G.R.R.Martins ASOIAF "Game of thrones" General theory discussion

What do you think Littlefingers end game is?

Who really built the wall?

Who do you think will "win" the game of thrones?

>to be a humongous faggit

> hehe magic

>Jon snow and deanerys get married

>What do you think Littlefingers end game is?
To be a shonen anime-tier villain who does everything according to keikaku in increasingly bullshit ways before being killed in the second-to-last book, thus removing the last remnant of the political thriller aspect of the series and turning it into full-on good vs. evil fantasy schlock.

>Who really built the wall?
Bran, who sends his spirit back in time at the end and hijacks someone's mind to make them build it in a stable time loop, with the final twist being the Bran we know in the series actually being Bran the Builder.

>Who do you think will "win" the game of thrones?
Jon and Caloreesi will marry and le meme dwarf will be their hand.

>He is one of the smartest people in the story and clearly likes the ladies.
>Who's magic?
>Just no..

This guy gets it.

Though I think that while Jon and Danny will marry Danny will then die in the final battle, leaving Jon with the Iron Throne. And he'll be the best King because he never wanted to be one.

You are all crazy. Maybe that will happen in the terrible TV show but the books will never end anywhere near that happy.

Tfw you don't even know if it's redditors or ironic shitposting anymore

There's people that genuinely like the books. I can't understand it but well...

How is this a shitpost? Its a serious group of questions about a fantastic book series?

I would have had better luck posting in /b/. You Veeky Forums people are just retarded.

>What do you think Littlefingers end game is?
In his own words, everything.
>Who really built the wall?
I don't know who built it, but I do know the Wildilings were made to pay for it.
>Who do you think will "win" the game of thrones?
GRRM's pockets.

Perhaps you mean

>What is Littlefinger's endgame?

To literally Jew himself into power. That's clearly been the core point of his character, his ability to dismantle the less coin-savvy feudal types through the manipulation of their finances. He basically invests federal tax money into private property which is under his name, thereby tying up capital for himself and accruing federal debt with the Iron Bank. Pretty much half the houses in Westeros are going to go flat-broke with unpaid loans to the Iron Bank, to the point where they will be forced to support the candidate with the most capital to repay those loans. Likewise, the Braavosi will be down with helping a fellow Braavosi get to power, especially since Baelish would be seen as more friendly to mercantile interests. Most of his other scheming is in attempt to gain the feudal legitimacy that he lacks and will need to pull the whole thing off, or to make allies who will be useful to his cause until he pulls it off. For you.

>Who really built the Wall?

God-Emperor Bran "The Builder" Trump. Probably aided by some Children-of-the-Forest magic shit.

>Who do you think will "win" the Game of Thrones?

No one. The whole thing is an anti-war parable, because GRRM is a fat hippie. The Iron Throne will be demolished to make Valyrian Steel swords to fight the White Walkers, we'll find out the White Walkers aren't even that evil, and everyone will just be real fucking confused. The series will probably end with another Pact where Humans and Magical Forest Fucks and Magical Winter Fucks live in harmony, with a bunch of main characters dead for le feels.

>Unironically reading genre fic

lol

I believe the wall was built by the others as a last line of defence during the war of the dawn and when they were defeated humans and the children claimed it as they're own as the final insult. Winners write the history books after all.

fuck off to /tv you degenerate plebeians.

Pretentious douche.

Agree with everything except the Bran theory.

I really don't see the problem when the guy made a containment thread for it. Game of Thrones is schlock, yes, but it is contained schlock, where the people who enjoy it can talk about it.

wah wah no adults allowed in my thread wahhh

To be fair, I've never been interested in who built the Wall, so the answer is likewise uninformed on all the theories behind it. In general, I'm pretty uninterested in the magical elements in the series. R'hllor is interesting, but more in the sense of it being a parallel to Islam, not so much the "Melisandre is basically a juiced version of That's So Raven" thing.

No the Adults are having a good conversation, If anything going out of your way to come into my thread and insult my interests for no constructive reason is anything by adult.

A-user, it was a Trump joke

The big question for me is how much characters have been using the magical elements to influence the politics of the story. i,e Glass candles influencing dreams, Bloodraven influencing dreams and probably Ghost, and Quaith influencing almost everything Dany does.

OP, in case you were wondering why you are being shitposted on so much, it's because the sci-fi and fantasy fiction containment thread is here:

I know. I was just replying with my theory for the sake of discussion.

Thanks user, however I will stay here. ASOIAF is to epic in scale to merge with a general thread.

>tfw

Name any other series of books with as much depth of story?

Harry Potter

Pendragon

The hunger games

That's a joke right?

Diary of a wimpy kid

That hat is excellent and I want one. Where did you get it user?

So is Slick Victarion going to actually succeed with winning over Dany if he takes Slaver's Bay? Is Euron somehow going to kill him from across the world? There's no way Euron trusts Victarion with something so important after he raped his wife

I think there is no way he will succeed in courting or stealing her. I think he will use the mystery ship full of pork and the Valyrian horn Dragonbinder to try and steal a dragon. What happens from there I'm not sure.

there are singular books with more depth than the franchise

>Game of Thrones

I heard a theory about how Dragonbinder isn't made to tame dragons but tame people, the name just comes from Valyrians liking to slap dragons on everything
Something about how Euron made one of his men blow it and he won the Kingsmoot, then when said man died everyone doubted their choice in Euron, etc

There's no way GRRM can live up to the expectations of all these theories unless he makes one Deus Ex Machina after another

I disagree, I think the reason he is taking so long to write the books is because he is painstakingly fleshing out everyone of these intricate story's within the story. Can you think of a single Ex machina moment in the books so far? I can't.
As for the people binder theory I think it has a lot of merit and could also be on the right path. Either way that horn is important and will play a role in the story to come. As for your idea of Euron killing my man Vic from across the sea I honestly think he does not give a damn about marrying Dany because like you said why would he send a man who's wife he raped to bring Dany to him. What's your take a Moquoro the red priest that they mysteriously found in the ocean after he was washed off tyrions ship?

Name one?

The Fault in Our Stars

The Metamorphosis

to take an example from genre fiction, Dune.

Mrs Dalloway

literally anything from the starter kit, which does not have difficult books on it

You got me there on the Deus Ex Machina point, maybe I didn't use the right terms to describe my point, as for Moquoro, I have no idea. I feel as though Euron and Moquoro are both manipulating Vic in ways the reader does not understand yet. Seeing as how Moquoro is a red priest and knows the Valyrian on Dragon Binder, I'd guess he's gonna be integral to getting one of the dragons but I couldn't guess his end game

Infinite Jest
Gravity's Rainbow
Ulysses

I can taste you sarcasm

^*your

The ^ is unnecessary

Well the obvious answer I think is that he would be wanting to support Dany because Red god,Comet,Dragons and all that but it's never really that simple. Victarion's demon arm is probably going to have a roll to play, I'm thinking he can control it or influence Victarion through it in some way.

Why does Veeky Forums hate this series so much? Is it just contrarianism, or something more?

My diary tbph

Holy...

For the same reason we hate "A Fault in our Stars". Partially because the books are low quality (You can't pretend the portion about Danerys shitting for hours was quality writing.) and partially due to contrarianism.

I agree GRRM is not a good writer but I think he's an excellent storyteller and some of his characters are extremely enjoyable to read.

I used to enjoy the series a lot, but I started reading them in 2002.
Now I'm just disgusted, with the television series and Martin's obvious disinterest.

I get the feeling that Martin doesn't give a shit, he's a fat fuck who has made a ridiculous amount of money and is frustrated that his writing mistakes have tied him in a knot that he can't be bothered to work out of.

The TV show will do a half-assed conclusion to his story then he'll drop dead.

So, when GRRM dies who do you think will finish it?

>reading for plot

>