What chart to "Start with the Greeks" is the best?

What chart to "Start with the Greeks" is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just read The Oresteia and then move on to russian literature. Legit no reason to waste your time with the greeks.

What about Homer?

If you're interested in reading The Iliad + Odyssey, then you should read homer. If you want to read Homer because you want to read Ulysses someday and say AHA! when you run across a reference then don't even waste your time.

Yeah, this guy is the absolute authority on everything literature related

I like the first one better but personally I would suggest going through Mortimer Adler's list.

>mfw you are wasting valuable time reading a list made by some anonymous figure rather than reading shit you actually want to read.
The irony is intense.

why doesn't Veeky Forums just make ONE official greek chart, so these threads don't have to be made.

>i read entirely what i want without any outside influences

So why the Oresteia and not Homer?

Why don't you do it then

i haven't read enough Greek literature. im onl halfway through the odyssey. i wouldn't know the order to recommend them. anything. otherwise i would. it was just a suggestion.

the left one is unironically correct

Because as soon as someone makes the """""definitive""""" """""official""""" version we'll get threads just like this one but with three charts in OP instead of two.

Right one is superior, but i used both when i kickstarted my venture into greek literature. It's not just worth it for Ulysses, but generally for all kinds of literature written up to the 50's of the last century. There are so many allusions, references, influences and so on that you will constantly, if your reading range goes beyond the US (meaning if you read european, especially german literature), encounter books that relate to the greeks. And of course it will help you immensely with your philosophical studies.

>666x325

>but you HAVE TO FOLLOW this specific chart or you aren't doing it right
vs
>This book sounds interesting so I'll read it.
Nice rationalization faggot.

Because I enjoyed the Oresteia, so that was a recommendation based on preference not authority as the other faggot would say.

Like I said in my next post, if you want to read Homer, then fucking read Homer since that's where your interest lies.

What are these, charts for ants?

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts

I started with the one the on the right of the picture you posted (OP) good luck

Frankly there's no "single" right way of reading the Greeks. Actually I think it's good that there are multiple charts, because part of "starting with the Greeks" is becoming more comfortable researching and planning what you're going to read.

Kek, also this.

I recently started with the right one. I could only find A Brief History of Ancient Greece and it was pretty good. Very nice to have this history background.
Hamilton's Mythology, however, is not that good. Should have just followed with The Illiad.