Good God this board is so full of retards...

Good God this board is so full of retards. Just by reading a couple books you'll realize that there are not books that everyone needs to read there's not a meme Trilogy ok so everyone on here stop posting Leo Tolstoy Ernest Hemingway Charles Dickens Herman Melville just stop. Like I said reading only a couple books you'll realize that you don't want to read the same books that other people are really reading.
In order to counteract this hybrid things such as Cicero how to win an argument, and other things. What you do is you go to Half Price Books and you find 3 $1 books that are all completely different from different genres and let's be honest don't fucking buy fiction because they're all bunch of crap.

Seriously put down ayn rand, Jane Eyre, and mark twain. You aren't helping anyone.

Heh. Nice blog, kid. Now back to /r/books. You obviously don't have what it takes to be Veeky Forums

>when babby reaches 3 months of shitposts and would like everyone else to stop at one
it gets me everytime

>it's an "I'm insecure about my intellectual inferiority, so I assume everybody is posturing like me" thread

Time to start reading some post-modernism user..........................

Look all I'm saying is it's okay to read Tom Sawyer it's okay to Read Moby Dick but don't come back asking for what's the next novel like just go out and pick one. This silly board of education that picked out the reading list several decades ago is totally irrelevant today

Yeah you know you say that but why the fuck should I give a shit what postmodernism even is? No one on this board has read Hard Times by Dickens because they didn't know what the fuck they were supposed to do and they didn't have any money and you didn't know how to take risks by picking out a $50 Business book when you're desperately in need for finance help. So all of you soulless little faggots can keep reading your Greek philosophy and I'm going to learn how to rule a nation. Or be a spy. Or learn tai Chi. Or master your nutritional fitness, I recommend tim ferris for that.

>average pop-psych reader

Fuck off, you blasted idiot.

>This silly board of education that picked out the reading list several decades ago is totally irrelevant today
>two years from now when he's trying to tell everyone about debord
;'D

Well I wouldn't say that Dale Carnegie is a must read

holy spooks batman

No I'm saying don't read books like that.

>Like I said reading only a couple books you'll realize that you don't want to read the same books that other people are really reading.
>let's be honest don't fucking buy fiction because they're all bunch of crap.

>and the other run-ons

Is this like level 89 trolling or something? Does a real, living person actually believe these things?

The people here enjoy literature as an artistic medium, not because they delude themselves into thinking a book will train them into being a spy. You have different motivations when you read. That's fine, but it clearly means you aren't into literature for the sake of literature, so you have no reason to be here. I don't wander into imageboards about restoring classic cars and tell them they're retards for not riding on the subway instead.

Let's not pretend academic psychology is any more rigorous or accurate

>James Fenimore Cooper
>Literally one of the worst writers who ever lived.

Good God OP's mouth is full of cocks.

>Good God this board is so full of retards.
Ok, so far you aren't wrong, let's see where you're going with this.
>Just by reading a couple books you'll realize that there are not books that everyone needs to read there's not a meme Trilogy ok so everyone on here stop posting Leo Tolstoy Ernest Hemingway Charles Dickens Herman Melville just stop.
There are not books that everyone needs to read? I strongly disagree, at least in the context of "everyone" being all members of western civilization. Some books are enormous achievements that nobody should miss out on.
>Like I said
You didn't.
>reading only a couple books you'll realize that you don't want to read the same books that other people are really reading.
What the fuck are you trying to express here? Are you saying that reading a few books makes a person... Not want to read any morebbooks that other people read too? This is nonsensical and untrue.
>In order to counteract this hybrid things such as Cicero how to win an argument, and other things.
This doesn't even start to approach an english sentence.
>What you do is you go to Half Price Books and you find 3 $1 books that are all completely different from different genres and let's be honest don't fucking buy fiction because they're all bunch of crap.
Are you saying all books, from every author, completely randomly selected are all just as valuable as each other? I can't say I would trust your judgment of any kind of book when you clearly have less grasp of the english language than an american kindergartener.
>Seriously put down ayn rand, Jane Eyre, and mark twain. You aren't helping anyone.
None of those are related to each other in any way. It also seems that you think Jane Eyre is an author. It's the name of a novel, op.

In short, neck yourself.

Please don't make a post like this again.

How can Americans even compete?

this board is full of retards though. i'm not reading the rest of your dumb shit

This was an good post

*kindergardener

>Please don't make a post like this again.
On the contrary, I will.

In short, fuck you.

>Nabokov
>Russian

Please. That's like calling Ishiguro Japanese because he was born in nagasaki

Interestingly I almost never see discussion of Dickens here.