Smart People General

ITT post puzzles, codes, and riddles and try to solve them. Is Veeky Forums really as smart as they say?

Code:

Trochee spondee, molossus, anapaest. Proceleusmatic, iamb, pyrrhus iamb, you. Iamb choree, iamb, tribach, tribach, you, dactyl. Long, tetrabrach, you. Long, you, molossus, long.

Brothers sisters I have none,
Don't speak to me or my wife's son.

Who am I?

god

Donald Trump?

There is a planet floating in space with a population of 101. 50 of the people on the planet have blue eyes, and 50 of the people on the planet have brown. There is a queen on the island with green eyes. This society on the planet has a few strange rules.

1. Any reflective surfaces are banned
2. All forms of communication are banned
3. Any citizen who knows for certain the color of their own eyes much take get in a space shuttle and leave the island forever. That space shuttle leaves once every night.

One day, the queen emerges from her hut and says a single sentence to her people. "I see someone with blue eyes." She then returns to her hut and says no more.

Assuming everyone follows the rules of the planet, and everyone on the planet is a perfect logistician, who leaves the planet and when?

random stepdad next question

cuck

I don't get it. His dad?

The queen is exiled that night for communicating.

I have 2n pieces of candy for n>1 an integer. Present a method for dividing all my candy into two piles so that each pile has a prime number of pieces of candy.

I thought it went without saying that the Queen can break that rule

NOTHING GOES WITHOUT SAYING IN A PUZZLE.

I'm the dork from the other thread. If you don't know it already, can you solve my puzzle?

I think anyone is exiled just by knowing their colors of eyes not by communicating

Here's a pretty simple probability problem:

You have a box with 100 pieces of string in it. You randomly choose two ends and tie them together. Repeat until there are no more loose ends. How many loops do you expect to have made?

My apologies, my apologies

Amendment: the Queen can break the rules

There is no wordplay or thinking outside the box in this puzzle, just logic

Please not maths problems I'm a retard

Everybody can count the 50 people of the other color and the 49 of their own and conclude their eye color. The queen communicated. Everybody "has to go back".

I'd say you'd most likely end up with a single loop, as you always have a greater probability of adding to a chain already established than randomly choosing the two ends of that chain

she was only addressing one person

No one! Because the queen can't contact with them since she is in an island

The director of a prison offers 100 death row prisoners, who are numbered from 1 to 100, a last chance. A room contains a cupboard with 100 drawers. The director randomly puts one prisoner's number in each closed drawer. The prisoners enter the room, one after another. Each prisoner may open and look into 50 drawers in any order. The drawers are closed again afterwards. If, during this search, every prisoner finds his number in one of the drawers, all prisoners are pardoned. If just one prisoner does not find his number, all prisoners die. Before the first prisoner enters the room, the prisoners may discuss strategy—but may not communicate once the first prisoner enters to look in the drawers. What is the prisoners' best strategy?

Note: the best strategy gives over a 30% chance of survival.

There is no logical reason to assume the island is split 50/50 from the perspective of a citizen. They know it could easily be 49/51

Fuck, I meant planet, not island. I changed it from island (the original puzzle) because most people say "they look in their reflection in the water" when it's an island

everyone leaves on the 50th night

Close but no

I assume you already heard the puzzle and then forgot a piece of the answer

oh wait yeah it should be 51st. On the 50th night they know there are 50 people with blue eyes. Everyone leaves the next night

Again close, but no

50 go away and 51 stay

Three logicians walk into a bar. Bartender says "Y'all want beer?" The first logician says "I don't know." The second logician says "I don't know," and the third logician says "Yes!"

kek

SO CLOSE

Kek, that's a fantastic joke. Thank you user

gosh idk then

You're only thinking from the perspective of the blue eyed people

>SO CLOSE

Well yeah the queen doesn't leave. I think 50 would leave and 50 would stay? I'm not thinking very hard about this though.

is it that the 50 blue eyed people leave on the 50th night and the rest leave on the next night?

?????? Everyone leaves by the 100day but the queen stay

If I am blue eyed I see 49 other blues so on the 50th night I know I am blue because... ?

>gosh
pls leave my planet fgt

>tfw too smart for this thread

49 go 52 stay fagget

Ok then tell me the expected number of loops I'll have in the string problem and also the best strategy for the prisoners.

Exactly, that's the answer

cupboards don't have drawers. it was just a surreal dream

>Exactly, that's the answer

Why does the queen leave?

Well, no not the queen. I assumed that user meant the 100 with blue/brown eyes

Do we know whether the people know how many people are on the planet and how much of each color there are? Can more than one person leave at a time?

Yes, more than one people can leave at a time, and no, they don't know how many of each color are on the planet. They know it could easily be 49/51

And yeah, they can look around and count how many other people are on the island

I'm Why wouldn't, on the first day, all of the blue-eyed people count 49 blue-eyed people and 50 brown-eyed people and realize they have blue eyes? So on the first day, all of the blue-eyed people would leave, and then all the brown-eyed people would leave the next day. Why are the 50 days needed?

I'm >they don't know how many of each color are on the planet
Didn't realize this. Never mind then, makes sense

The way to solve this puzzle is to first image a planet with on blue eyed, one brown eyed, and one queen. Then move up to two of each. Keep increasing until you understand the pattern

Try that and see if it makes sense

I am blue eyed. I know there is at least one blue eyed person. I also know there are at least 49 blue eyed people and 50 green eyed people. It is the 50th night. Why does the information I have tell me that I have blue eyes? I don't see how the queen's information is not redundant.

Can anyone explain exactly why it takes 50 days? I wanna make sure you understand it

That's what's so lovely about the puzzle. Do what I recommend hereIt will help you understand what's going on

I think there are some important unstated assumptions in the problem. When the queen speaks, can she see everyone's eyes at once?

Yes, but what the queen herself knows is irrelevant to the problem. She's just a way of broadcasting that message to the civilians

>mfw Veeky Forums is exposed to babby's first /STEM/ problem

Give us a hard logic-only puzzle then, o ye wise one