Why do people think YA is good?

why do people think YA is good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jYFYZZtnH-E
file.io/yxuCdm
www117.zippyshare.com/v/RMG9wuqR/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's sad. It's his easiest book.

Senpai I read the thing in three hours according to my e-reader and then I see this autistic shit.

Btw Hilarius is top waifu.

I want to kill myself when I realize that anime isn't real.

I would want to kill myself if it were

Suggest me good Veeky Forums anime.

Neon Genesis

Milky Holmes

there aren't any

ghost in the shell stand alone complex desu

The only Japanese animations worth watching are the works of Miyazaki, Takahata, Oshii, Otomo, Hosoda, Yuasa, Kon and a few independent directors like Kihachiro Kawamoto, Koji Yamamura, Kunio Kato and Atsushi Wada. Everything else is junk

Fukumoto

You mean the Akagi/Kaiji guy? His mangas and their anime adaptations are stupid entertainment but not specifically worth reading/watching

>miyazaki
He is fucking shit.

I know there was a series that weebified some Veeky Forums books, but i cant seem to find it which is sad.

Aoi Bungaku or do you mean western lit?

pls find it. I've been searching for litime

It's western lit; i know they did Proust, Kant, Marx and Hitler, but it seems the only translations disappeared of the internet some time ago

and yet he's still one of the top 10 anime creators. that should tell you something

yeah just like Stephen King is one of the top10 writers ever because he is popular

I feel like V is less esoteric.

he's actually not though

just like miyazaki is far from top10 anime directors

Anime up until the early 2000s was better than now. The heavy trend toward moe is really too bad.

Why?

not true. i've seen 300+ anime so i'm qualified to judge

Literally LOL'd.

I actually like Hosoda's and Yuasa's work more than pre-21st century anime. Moe is shit, but so is the vast, vast majority of pre-moe anime (as well as non-moe recent anime)

>it's a "DFW thinks his literary theory knowledge directly translates to films" episode

i found a torrent with the translated ones, I could upload the relevant volumes in an hour or so if the thread stays alive.

Psycho pass
It's very simplistic and drops names but it works

That's the point

Shigurui is entry-level Veeky Forums. Obvs CowBop, also Guren Lagann. Not KlaK.
Fucking pleb.

I also forgot Jin-Roh, though I didn't like it very much. It was originally written as a play and would have been better live action.
Get fucked nerd, psycho pass is good entertainment and would get a pass for the op alone.

All of that shit sucks actually, see

Jin-Roh FUCKING SUCKS

So much potential and it FUCKING SUCKS
>good entertainment
So not Veeky Forums.

Yeah, Jin-Roh was a fucking letdown. I want a fascist death squad anime set in alternate reality Axis victory Italy

R.O.D read or die is fun, not a 10/10 deep show but you should have fun watching it

That's what I'm talking about. Seems like a great Veeky Forums anime.

Serial Experiments Lain

I agree with the Lain suggestion.

I've been watching anime since I remember, although I barely watched anime during the last couple of years. I think you will find better anime in movies than tv shows

- Paprika (Inception ripped off this)
- Perfect Blue (Black Swan ripped off this)
- Ghost in the Shell (Matrix ripped off this)
- Millenium Actress
- Kara no Kyoukai Movies

Tsukihime has been so far one of the very few stories about vampires that I really love. You would have to read the visual novel, because the anime is quite bad. I heard the manga is better, but never read it.

>Guren Lagann.
If you want badass robots don't forget GaoGaiGar and Getter Robo

youtube.com/watch?v=jYFYZZtnH-E

There's more to GL than badass robots senpai.

I know

The Tatami Galaxy

The most pseudish of all anime.

that's madoka

nah

that distinction goes to steins;gate

not even close

don't even deserve the distinction of being called pseud honestly

pseud anime are things like eva, utena, lain

>madoka
>not the most pretentious pile of garbage there is

i agree it's a pile of garbage, but i'm not convinced it manages to be particularly pretentious

>utena
kill uself

How about show names you autistic weeb

>Literature

Post more Veeky Forums-chan, you ugly fuckers.

Just watch their most famous films, it's easy

Who thinks themselves smarter than the average dude for watching Stein;Gate?

Here is In search of lost time: weeb edition.
file.io/yxuCdm

yeah nah

{"success":false,"error":404,"message":"Not Found"}

Gankutsuou is literally Veeky Forums

fuk

>Gankutsuou's unusual visual style layers Photoshop textures into digital animation, with backgrounds often rendered in 3D.
Sounds...perfect.

>t. Otaku

Trying again i guess
www117.zippyshare.com/v/RMG9wuqR/file.html

Wow this is really good user, def the best I've seen desu

A-Are you telling the truth user? I'm about to kill myself. You can't possibly prove it can you?

the people who rated it a 10 on mal

Yeah it can't possibly be that they got caught up in the hype or, dare I say it, liked it WITHOUT thinking they were better than others for it.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Becuase it makes young people read. As if just reading for the shake of reading is good to you somehow.
Like if I were to read a 800 pages book about the alphabet repeating itself every time it ends then that would make me a better person.

I think people used to associate reading with knowledge and intelligence and they forgot that the important thing is what you read, not that you just read.

More like Legend of the Gay Lactating Homosexuals

t. autist who doesn't "get" people

Literature is like a plateau. Extremely tall, and extremely hard to climb (or so it seems). YA is a ramp for people to climb up the plateau. They read YA and think: "hey, this reading business isn't so bad. And those teachers made it seem so hard!". And then they slip up into literature.

Not all of them do, no. A lot languish there. But those -- I think they actually tried literature, all the same, and then thought it wasn't for them. So even in their case it "succeeded".

you accidentally put your signature at the start of your post, anonymous

What an autist.

t. fagget

No YA reader makes the transition to real literature. Not enough to be actually considered. If they did they would erase all their memories from whence they where filthy YA readers. I could give you a lengthy explanation as to why I'm undoubtedly right but that's no fun so I'll just ask you to watch YA booktubers and see how their librarie is organized not by author, genre or even type of book but by color. Fucking. Color.

Plenty do. Bear in mind by "YA reader" we are talking about the vast bulk of them, i.e., teenagers and children. These do not typically start with the classics.

People are stupid.

Is that a Jojo reference?

Utena is the only Veeky Forums anime

Naw

Paprika is also an adaptation of the Tsutsui Yasutaka novel of the same name.

He also wrote The Girl who Leapt Through Time, which was also adapted into a great animu movie.

Un-Go is really good, and it's inspired in one of Sakaguchi Ango's untranslated works. It's a modernized, cyberpunk version though, but it's really good regardless.

Sky Crawlers is an adaptation of Hiroshi Mori's novel series of the same name.

But if we're talking Hiroshi Mori, I like Subete ga F ni Naru (S&M series adaptation) way more than Sky Crawlers. Incidentally, both Subete ga F ni Naru and Un-Go aired in the noitaminA block, usually reserved for shows that feel more "artistic" than other animu.

... and there's always Welcome to the NHK, but... I wouldn't really recommend the anime. Manga >>>>> novel > anime.

Oh, also, Zaregoto is a really good novel series, and it's currently being adapted by Shaft. An episode a month though.

You guys are dumb Aoi Bungaku is literally the only Veeky Forums anime. They even adapted Ningen Shikkaku as a 4 episode arc

Texhnolyze

boku "start with the greeks" no pico

It's shit animu though.

But look at these . They're actually good adaptations of well-esteemed japanese literature.

I just remembered Trapeze/Kuuchu Buranko/Irabu's office too, which is based on Okuda Hideo's In The Pool.

But if you want a good omnibus of classic japanese literature, there's always Ayakashi. Although the last tale, the one that spinned-off Mononoge, is an original, the first is an adaptation of the Yutsuya Kaidan classic kabuki play, and the second one adapts Izumi Kyouka's Tenshu Monogatari, which is also a kabuki play.

>boku no pico
>the greeks
More related than you think.

this x 10000

Self-insert super powered protagonist stories are fun

>No YA reader makes the transition to real literature.
The next time you meet someone in their 20s who reads literature, ask them what got them in to reading and 9/10 times they will say some shit like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. You're either completely out of touch or just shitposting.

what's Veeky Forums's opinion on umineko

Amazing desu

Best post-modern mystery out there.

Evangelion is the most Veeky Forums anime, though. So many themes!

Fang of the sun Dougram.
It's the vietnam war but with gundams.

Dubs of truth.

I'm 27 and started reading with HP.

The 80s Starship Troopers OVA.
One of the more faithful adaptations of the book.

This looks boring tbqh.

>He also wrote The Girl who Leapt Through Time, which was also adapted into a great animu movie.
I think that's the guy that also wrote Summer Wars.
I only looked at the trailer. It reminded me of the Digimon Movie, which he also wrote.

Anyone here watched Angel Cop? Old fashioned commie slaying is truly literary