QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

How does one make the white sauce thick without starch or flour?

Slightly related: How long do i wait until i can cut leaves off a basil plant?

heavy cream or creme fraiche

yeah it ain't gonna be good for you

i've had x for y days is it still ok to eat

You don't really have to wait. Once they're the size of your thumb or slightly bigger, chop them up.

I have never grown basil but pretty much anyone can figure this out. It's an edible plant at all stages of growth, so eat it.

Heavy cream sauces like Alfredo have you bring heavy cream to a simmer, which then thickens it well. This does not work with milk, so don't even try.

What would be the less shitty solution? Just use flour?

I planted the seeds for my plant about 3 weeks ago. The first leaves are ready to eat. If you're unsure just rub them. If they give of their typical scent they're perfect to eat.

But they are generally edible in literally any stage of their growth, so just give it a try! :)

Once again I've never grown basil but I would let the plant root spread for another two weeks before pissing it off personally.

the advantage of making a roux or cornstarch slurry is the thickening is simply a matrix containing mostly water, as opposed to cream which relies on butterfat exclusively. It's a lot less calories.

It's just like how fiber rich foods tend to be less calorie dense than low fiber foods. Fiber holds many times its weight in water so you get full quicker. One of the many reasons to eat your vegetables

after they flower they get bitter, remember to pinch off those buds

isn't white sauce literally just milk butter and flour?

if you want just thick fatty milk, use cream.

you can boil some of the water out of it to thicken it.

Eggs. Potato puree

white sauce will set, cream will not unless the dish has a lot of carbs in it like potato gratin. It's also slightly less expensive and calorific if you care about that sort of thing

masturbate less and it'll become thicker

Is it okay to buy any spices in bulk? If so which ones and how should they be stored (freeze them?)?

Also what spices should be bought whole and ground yourself?

9/10

What does "QTDDTOT" stand for?

>Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

here is what Jacque Pepin says about white sauces/stocks and thickening.

i.e. 90% of this board

It's a trick that shills used on other boards to make more room for advertising threads by confining actual discussion of interesting topics into their own separate but equal bantustan