Has anyone here eaten fresh rabbit before? How does it taste?

Has anyone here eaten fresh rabbit before? How does it taste?

"Fresh"?

As opposed to what? Canned? I wasn't aware that was a thing.

I'm guessing user means prepared for them/in a restaurant as opposed to buying it frozen.

I've had rabbit cassoulet before, it was very good but it's basically just like a tougher chicken. Nothing special.

boring as fuck

no fat no flavor worst than chicken breast or frog legs

literally starvation food

Thanks. I'm wanting to start raising my own food and we can't legally keep chickens here, but can have rabbits. I suppose if we slow cook them they should be a bit more tender.

Rabbit is pretty poor unless it is stewed, I hunt them all the time and usually use them to cook slowly or feed my dog.

>buying it frozen
Didn't know that was a thing either. I've only seen it on display in the same fashion as chicken or other meat.

Im vegan

dont know if it was fresh, but probably was. in france. with mustard sauce. not memorable. probably tasted like chicken. i do think we should switch to it from beef pork lamb and goat. little turd factories, who cares if they are cute.

Kinda hairy, to be honest.

It's pretty boring, like bland chicken. Worth trying just for the sake of knowing that you aren't missing anything.

Pretty close to chicken actually. I personally enjoyed it a lot, stewed it with a bit of red wine and some veggies. I wouldn't say it's boring like the others in the thread, it's like chicken with a bit more ... I dunno, I couldn't describe it without sounding like a queer.

Would I say it's worth killing your parents for? Nah, but definitely not bad.

it can be a bit hoppy

bland and tough

Its not very tasty OP. Use lots of butter and spices.

It makes me think of a blend of chicken and turkey

It's not bad, but I had it stewed with wine and prunes. It kinda takes on the flavor of what you cook it with. I like fat on my meat though so it's not something I'd eat all the time.

Rabbit satay. Tastes like dry chicken.

>protein with no fat
>starvation food
t. 600 lb participant of my 600 lb life

can you fuck a rabbit?

i ate it once in south india, my grandma made it, good lord was it fucking good. Probably one of my fondest memories.

never had it again

I usually hunt and bag 10-15 each year, plus an occasional thief that keeps raiding the garden. Anything braised or stewed that calls for chicken you can sub rabbit. When they are young, even wild rabbits are tender enough to grill or fry. I've never had domesticated but I would assume they are more tender.

actually if you don't eat fat with your protein you will starve to death, not like anyone here is in danger of that. It's called protein poisoning

I trapped, skinned, gutted and cooked a wild rabbit once. Rabbit stew on a campfire. I have never tasted anything so good in my life.