Waking Life on philosophy thread

>Waking Life on philosophy thread

Sartre was a miserable fuck and don't let Linklater tell you otherwise

t. Heidegger

Sartre was such a sadistic gremlin I actually believe it, no matter how bad the world is, one like him can be consoled by the suffering of others

(((existentialism)))

"That big sexy word of philosophy."

Man wants chaos, in fact, he's gotta have it... We're irresistibly drawn to that almost orgiastic state caused out of dread and destruction.

It's Robert C. Solomon, not Linklater, you dip.

>now that god is dead lets put all our chips on free will

Whoops!

been on Veeky Forums for a whole day, have ya now?

>this guy will be remembered as one of the prominent """philosophers""" of our time

>wasting life on philosophy thread

ftfy

>wasting life on philosophy thread

shitposting on an Armenian Caffeine Enthusiast board.

>You've made a way better use of your time.

I liked this movie

It's a brettygud movie

argh
i am completely defeated
goodbye user

ok bro

>At least you didn't forget your punctuation/syntax on a Veeky Forums thread

this movie is terrible

Yeah but I stopped believing in free will and I tripled down on suicidal ideation. If I don't have free will then I have to be 100% concerned with my heedonic utility and if that situation isn't equitable then I should kill myself before things get worse. So believing that there is no free will is actuall gay as fuck. Thank you.

he isn't

>reality is homosexual because of my feelsies

rad opinion bro

I fucking love waking life.

waking life is a-ok

Well the reality is that we should all kill ourselves. I doubt that jive well with your own feelsies.

you're fucking hedonic utility is ony equitable ONCE you killed yourself.

Complete overlap of desire and reality? Yes please!

Where did you get that ought?

>you're

don't know how that happened

utilitarianism.

Yes I agree but dying is such a hassle. I certainly wouldn't mind being a trustfund babby

Utilitarianism is quite silly to be honest.

*jibe not jive

Robert Solomon was a smart dude. I read a cool dedication in one of his books that said, "thanks to my mother, who gave me life and taught me it was art."

>Applying Utilitarianism to animals

>applying it to anything but

Waking Life is perhaps the most thoroughly pseudo-intellectual movie ever created.

A move which manages to slime onto the nature of existence without losing its cool in a bunch of autistic hand-waving is Slacker.

When I was younger I didn't really appreciate how deftly and with what human sensibility the film operates, preferring Dazed and Confused and even Waking Life. Now though I feel like the casual, vacant misery of the film really gets to the banality at the heart of day to day life and the interior life of the human animal in a way not unlike Joyce does, in the process subtly making room for the sort of awe which Waking Life tries way too hard to provoke.

>inb4 shitstorm

are you gonna argue that opinion? no? ok then.

>Dude lucid dream and stoner philosophy xD its like sooo deep bro

interpretation and argument are two different things