How the fuck do I make soft, fluffy, delicious biscuits like the ones at Popeye's or Church's...

How the fuck do I make soft, fluffy, delicious biscuits like the ones at Popeye's or Church's? Give me your best tips or recipes Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/southern-biscuits-recipe
amazon.com/Red-Lobster-Cheddar-Bay-Biscuit/dp/B00AWQRLIG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are they scones? Or are American biscuits different from scones?

they're called biscuits you backwoods bong faggot

Same idea. Flour, fat, liquid, chemical leavener

>they're called biscuits you backwoods bong faggot
Oh I say

Use baking powder.
More butter more rise and more flakiness.
Try folding a few times but don't overknead, you want visible bits of butter in there.

but is it the same execution? is it literally a scone?

Alton Brown has a good recipe that I use. They come out better than the fast food ones. Make sure your baking powder is not expired.

Alton Brown's recipe is good.

Knead them by hand, you want it to just take shape.

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/southern-biscuits-recipe

I'm not an expert on scones and biscuits but I think scones are typically sweeter, and often have other shit added (like raisins or currants). Of course there are savory scones and sweet biscuits so it's not a hard and fast rule.

Yes. Americans also use it for gravy/savory shit rather than cream and jam though.

and what is the white gravy commonly assosciated with """biscuits"""

After you cook meat you add flour to the grease/fond and make a gravy.

lololol

why the fuck is it white? my gravy doesnt turn out white

Cook some crumbled sausage in a bit of butter. Add flour stirring for a bit and add milk or cream and simmer until thickened and raw flour taste not present. Add a fuckton of black pepper and serve over sliced biscuits. Not an everyday meal, but I have it about once a month because it really is good.

amazon.com/Red-Lobster-Cheddar-Bay-Biscuit/dp/B00AWQRLIG

Because milk.

it is usually sausage gravy with lots of added flour and pepper

don't let the flour brown

Back in yellow teeth land we call that beef cobbler (though usually those are made with suet dumplings than scones)

No. They're some kind of Irish bread

>chemicals

i'm never eating these again

You should be able to see from the pic that they're flakier than scones

They're fucking scones, but Americlaps just LOVE to call things different names to what they are just to be slightly different from everyone else.
They're fucking scones famalam.

>yellow teeth land
Japan?

He didn't mention the actual chemicals.
The leavener is the least of the worries.
Enjoy your liver failure.

These are piss easy to make from scratch, and far cheaper than buying the boxed mix.

2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup of butter, grated (freeze the stick of butter beforehand
Just a scant cup of buttermilk

Mix the dry ingredients, then add the butter. Add the buttermilk and mix until it just comes together. Don't really kneed it: pat it flat, then give it maybe one fold. Alternatively, you might pat it flat, cut it in half, stack the layers and pat it flat again to about 3/4" in height.

Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes.

I can give you my sawmill gravy recipe if you want.

Scones are a pastry, biscuits are a bread.

Oh boy, an unsourced infographic from some guy named Nigel Hawtin (clearly from downtown new york)!

I've been growing a sourdough starter for a few days now and made cheese biscuits with it. But I think you people are trying to create chazzwhazzers.

probably similar but the ones i tried in the us did not taste like the scones here. they were fattier and less sweet, sometimes cornflour based. god i miss them

>chazzwazzers

You know how I know what country you're from?

Self rising flour and heavy cream

Maybe not as big as those, but still damn tasty and easy as fuck. No need to complicate