Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

Having my 21st birthday on Sunday, and was planning to buy a bottle of liquor at the local store

Gimme reccomendations

Admiral Nelson is good.
Captain Morgan is an overpriced meme.

Go to one of the many alc threads going on right now.
My recommendation is to not buy Jack.

sailor jerry spiced rum and coca cola

unleash the kraken bby

rum and coke my friend

Ok so Sailor Jerry vs. Kraken
wat do

Irish Mist - Irish whisky made with honey. Very smooth and flavorful. Drink it straight up, or with a bit of ice.

Grand Marneir - Orange Cognac.

Ouzo - If you like licorice.

Applejack and fruit brandies.

Scotch is an acquired taste, not for beginners.

Cheap vodka mixed with welch's grape juice will get you pukin' drunk. Cheap and fast.

Rum or bourbon mixed with cola. Classic.

Tequila sucks. But, that's just me.

kraken is meme garbage

be classy. either a really nice red wine, or really good cognac, or absinthe.

A bottle of Mad Dog 2020 and an Olde English 40oz to chase, don't need the chase, but fuck it

As an engineer who works for JD I would strongly recommend starting out with a standard bottle of Gentleman Jack. It's a much more mellow sensation that lets you more fully taste the grains.

2nd

but sailor jerry isnt much better. spring an extra $10 and get cruzan single barrel

Rum and cola, or any fruit brandy. Could get shitfaced with tequila tho.

What's your word on rose wines?

What i did was buy some vodka and whiskey, do some outside research on sipping spirits if you want to be as cool and acheive alcoholsim asm e.

Vodka: Reyka
Scothc: Gelnmorangie 10year
Bourbon: Four roses

A couple bottles of cranberry wine. A nice orange liquer, grangala is good. A really nice bottle of tequila....cuervo platino is excellent.

Rum and coke

Honestly buying good alcohol for your first time is a waste of money. You won't be able to enjoy it until you're more experienced anyway.

my niggers. although i have been digging coke zero over the regular stuff

>mfw americans have to wait until they're 21 to buy alchohol

>between kraken and sailors Jerry
>jack off the table

Jack Daniels is the only acceptable answer...after that it doesn't really matter kraken and Jerry are both behind jack in quality and in won't even mention top-tier whisky because jack is already top-tier with lower price.

Tldr: drink Jack. Or don't. But you'll eventually drink jack anyway because it's the best for the price by a long long long ass shot.

I bought a liter of Bacardi Superior on my 21st birthday.

>best for the price
if you're drinking whiskey to get drunk why wouldn't you just drink vodka like a normal alcoholic college student
a handle can be had for less than $20 and will get you very fucked up for like an entire month.
you should be buying whiskey you enjoy the taste of and jack daniels is not very fucking good tbqfh

Blantons - 3 oz with .5 oz distilled water

>$20 worth of vodka
>one month

Are you 15 years old and weigh 74lbs?

I'm not a professional alcoholic user, I don't average much more than ~1 standard drink a day. If you're like me and binge drink once or twice a week, the 35-40 standard drinks you'll find in a handle of vodka will be more than enough.

>>drinking whisky to.get drunk
Iisten here you little faggot. All alcohol is to get drunk and if you can't realize that the rest of my post is pointless. Jack Daniels is objectively and wildly accepted to be the best whisky for the price.. I just polished off a fifth of vodka to get drunk on in

Interesting but I'm a 140lb autistic stick and that's no more than two days of drinking in a half gallon. It's only $11 for really drinkable Maryland vodka.
I couldn't make a full gallon last 4 days unless I was subsidizing it with weed.

Look dude if you like jack daniels then fine, but if I'm getting drunk I'm drinking vodka. Taste doesn't matter past the first few drinks anyway and you can mask vodka more easily anyway. But again, you do you. Just don't go claiming there's anything objective about it, because there isn't. What you enjoy drinking is just like what music you enjoy - sure there is a quality level to it, but if you enjoy something, just enjoy it. No shame in that.

And I do drink craft beer for the taste. Are you one of those morons that doesn't understand why someone could do something that you don't like? I happen to actually legitimately enjoy the flavor of a good beer. If you don't, that's cool, but don't go sperging just because.

You drink much more heavily than I do. 5-7 "drinks" is about what I aim for if I'm actually trying to get drunk, 2-3 if I don't really want to. I just like that comfortable numbness you get, anything past that and it starts to get into not-fun territory for me.

George Dickel is the better Jack Daniels

Actually jack Daniels has won multiple awa-
>I drink craft beer for the taste if you don't like dick than..blah blah blah
Ok, so, opinion discarded.

Point is, if you want quality whisky you'd have to pay about 3 times as much to beat Jack in quality. If you can't handle booze like the lady boy I'm replying to who recommends vodka then just pour a less stiff mixer. I can personally attest, I drank a fifth of Kraken and it's worse than Jim Beam may e Worse than Wild Turkey.

I typically get down 1 gallon of beer a day, 7% alcohol. Or a quarter gallon of 40%.
Moonshine, 80%, about three or four cups before I have to stop.

I don't get into any trouble, just sit around alone. Lupus takes a lot of money to manage, but $6 a day in beer is insanely cheap, so it's my entire pain management regiment. Some days I will drink 200 fluid oz of 7%.

Gin and Tonic fuckers.

I mean if you want to be autistic feel free. Winning awards means fuck all, taste is completely subjective and you know it. You're allowed to like Jack Daniels, I was just offering my opinion to the OP because that's what the thread is for. There's no need to get so defensive about what you like.

Damn dude, that's actually fascinating. You've got a hell of a lot of tolerance. Are traditional painkillers just not a viable choice?

passive aggressive moral high ground

>if you think jack is a good value you're autistic
>Don't argue your opinions if they oppose mine or your being defensive!

Almost any adult man will suggest Jack Daniels because it is of comparable quality to top shelf and at comparable price to bottom shelf.
Ps: I will kick your faggot ass if you keep posting these retarded fucking stock Veeky Forums responses

Get some hennessy

Patron XO - coffee liquor based on tequila. Amazing stuff.

Suggesting caffeine/liquor to a newbie.
Lul, yeah I'd op wants to vomit and wish he could pass out but can not pass out that's a good choice.

I am allergic to opiates.
I have no condition that allows me to drink more, but my metabolism is high. Drinking 1/7th of your body weight in beer over a day is quite fascinating, but I'm not sure how I got this far. I just really like sitting on the porch, drinking and staring at this amazing newfangled portable internet machine I got last year.

Heh, you got a good point. Although whiskey, especially the cheap stuff that gets suggested here, will also just destroy you.

You ever tried Patron XO? It's so good.

Nice trips. I'm trying to think of a good response but honestly...at least Jim and Jack really make you black out. At a certain decernable point you have enough then you wake up unhappy. I drink vodka and energy drinks. Most bang for buck. But, for a new drinker celebrating? He will legit know when to stop drinking jack.

Ugh. Getting drunk on whiskey almost killed me in my early twenties. It's a hardcore way to get fucked up, that's for sure. Guaranteed i wanna die-hangover too.

Vodka red bull is a lot of fun but also very destructive. Not for noobs, either.

I just stick to beer when I'm drinking for the sake of getting drunk these days. It's the safer way to do it. I find wine to be a very fun drunk too.

If op is like me in my early drinking days, he'll just drink everything and anything together. Mixing alcohol like you don't give a fuck is where the real fun and regret is at.

>it is of comparable quality to top shelf

wwwwwwwwwww

>best for the price by a long long long ass shot
Are you forgetting about Jim Beam white? Bottom shelf as fuck, cheap as fuck, and tastes a hell of a lot better than the regular JD.

>
>>best for the price by a long long long ass shot
>Are you forgetting about Jim Beam white? Bottom shelf as fuck, cheap as fuck, and tastes a hell of a lot better than the regular JD.
Also, makers mark. One of two dollars more, but a whole lot nicer.

>still getting butthurt and defensive about his liquor choice
>starts pulling out Internet tough guy bullshit
is your dick that small dude? I can't imagine being this easily upset. Consider mixing in some bleach with your Jack next time.

How old are you? Just curious

Makers mark is pretty good desu. It's also a fair bit more expensive than jack though.
Honestly that jack daniels dude is missing out if that's the only whiskey he drinks.

>you're mad!
>your dicks small!
>you're mad again!
>drink bleach!

Nice argument a I totally I see a why I Jack Daniels is shit now. Slit your wrists and do push ups.

You can't seriously pull this shit when your first response to me was namecalling. If you're just shitposting then fine, you got me.

Besides, I never even said jack daniels was shit, just that its not very good (with the implicit suffix in my opinion because it's booze and there's basically nothing objective about taste here). I'm not the one getting bent out of shape that some loser on the Internet doesn't share my taste.

Anyway, have a good one. Hope the Jack gets you just as drunk as you want.

jimmy tastes better than jack and costs a tiny bit less

I'll fucking kill you. I'll rape your mom with a knife until she dies.

I live about an hour from you. Meet and fuck?

Reyka is damn good for it's price

Bottle of tanqueray no 10, few bottles of decent tonic, bag of limes, ice. Fill glass with ice, add 2/3 tonic, 1/3 gin, run a slice of lime around the edge of the glass and drop it in, drink.

You can build an empire on two drinks, and the other's tea.

How much do you want to spend?

I personally would recommend a nice scotch like Laphroaig. It should be between $30 to $50 depending on your state's taxes. If your spending limit is up to $100-$150, look for Edradour SFTC Sassicaea.

Jack Daniels is awful, BTW. If you really want to try it, get a miniature for a couple of bucks, or buy a shot at a bar. It's basically a fast route to oblivion for hardcore alcoholics; there's no subtlety or real flavor to it, just burning from the alcohol.

daily reminder that pic related is Jack Daniels with a higher ABV, better flavor, more aging, cooler marketing, and a lower price tag

>God damn you're about 1 step away from being a " I drink craft beer for the taste" faggot at which point i, like most of the world's will just ignore/mock you.
Why else would someone drink craft beer? For the same price as a six-pack of Stone or Ballast Point I could get an entire case of Genny Cream. It's pretty obvious that taste is craft beer's best selling point, not its value or the quickness of getting drunk while drinking it.

>Jack Daniels is awful, BTW
it doesn't taste bad, it's just overpriced and kinda boring

It's marketed toward people who don't want to try anything new, challenging, or novel.

Yeah, but Evan Williams is the king of shelf bourbon.

>Scotch is an acquired taste, not for beginners.
Speyside Scotch was the first whisky to convince me that whisky can taste good. It's literally the gateway drug which leads to fine bourbons and Islays. So I strongly disagree with this advice.

>rick and morty reaction image
everything you said was invalidated before you started

Just get cruzan spiced rum, probably my favorite decently cheap rum and can easily gauge the effects of drinking compared to whiskey

Lul, what kind of autistic faggot gets mad about a cartoon reaction image?

If you don't like the show that's fine who cares but being a mad faggot about it just makes you look like an absolute tard.

go back to /int/ retard

Dark Rum//Whisky if you want something to mix with cola.
Vodka/Gin/White Rum if you prefer juice. Tom Collins is a personal favorite of mine. It's gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water.

Dunno what state you're in, so pricing may vary, but I wouldn't spend much more than $20 on a fifth. Expensive alcohol can be nicer, but unless you want to drink it straight it'll be real difficult to tell the difference. This should be fairly obvious, but avoid anything that comes in a plastic jug, it's not worth it no matter how cheap.

Honey jack and sweet tea. Tastes like maple pancakes.

t. Man drinking it right now

I want churrumaiz now

>menthols
Are you a nigger?

Just get green apple ciroc my nigga DJ khalid said thats his favorite vodka

Having my 18th birthday and I'm going to pick up some whisky because I've been drinking for years

triggered?