

No, fuck you non-white subhumans for demanding equality of outcome and pretending it's about equality of opportunity and calling anyone who disagrees racist.

You said 20 white guys originally, so when someone pointed out you were wrong, you went into an autistic fit. Not surprising desu

>equal

Just because you get to vote and have the same rights as us doesn't mean we have to re-write our history to make it more inclusive of "PoCs"

I'm sure if you typed the same question into Chinese google you would get a list of Asian philosophers, so why don't you take a chill pill my colored friend? Not everything is this huge conspiracy to fuck you over.

What makes you say that?

Platonic and Aristophanic Socrates are top notch. Xenophone a shit.

Platonic and Aristophanic Socrates are top notch. Xenophone a shit.

As for those that deserve to be dropped there are many...
But ESPECIALLY Sartre. What a hack.

Stirner deserves all 20 spots. Philosophy is a spook.

Yes, you subhuman nigger.

pathetic

Adam Smith is basically Hume's conclusions spelled out for stupid people.
Also

Doesn't have Aristotle, Leibniz, and Charles Sanders Peirce. Why is Rousseau on there?

>greeks
>white
you can cut most of those whites on that list off

Sorry, he meant that he didn't get the amputation of the necrotic parts

>out
Satre
>in
Popper

what makes anyone say anything ?

>Popper

Marx was a political whiny.
Sartre was a glorified novelist.
Confucius is why China is terrible.

Why think about that?

>John Rawls
>this is how sheltere

I'll admit I'm taking a shit right now and wanted to stop writing that because it was really self-indulgent, but accidentally hit "post"

I'm not sure why the fact that I'm taking a shit is important but it is

>Locke
>I don't rate Locke

It seems like this board is very easy to troll

>fragile retards replying to this
it's very hard for me to give anyone on this board the benefit of the doubt re: intelligence when so many of you can't even discern a simple b8ing. consider going back to your home boards/reddit

>Confucius is why China is terrible
Marx/Mao have nothing to do with this?

>John Rawls
kek
>American
>Philosopher
pick one

>he hasn't read Peirce

>analytic shit
>philosophy
pick one

William Henry?

Plato should be on there but Socrates should be lumped in with him.

I think it's a solid list for Western philosophy. It's too hard for me to think of Eastern philosophy in the same way and for the same list, because the tradition has such a different history, role in society, and methodology. It's just as great though. Nagarjuna is easily the philosopher I think about in my daily life more than any other, though I'm a Buddhist so I'm biased.

>China only existed after communism

Marx is more a political theorist than a philosopher