How do you like your omelettes, Veeky Forums?

How do you like your omelettes, Veeky Forums?
For me it's ham, onions, jalepenos, cheese and garlic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Corned beef hash omelets are the best.

With chives, cream-cheese and any kind of meat folded inside.

>cream cheese
Does it get runny, or do you fold it in last?

tomato, ham and red bell pepper

we have a regular at my place who orders ham, turkey, bacon, spinach, onion, mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, potatoes, and cheddar cheese. nigga wtf he tasting when he bites into that.

I don't eat omelettes. If I'm eating at home I eat sunny side up/scrambled. If I go out, I eat machacado con huevos, migas, or chorizo and eggs. All of those of course have jalapenos, onions, and sometimes tomato.

Teflon is objectively shit and I'm not spending $10 on a new pan every time I want to make an omelette and then having to scrub the coating off after every egg.
I have never made an omelette in anything but old cast iron, and I've been hunting for a new 10 inch for two years. No fucking eggs for me. I hate everything. Fuck you.

I would assume he's tasting egg, butter, ham, turkey, bacon, spinach, onion, mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, potatoes, and cheddar cheese.

Cut two of the meats and put the potatoes on the side and I'd eat the shit out of that.

Why the FUCK have I never made this for myself?!

I only use Colby Jack cheese, salt, and pepper.

Also, I hate having any sort of brown in my omelettes. I like only fluffy, no crispy golden/brown spots. For instance, I wouldn't eat the first three pics if I made them myself. Is that weird? I've gotten really good at doing it too.

Not wierd, just a preference. I cook like the OP picture when I'm using that many eggs. I don't want the middle to be too runny, so I go a little overboard.

I usually will use 4 or 5 eggs, but I also flip my omelettes so I don't really have to worry about cooking one side so long that the top cooks too

Goat cheese and heirloom tomato topped with creme fraiche

It doesn't get runny if you beat it in with the eggs, but it does if you just do a normal folded omelette.

Camembert

Camembert omelette is the best shit ever.

As soon as you brown eggs they turn to garbage. Fuck you and your burnt eggs.

> Why the FUCK have I never made this for myself?!

First time I had one was at Desi’s Restaurant along the Au Sable River near Oscoda MI (get there before 11:00am!) and so far, that’s the ONLY place I’ve found that makes them, though I have seen corned beef omelets on menus but those use chopped lunchmeat.

Swiss cheese, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and garlic.

Top with salt and pepper. Or maybe some pico de gallo

MUSHROOMS AND GREENS MOTHERFUCKER

This but replace the sour cream with with kalamata olives and spinach.

that looks amazing

Apart from the mushroom that looks delicious user. Eggs look perfect

Bacon, Mushrooms, onions, and american cheese

mushroom, onion, cheese and a tomato chutney

i normally cook up a fried egg, sunny side down when i come home drunk, bit of salt and pepper and sometimes a lilbitty bit of cheese. goat drunk food

How do you stop omelettes from tasting leathery?

keep them moving in the pan until the last possible moment and don't overcook them

Omit the leather from the recipe

I just add cheddar, pepper, and salt.

Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

this omelette makes me cry

this omelette makes me hard

add your salt after the egg begins to cook

>retarded euro's and their affinity for undercooked, snotty eggs

I like the flavor of golden brown omelettes, and scrambled eggs, and the texture adds a nice contrast between soft and crisper pieces of the egg.

Virginia ham, onions, and cheddar is the GOAT omelette.

>cheddar
Like you've ever had Cheddar, Sharty.

It's called a country omelette, and is as loved in European countries as any others.

However, specifically the French, are pretty picky about omelettes, even moreso than most preparation methods for eggs.

>It's called a country omelette

Only by pretentious douchebags.

The rest of us just call it an omelette.

It's the technical term used by chefs and cooks worldwide.

I don't understand why you would come onto a board made specifically for cooking, then shit on people who are merely sharing cooking related information.

I'm not sitting here saying "YOU'RE WRONG, IDIOT", I'm merely sharing the information that has been accepted as true throughout the world.

i like them like i like my women

You seem upset.

No he doesn't.
He was trying to be polite in addressing your ignorance.
I'm not polite, you're an ignorant cunt.
Thanks.

I don't understand what you mean. There's absolutely no emotions involved, I'm just sharing information. If that intimidates you, that's your own issue.

how much for you to cook for me user

How did you get it to be so smooth and uniform in color?

I like mine not looking like a necromantic mess with all your toppings sticking out everywhere.

But I do enjoy with green onions, swiss, and ham.

>swiss
What's that???

What the fuck do you think it is?

Plain.

Low heat

I didn't know.
It's not a thing in my country I guess.

What country do you live in that they don't have one of the most popular cheeses of all time?

Only omelette is the classic French omelette, butter eggs pepper, the rest is just stuffed folded eggs!!!!!

Chill.
It's a 'cheese' produced in the USA from pasteurized milk.
It bears no resemblance to the cheese made in Switzerland, Americans like to use country names as a descriptor, it's known as London, England syndrome.

>cheese
Keep telling yourself that.

>just stuffed folded eggs!!!!!

Stuffed folded eggs are delicious, though.

No I didn't actually use low heat. Just lots of butter, high heat and a good ten seconds of stirring and swirling the pan before filling and folding it. Once you've folded it, roll it to the edge of the pan with the seam side down and pour in any remaining egg from the bowl to seal it while holding the pan at an angle a short distance from the flame.

Are you implying it's not a cheese?

Holy FUCK. Fucking GAME CHANGER

very true user very true this thread makes me want a cheesy mushroom omelette

but that creamy runny silky buttery melt in your mouth classic omelette is something

but... he's totally right. you seem like a total douchebag.

neck yourself you fucking retard.

I usually fry eggs with the leftover fat from the corned beef but I've never thought of using it as a filling for an omelet. Will definitely try it.

cubed ham, sharp cheddar, fresh salsa

cook eggs only on one side, flip together, serve

still ooey gooey in middle

I only put fried rice in my omelettes.