ITT: Things that blew your mind about cooking

>you can eat the pepper container in stuffed peppers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WxysE5M2GOw
youtube.com/watch?v=BnS-rTbFw2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jews taste better fresh from the oven.

those microwave hollandaise sauce recipes are LIES

chicken tastes better raw, just like beef.

>"tastes like chicken" is much MUCH more than just a meme

People eat pizzabones

You can stuff zucchini with its own meat

Watched pots actually do boil

7 year old me was such a smug little shit finding this out.

If you eat, you can drink more

You can eat the paper!

well, you really cant if its a green pepper. nasty flavor compared to yellow and orange and red.

you can eat the peel

you can eat the bones?

You can cook pasta in stock or sauce instead of boiling it in plain old water

That was a revelation.

crockpot pulled pork

I think I like the cooking part more than eating it. The smells and the picking at it right before it's done.

I cook mine in root beer. Mountain Dew if I'm making tacos.

Not the bones but I grew up eating the cartilage and was told it's actually pretty healthy for you

>I grew up eating the cartilage and was told it's actually pretty healthy for you

American education ladies and gentlemen!

>pizzabones
wut

t. 8-year old

he means crusts
I call these "people" polluters

Rabbit doesn't have to be tough and dry as old boots.

Why is every american such a backwoods hillbilly?

you can actually cook a steak for a little less and it tastes way better mind = blown!

>seriously being so retarded you're on a cooking board commenting about cartilage being bad for you

What meth parent planet did you get shit out of?

>Things the animal eats naturally are often great pairs with whatever protein you have
>Pork likes fruit
>Corn and eggs are friends
>there are more grains than rice
>you need more than one knife for more than one job
>there are more than just one grain and rice isn't just white
>gelatin, marrow, and cartilage are insanely healthy and essential for ragu and chili
>you can cook with more booze than just wine

Cartilage is mostly protein, enjoy your nogains

Pigs will eat anything you throw in the pen and commercial farm chickens eat a special blend of shit and rocks that usually has a soybean base. Non-commercial chickens forage for bugs.

>boiling pasta in anything but water
holy fuck you are a sick bastard.

>You can cook pasta in stock or sauce instead of boiling it in plain old water

Nigga what the fuck is wrong with you

Get ready to have your lives changed.

youtube.com/watch?v=WxysE5M2GOw

M'nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=BnS-rTbFw2g

Putting pineapples on pizza is actually pretty tasty

Seriously, this technique needs to become more popular. Stop holding yourselves back, people. Stop being stodgy pasta fundamentalists. Step into the light and see the truth.

chef john is doing jack recipes now?

You dont need to stop and stir and remove seperate parts of a microwave dinner. Its 3 bucks, its not gourmet, just nuke the fucker

How do you make pulled pork? I have unfrozen chicken breast with BBQ sauce in my crockpot right now for pulled chicken and will see how it turns out. High for 4 hours. If its not good I will improve the recepie

>How do you make pulled pork? I have unfrozen chicken breast with BBQ sauce in my crockpot right now for pulled chicken and will see how it turns out. High for 4 hours. If its not good I will improve the recepie

grill friend makes me pulled pork and she does on low for 8 hours but I just asked and she said you should be good

In addition

>If you eat, the hangover won't be as bad
That's how those cheeky Greeks can pound the ouzo without an issue.

Eggs don't eat anything though.

thanks

starving eggs is egg abuse, user

For pulled pork I usually just make a dry rub with whatever I got, lay down a bed of onions and garlic, and just throw it in for 8 hours low.

Some people use Dr. Pepper. It's ok.

This.

My mate one morning insisted that he microwave the hollandaise sauce ingredients I had just laid out. I told him to go for it to show how shit of an idea it would be.

Fucking disgusting. It formed clumps of scrambled egg, with this extremely watery yolk butter mix that was just depressing to even look at it, no volume or creaminess whatsoever.

Upvoted for truth. Hab sum reddit silber.

Your girlfriend pulled my pork last night.

And I bet it was only enough to make a slider.

>the fat american didn't know vegetables are edible

can't make this up

Thanks, OP, now I know what I'm going to start making for dinner.

other people don't have to approve of my food in order for me to enjoy it.

O B S E S S E D

For tacos just get a jar of this and cook for 3-6 hours until tender. You can brown the meat beforehand if you feel like it but it doesnt matter that much. One small jar is enough for one pork loin or about 1.5lbs of chicken.

>>you need more than one knife for more than one job

Not really, unless you're processing an animal.

O B E S E D

B

E

S

E

D

what's wrong with using stock tho

stock is basically just flavored water

Pasta needs space when its cooking so you're probably wasting a ton of stock or cooking your pasta incorrectly

>I don't make my own stock: the post

You know you can just mix stock with water you moron?

Things taste better on a tray.

lol shut up yuropoor

M E M E S

E

M

E

S

go to bed, steve

These Chinese spicy little fishes taste pretty good

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

YOU FIRST NIGGA
O
U

F
I
R
S
T

N
I
G
G
A

>NIGGA
whitebread plz

>"You've tricked me into making a WARM SALAD!!"

Oh no...

o b s e s s e d

I've heard bone marrow is really nutritious, but not cartilage. That's a little gross.
>never had marrow, can't do it the idea squicks the fuck outta me

That guy stared doing shit recipes for over 2 years ago.

What is this post trying to convey?

cows

Really? It's not some plastic stuff?

Sour what the fuck is this shit? I bought some in the checkout at a slope grocery and it was disgusting. I thought it was a green tea flavored candy cigarette.

Can you not read? It's botan rice candy.

When I was a child I didn't find it too palatable but as an adult my diet has improved considerably so it tastes better to me now that I don't eat sugar all the time.

Honestly cartilage taste so fucking good if prepared in broth or soups what a lucky bastard your parents spoiled you with food user. The health benefits are it's leaner than a chicken breast and has a fuck ton of protein per gram.

You dislike the ones stuffed with creamy cheese and pepperoni as well? Those taste pretty fucking good and feels pretty much like you are eating a hot pocket.

>Cartilage is mostly protein, enjoy your nogains
Yes, the protein that has less biological value then pretty much every other protein.

Colagen is literally only used in cartilage and fat tissues, your body gets more then enough of that from normal food. You will NOT get any gains from eating it, AT ALL.

Eating pururuca will only clog your fucking arteries with all that bad cholesterol and will not provide you with any decent proteins.

It has hardly any flavor when you cook it, dildo. Just eat it.

I call them that too.

Innards taste just as good as the muscles

Well that's not always true,I can eat too much and ouza will still have me drunk as fuck after 4-5 glasses

>That sausage is nicely brown-deh

I don't know why this made me chuckle

Kiwi skin is not only edible, it tastes pretty damn good

>cooking anything in mountain dew
>ever

For real? I've known people who ate it due to lazyness, but never for flavor. Doesn't it just taste kinda dry and dirty?

why not powerade?

same :-}

Gross. But you can pour a little bit of stock into a rice cooker for tastier rice

Reserved for turkeys.

>Colagen is literally only used in cartilage and fat tissues, your body gets more then enough of that from normal food. You will NOT get any gains from eating it, AT ALL.

Hey dumbass, your body breaks down the proteins you consume into the constituent amino acids. You get exactly as much benefit from cartilage as you do from any other digestible protein. (Indigestible proteins, such as keratin and hair, just pass through -- at least usually.)

>when they make a cream brule at your table
Still blows my mind. I didn't think you could use a flame like that out on the floor to make a dessert. I just hate how it's always burnt. It's a lot better when you get it at a non pretentious restraunt and they make it good without it being so dark on the outside

hey, this guy still thinks dietary cholesterol intake contributes to high blood cholesterol levels. i bet you think eggs are bad for you too.

I hope you're not European because we eat much much more than cartilage. Unless you're Brit, in which case just fuck off.

trollino