Ryu Muakami > Haruki Murakami

Ryu Muakami > Haruki Murakami

Yes, this is obvious

Ben Murakami

Just finished all his translated books, final one being transparent blue.

Any similar Authors/Books someone can recc me?

DFW cause neither have any discernible talent

Burroughs, similar odysseys of degeneracy are explored

As edgy, contrarian, and bad a post as Ryu himself. Haurki has his shallow repetitive themes and atmosphere, Ryu has nothing of worth.

>Haruki fan

wait wait wait wait wait wait. wait.

How is that faggot getting a free copy of a book in exchange for an 'honest review'? Can a normal pleb like myself do that?

>Deflecting any and all criticism of your genuinely mediocre author
This is why it's always a Ryu vs Haruki conversation, because Ryu can't even stand on his own merits.

i didn't mean to reply to you

you seem just as pissed about Haruki criticism desu

>do i fit in yet???

Sure, especially with the publisher of the book that reviewer is referencing. They always give out free review copies on LibraryThing. I got my copy for free too.

I'm a pleb who has read a small stack of Haruki but know nothing about Ryu.

What does Ryu write about? What's a good starting point for his work? Does he have a trendy Veeky Forums flowchart?

start with Coin Locker Babies or Peircing

I have never read Ryu, but I should hope he is better. Haruki Murakami is the most vapid, pretentious, un-meaningful writer I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

what about In the Miso Soup?

>men want to believe that women enjoy being debased and humiliated. . .

"In 1985, Louis H. Janda who is an associate professor of psychology at Old Dominion University[2] said that the sexual fantasy of being raped is the most common sexual fantasy for women.[3] A 1988 study by Pelletier and Herold found that over half of their female respondents had fantasies of forced sex.[4]"

Oh woops looks like it's not just those gross boys.

>the sort of sex men fantasize

But fifty shades of grey was written by a woman.

And how many copies did it sell, and to which audience? I think Blake is in denial, all those feminist friends of his are secretly wishing he'd bend them over his knee.

> all those feminist friends of his are secretly wishing he'd bend them over his knee.

You mean wish Chad would them over Chad's knee.

Loo

Almost Transparent Blue is short (~120 pages) and, being his first novel, puts the content of his later works in context. Coin Locker Babies follows well with similar themes and is likely his most 'intricate' novel. The rest of his stuff tends towards genre fiction mostly, and read more as thrillers. Of these I'd say Audition was the only one that felt both unique in terms of plot and effective in eliciting the wtf response it seems he goes for.

>blaming women for internalized misogyny

get a load of this pleb

>internalized misogyny
>existing

Heh, why not trot out "false consciousness" while you're at it, Pinko?