Stop posting and read the Greeks

Stop posting and read the Greeks.

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts
gen.lib.rus.ec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop posting thumbnails so I can read your recommendations.

I just finished reading Antigone

Which translation?

An Italian edition with Greek text included

I considered reading On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin but decided to read The Bruce by John Barbour (i'm in trouble though because I don't exactly understand the Scots language.)

Also, for what is worth Bloom recommends Fagles' translation of Antigone in his Western Canon

Bloom doesn't read Greek so he should his mouth.

Didn't he do like 5 years of classical languages or some shit?

not op so I don't have that infographic but I do have this one if that helps

Does anyone actually read this infographic? Has it helped you read later philosophy?

I've read the dark blue one (OP) posted and it's helped to keep me interested in studying philosophy and reading in general.

can't even read infographic how the hell am i gonna read the greeks

The Greeks are a meme civilization.

i've read the black one and yes, mythologies was a good grounding in common myths if a little dry

homer was far more fun to read than i was expecting, and of course reading aristotle and plato will help understand later philosophy

much like reading sophocles (and other greek dramatists) helps with understanding and appreciating later drama/literature imo

not him, but the translation in zizek's version

>The Greeks
>No Aesquilus, Sophocles or Aristophanes.
Shit taste m8

>>>>charts
>implying you couldn't get all this information from the Wikipedia page for Greek literature
charts are cancer

try saving the file and zooming in.
why not improve on it then. I was thinking it would be a good idea to add url's to each book so its easier for people to find the material, but I haven't done it...which works of Aeschylus, Sophocles and / or Aristophanes would you add?

Zoom in on (pic related) you can actually see this one...also: 4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts

forgot to mention you have to save the picture first

Don't bother with Darwin, watching a lecture on Origin would be as enlightening as reading the text itself.

Has anyone read either of the Ancient Greece histories by Sarah B. Pomeroy? They have barely any reviews on Amazon.

Wondering if there might be a better book on Ancient Greece out there.

Why should anyone read the greeks?

yes and its not bad, you can download it for free at gen.lib.rus.ec

you would have to read the Greeks to figure that one out.

>Aesquilus

are you trying to latinize his name, or are you just retarded?