Fennel

Where do I buy a fennel bulb?

I've been to five grocery stores (in my city of about 350K people), including a locally-run "gourmet" store, and none of them had one.

Does your city have an Italian district? I'd check there if anything.

Our Kroger in this podunk shit town of 40k people in the South sells them.

>paying $9 for an overpriced onion just to suck up to eurofags
she lost. get over it

>comparing fennel to an onion

It's $2 for three of them with all the greens attached where I live
And they aren't related to onions and taste nothing like them, they taste like licorice

Whole Foods, probz.

Really? I live 15 miles outside of a town of 2500 in central Idaho and we only have 2 grocery stores. They each carry (albeit lesser quality) fennel bulbs. Just had some roasted with yam and apple as a side for dinner tonight.

Keep looking. And look for a good chowder recipe with fennel. MM-MM-MM good.

They might be calling it "anise."

Meijer

Fennel>>>>>>>>>>Onion

There's a reason every culture uses onions and fennel is a curiosity.

because it was too busy being a part of drug stores of every culture (as a cough syrup), not grocery stores

Whole Foods or pretty much any major chain grocery

what can i do with one other than salad?

i like the idea of fennel but i usually end up eating a tiny bit and it goes bad before i finish it

Soup/stock/stew

Roasted fennel maybe?

Also: fennel, orange and dill is a match made in heaven.

I get them at Kroger

Nowhere, because fennel is 100% fucking shit no matter what you do to it or what you put it in.

Fennel tastes NOTHING like onion.

900 People here in a 50 mile radius. One grocery store, one gas station and one dollar store.
It's like you guys don't even flyover.

Anise is fucking gross.

>onion

i had a dish with grilled calamari over a fennel, dill, and orange salad. it was fantastic

I don't know where OP lives but I live in British Columbia and I can get Fennel here at pretty much any grocery store. Its about $3 for a bulb at quality foods.

>fennel, purple cabbage, and jicama salad all day every day

I use it in an italian wedding soup recipe i ripped off of americas test kitchen, then use that with the rest of the broth ingredients to make some tasty maid rites.