This is the meat of 400 atlantic soft shell clams

this is the meat of 400 atlantic soft shell clams

You gonna masturbate with it or what?

i'm canning them

Is that a tablespoon? You didn't provide scale in your pic.

it's a 4 quart bowl

Boring
Just try fucking a few of them

he might can them in cum, just watch

how's this?

What happened to the clams? Did you grind them into liquid?

no. i'm canning the leftover clam jizz water separately
see

Why do you need all those clams and clam juice?

why do you think?

I don't know, to sell them? Because you're a prepper? For (you)s? Tell me jackass.

>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking

Mostly people use food to eat. Mostly.

i like clams but i'm picky about where my food comes from so i drive to the coast every year and pick up a year's supply at the begging of clam digging season

Smart man. In July when I can get really fresh wild caught salmon I always smoke it and can up a bunch. I can my homemade stocks too. Wish I could get really fresh clams, I'd follow your lead on that, too.

Looks foul. Why not buy smoked salmon at a deli or grocery like a normal person?

>when I can get really fresh wild caught salmon I always smoke it and can up a bunch
>when i can get really fresh
>i immediately can it so it's no longer fresh but rather canned
>because fuck logic amirite
Dude... do you listen to the shit you say?

>buying corporately mass-marketed canned foods in water is the same as preserving at home

fresh food doesn't last forever and home canned stuff actually preserves fresh flavor and is not even remotely in the same category as corporate canned food

Imbecile. I can get it for one month a year and am eating it fresh continually at that time too. I also make lox. But I will guarantee you, following The University of Alaska guidelines on smoking the salmon at relatively low temperatures to keep it partially undercooked prior to canning is far superior to anything you will ever buy in terms of canned salmon. And guess what? The only additive is salt. The oil is the own oil produced from the salmon itself, fucknut.

Do Americans really eat this?

I am all for people canning at home and I think what you're doing is awesome, but
>muh corporate
Companies aren't evil, it's just that most people don't want to pay for or do the work for the quality of food you're going for. There is a reason some canned goods are high priced or praised, and it's not because they're not done by a corporation. It's because they're treated well all through the process.

There is a reason some canned goods are high priced or praised, and it's not because they're not done by a corporation
>It's because they're treated well all through the process.

???

you sound like someone who doesn't know the first thing about what they're trying to make a comment on but feels the need to chirp in anyway

kek

Set aside some of those to sauté in butter, wine, and garlic. Then invite me over.

Why would you think that? Think about the canned goods that people like and are praised by those who know food, then think about why those products are good.
It's not that difficult to understand even if you don't know much about food, and you sound like a jerk who's just trying to think about things long enough to try to rag on someone else.

>Think about the canned goods that people like and are praised by those who know food

ok.. i'll bite

name one

no, samefag
you're still retarded

do you eat the cum?

not him but chefs prefer to use canned tomato rather than fresh for sauce. One even said if he saw us "wasting" a good fresh tomato on sauce he'd cut our hand off. Fresh tomatos were for tomato salads and the freshness was wasted on long simmered dished.

you mentioned multiple things with the tone of response, yet none of them responded to his concern. it looked like an attempt to droll on under the guise of a coerced reply

>following The University of Alaska guidelines ... is far superior to anything you will ever buy in terms of canned salmon.
What if you sold your canned salmon? Then I could buy canned salmon of exactly the same quality (technically you're the only one unable to buy it).
Do you think nobody thought of that? Do you think the University of Alaska ban businesses from reading their guidelines?
Some companies makes cheap shitty cans, some make good and more expensive ones. Availability depends on your local store/supermarket. Maybe your neighbour makes the best honey in the country and sells it at the local farmer market, but nobody knows about him because he's not advertising with a hipster beard on the logo.

Maybe you should stop buying the cheapest food available and then complain about low quality. (You could try moving to Yurop where people care significantly more about highest quality/price than Muricans only looking at lowest price/weight. Or any state where your cans would sell.)

It's sauter here, infinitive.

>Maybe you should stop buying the cheapest food available and then complain about low quality.

That's my point, I don't. I proactively solve the problem, as OP does, by canning the most high quality fish or seafood in the manner to produce the best texture and flavor possible.

I got the idea for researching canned smoke salmon from a fishing trip to the Pacific NW where you could turn in your fresh caught salmon to a small scale cannery in return for their smoked canned salmon. It was godtier, but not sold on a wide market at all. Of course they are out of business now. You'll find nothing like it now except perhaps in very localized communities.

It's ironic people have challenged anyone in the US to give an example of a mass produced canned seafood product of high quality, and no one can, yet you still argue petulantly that corporate slime is equal or better.

>mass produced
Where did I talk about mass production?
Large scale production isn't bad per se, but a company trying to reduce costs by mass producing will obviously also cut quality.
Also it's not my fault your country can't into food, you fat fuck.

think youre a big man huh

>fatfuck
>6'3 215lbs

Lel, you silly SOB. Btw, why were you even trying to talk about US canning? And since you're so proud of European quality of canned seafood or fish, post a pic of the best you got and how much it costs.

it's against the law in most of the first world to sell home canned low acid foods because of botulism

the lower temperatures involved in production always yield superior results, without exception

why are you defending shitty food so hard?

cororate shill

There is a big fucking difference between "the flavor of quality products will be lost when cooked so use something shittier because it doesn't matter" and "this product is actually legitimately good on its own". Chefs also don't cook with extra virgin olive oil, they cook with the cheapo stuff, not because it's good but because the quality doesn't matter and because evoo smokes at low temps anyways.

yes. which is why i'd rather eat my own food at home 99% of the time

don't need an overpriced, underwhelming meal prepared by a professional penny pincher aka chef

Are you kidding me?
OK, apparently not.

There is a huge difference in how items are selected and treated throughout the canning process which will result in different product.
Go buy the cheapest canned salmon you can find, then buy one that is high quality and tell me you don't notice the difference in the amount of blood vein, bones, cartilage, amount of good quality chunk meat as opposed to practically shredded bits that do not taste nearly as much like good salmon should. Of course most people would prefer to eat it fresh vs canned unless the canning process is integral in the production, as in pickling.

In the case of extra virgin oils, the flavors go off well before they reach the smoke point, and some oils, like high quality cold pressed oils, loose a lot of the volatile flavors with even a small amount of heat. It would be wasteful to destroy those subtleties instead of highlighting them. Refined oils come in all different qualities as well, and a lot of restaurants don't automatically go for the cheapest one they can find. They use the one they believe best fits their purpose. I worked at a place that used highly refined olive oil in the deep fryer. It was more expensive (no, not nearly as expensive as EVOO, as it shouldn't have been by any means) and did not last as long as typical oil made for deep frying, but they believed their customers appreciated it.

Gross.

Wtf? What's "eww, yucky" about fresh clams?

Look at them.

they look like mushrooms too be quite frank and honest sir

Looks nasty, do not want.

Looks like mushed up brains with old banana stems mixed in.

>how to waste the meat of 400 atlantic soft shell clams
ftfy

who's going to eat 400 clams before they spoil?

Do these really keep for a long time? I'd be nervous to eat shelf-stable seafood.

Canned food lasts indefinitely assuming that it is processed properly and the cans/jars don't suffer any mechanical damage after canning that damages the seal.

>indefinitely
Nah, only a few decades. Texture and taste becomes weird after 50 years.

I was referring to safety rather than flavor, but yeah, you're right that the flavor and the texture can degrade after several decades.