Do you like to listen to music while reading...

Do you like to listen to music while reading? I've been listening to Young Thug while reading pic related for maximum effect

I listen to rainymood sometimes. Anything with lyrics takes me out of it.

Not music, but I like audiobooks, but I don't like to hear other people's voices, I like to hear my own voice, so before I read a book, I record myself reading it (takes about a week), then I put on the recording of me reading it, and I read it in my head while following along with the recording.

This book is garbage.

I'm actually reading The Iliad but I wanted people to post in my thread so I used a meme instead.

I listened to Temples while reading earlier today and it wasn't distracting at all. Usually I listen to classical music radio at very low volume, just so I don't get distracted by the hard-to-describe rushing sound that I 'hear' while sitting in silence

Homer is meme.

Nice appeal to the zeitgeist user

I'm reading The Odyssey ;)
Which translation ya got?

No. If I don't have complete silence I can't enjoy what I'm reading.

This is insane

never music ever.

Same here. I get distracted by music way too easily.

Fagles

No bully pls

One of my best reading experiences was when I read Infinite Jest on the subway, while being stoned and listening to techno.

Who here /tinnitus/? Normally put some classical on so I don't go insane.

No.
And I only listen to music alone, in dark and otherwise quiet environments.

I listen to instrumental music or electronic music like Autechre

only when someone reminds me I have it like just now

What if you had the power to transfer your tinnitus to other people, except it'd be a lot worse and you could only use it on people who you loved, would you use it?

I've had it all my life so I've known no different. I expect someone who could experience silence would go mad if I gave it to them. So no.

That's very just of you user, Plato would be proud.

does it mask sounds for you when sitting in silence? I have it too but I still manage to stay alert and note small sounds, the thought of being unable to hear footsteps or breathing is terrifying to be

Doesn't mask them, but it's beginning to be almost on par with smaller sounds

holy... i want more...

rap isn't music

what the fuck?

I listened to Wildflower the last time I read CoL49.
Top fucking kino.

Been listening this album countless times through my Dostoyevsky reads.

That one works for BK, but I think F#A# is better for Notes

debussy is my goto for reading music

mmmm, maybe try out Fitzgerald if you wanna do the Aeneid or Odyssey next.

I do this sometimes too. Aphex Twin is, really, my only go-to as far as IDM is concerned. Would you recommend other IDM artists who are good background music? as well as good in general ofc.

op here, what's the Veeky Forums equivalent of this album

Yes. I put off reading a new book until I find an album or make a playlist that fits the book's mood. It has to be something new but good that I won't get tired of listening to while on repeat for hours on end. If I can't find music that fits the bill I just watch chinese cartoons instead.

"rap" isnt a genre