What books are you plebs reading?

What books are you plebs reading?

The Enigma of Arrival. It's excellent.

Any books that happen around Xmas suggestions? Or cozy winter novels?

Castle to Castle. It's not as good as Journey and Death on Credit, but it's still breddy gud.
>tfw CĂ©line spends the first 150 pages complaining about his motorcycle and his dogs and his books and about not having a car and watching boats and having no money for coal and carrots because Normance was a flop

I'll also take a look at The Count of Monte Cristo.

Howl and other poems.

y tho

Cause I felt like it.

Ginsberg a shit

What would you recommend in poetry, boyo

El reino de este mundo, my fellow

The Bishop and Other Stories by Anton Chekhov

Pretty comfy so far to be desu

WB Yeats

The Atrocity Exhibition by Ballard. Love it.

"Slow-motion cine films of campaign speeches exercised a marked erotic effect upon an audience of spastic children" might be the funniest sentence I've ever read.

Context: President Ronald Reagan.

The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch. Interesting and engrossing. One of those novels that makes you hungry due to the constant descriptions of food. Not far in yet but I read the introduction so I know what to expect narratively

Just finished a moment ago The Metaphysics, aristotle. What a load of hogwash albeit interesting hogwash.

Blood Meridian

Flowers for Algernon. Its light and it flows pretty well.

Reading the Odyssey for the first time since 9th grade where we read an extremely shortened simple version.
Close to halfway, Odysseus is telling his story to the Phaeacians.
It's really not as good as the Iliad.

The Collected Stories of Stefan Zweig. Wonderful thus far

Gaddis's The Recognitions.
Breddy gud.

I am too.
Too many long explanations of the environment for me, though I am liking the book overall.

same. whereabouts are you?

The Black Company
Tarnsman of Gor

Just finished The Fall by Camus. Think I'm going to burn through Brave New World before Christmas.

I've been catching up on high school lit that I never read or don't remember reading. Read Fahrenheit 451 over the summer and thought it sucked. BNW is kind of dry, but I've always been interested by its particular dystopic worldview.

your mom's tramp stamp

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter and Warren Peas.

I'm reading all of Sarah Kane's plays. Finished Blasted and Crave yesterday, now I'm going to start with Cleansed, then Phaedra's Love, and finally Psychosis 4:48.

War & Peace, as well as Blood Meridian

Gonna start Don Quixote and something else in the next couple of days

Crime & Punishment

Call me a pleb all you want, but I actually wasn't expecting to stick with it. I'm not a very dedicated reader as it is, and a philosophical novel set in 19th century St. Petersburg isn't the most enthralling of selling points, but nonetheless it's really pulled me in and I'm on track to finishing it.

>a philosophical novel set in 19th century St. Petersburg isn't the most enthralling of selling points,
How dare you

I'm 90% complete with Kafka on the Shore
My first Murakami read and I don't know what this author is trying to tell me.

Don't let anyone degrade you for starting to read literature.

What are you enjoying about Crime and Punishment, and how far along are you?

He's trying to tell you to fuck your mom

Dune.

During winter I think of the joys of the desert and during summer I think of the joys of the tundra.

the magic mountain

Oshima is best girl on the shore.

>Master and Margarita

First reading.
I enjoyed Pontius Pilate's chapter

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

About two thirds of the way through it. I sure am glad I'm not Catholic.

A tale of two cities.

Third attempt at rrading the book. I'm going to try to finish it before new years. I wanted to read the bell jar instead, but i can't remember where the fuck i put it.