Do you butterfly your chicken breast?

Do you butterfly your chicken breast?

Depends what I'm doing with it.

only if stuffing it

yea this

I usually just pound it flat and pan roast it

I only buy chicken thigh normally but if I've made chicken cordon bleu with butterflied chicken breast

No, because i don't eat flavorless foods.

>I can't cook

>I waste my money on flavorless proteins
Buy chicken thighs instead, doofus.

how come all the chicken breasts I buy are like 5 inches thick at the top while all the cooking videos show chicken breasts that are like 3 inches max, even before pounding them to an even thickness

Probably water-injected and you live in a shitty place.

To answer OP's question, it entirely depends on what you're doing with it. I would halve it if doing chicken parmesan, but not if I was doing something like making it a meal, or chicken dumpling soup, etc. This is really a stupid question.

>I would halve it if doing chicken parmesan, but not if I was doing something like making it a meal

is chicken parmesian not a meal?

>i can't cook

whole chicken master race

You're buying shitty chicken, that's why. It's not normal for a chicken breast to be incredibly thick.

In america they are bred to have large breasties. Unless you are paying 7 bucks a lb for chicken from some yokel farm.

what does having whole chickens rather than parts have to do with cooking skills? You know there are butchers don't you?

I buy chicken thighs and remove the skin and as much fat as I can on a casual pass with shears. I don't take all day about it.

But I'm not some 33 year old white basic bitch, so I don't have chicken breast

>In america they are bred to have large breasties.

Yes, that's what I meant. this is not normal. It's indicative of shitty factory-farmed chicken.

>>Unless you are paying 7 bucks a lb for chicken from some yokel farm.

$12 at at Asian market will get a free-range chicken that actually has good flavor (and doesn't have fuckhuge mutant breasts)

>>what does having whole chickens rather than parts have to do with cooking skills?

I wasn't the guy who posted that, but IMHO it makes more sense to buy whole chickens because that's even cheaper than just thighs. Bone-out the meat yourself and then you get the skeleton to make stock from, which any cook is constantly in need of.

Chicken breasts are a meme. Chicken thighs are much better.

Everyone, except white Americans, knows this

semantics, like just serving seared chicken breast with rice and vegetables for example

The FUCK are you doing? What kind of ginormous faggot throws away essential parts of the animal? You may as well be buying boneless skinless.

>$12 at at Asian market will get a free-range chicken
And that chicken would be 2 - maaaybe 2.5lbs.

My butcher sells me chicken frames/backs for 75cents a piece. I made a gallon of stock just last Wednesday with pigs feet, chicken feet, thigh bones and a few frames. I think it cost me like $4 bucks. Become a regular with your butcher and he'll hook you up. The only reason to buy whole chickens is to roast a whole chicken

webm related my stock before second skimming.

>And that chicken would be 2 - maaaybe 2.5lbs.

I buy them quite often, I've never gotten one less than 3.4 lbs; usually they are pretty close to 4. Yes, that is less than a normal supermarket chicken but I'll gladly pay the extra money because the flavor is so much better.

>> I made a gallon of stock just last Wednesday with pigs feet, chicken feet, thigh bones and a few frames
Nice, I do the same. I've got a fantastic hookup too. My butcher cooks a lot of rotisserie chickens, then "pulls" the meat and uses that for sandwiches and chicken salad that they sell from their in-house deli. They save the frames for me! Well, some of them. If I took them all I'd have several dozen each week.

What are you gonna make with that stock?

He just said he removes it.. not throws iti away. But i agree. Make some broth!

Usually I portion it out into 1qt/2c/1cup deli containers and use them for typical applications, but the majority of this one is going to be a consomme. Got a bunch of frozen egg whites in the fridge to get rid of and I'm going to have oral surgery on Monday morning for an implant after cracking a molar below the roots. So soup for me for a few days.

>Do you butterfly your chicken breast?

And the cat sours the basil! Rolf would love to talk politics, but I must see your invitation.

i live in newport beach though

>california

underrated post

murican chicken

i do because im bad at cooking and im scared to cook thick cuts of chicken fearing it will be undercooked in the middle.

Right before I microwave it for 15 seconds then wrap it around my dick and pump 'til I dump.

Dafuq. You don't pound chicken breast.

I always buy full chickens and break them down myself. Sometimes I butterfly the breasts

I butterfly if I am grilling. 5 minutes on each side, medium heat. The best grilled chicken.

>t. can't cook

i used to pound it out until it was flat like i butterflied it but it always tore the chicken. i butterfly it now. never really considered it until pepin did it.