Do you use coupons when you shop for groceries?

Do you use coupons when you shop for groceries?

nope

no, I just get an automatic 5% discount on the total, from my credit card company

much easier and not embarrassing like clipping coupons and holding up the line like an asshole

Used to when Publix accepted all coupons. My wife was one of those extreme coupon types. We' d get $1000/avg. worth of shit and most times not pay a damn thing. Felt like a rapist leaving the scene of the crime but fuck it.

>We' d get $1000/avg. worth of shit and most times not pay a damn thing.

What? I think you're exaggerating there a bit. Did kek though.

>Not stacking discounts
10% off + 5% off is better than just 5% off

I shop at kroger and they have a decent app.
Can just load coupons onto the card and they are used automatically at checkout so it doesn't waste any time. I probably save $25 or more every trip so it's definately worth it.

no i buy things in bulk for maximum savings

no coupon has tomatoes at $0.20/lb

I only really shop at kroger, and I got a kroger card so yeah. Also I almost always use the McDonald's app when I'm getting my weakly nug fix.

Looking at the info on the box tells me this is $0.38 total for several hundred tomatoes.
This doesn't exist in america. Sorry.

I often do. My grocery store puts stacks of coupons next to related items or straight up tapes them to the item so sometimes I'd have to go out of my way not to save money.

It's literally not worth the time I would spend reading newsletters, cutting out coupons, and then being the asshole tripling the time it takes at checkout.

Besides, you save a shitton more money by cutting out as much prepackaged food from your diet as possible.

Actually no. That was the avg. We've gotten over $2000 in one trip. That was with us ending up with a negative balance and them giving us gift cards to zero it out. Glad you got a laugh out of it though.

i tried that, i saved a lot on about two items but the rest was just crap i didn't need , or like five cents off if you buy seventeen of this item

Only for items that I use. I see a lot of coupons for stuff that I do not eat or a lot of such as 30 things of yogurt to save $1.

I'm not a 40 year old housewife, no.

If they have them just hanging there, yeah. It's one of the things HEB got right.

don't feel too bad -- odds are they broke even at least when mfg paid the coupons out

Nope, Costco doesn't take them. When I was younger and shopped at Kroger, I would use them because they were mailed to me based upon what I usually bought. But now its not really worth my effort to search out savings that are fairly minor.

what did he mean by this?

Sometimes. I usually have the same core grocery list. The register poops out manufacturer coupons from brands of items I bought a few months ago, so I switch back and forth in phases based on those. When one of them is on sale, I stack it with those coupons. Every other month there is a magical shopping trip in which the total is 50% less. With only a stack of 5-10 of those coupons in my pocket, by fucking with the algorithms in this way, I shave $300 off my grocery bills per year. I like to feel I'm doing my part to force companies to stay price-competitive.

You don't need coupons if you actually cook. Coupons are for garbage in boxes and cans

>I shop(ped) at kroger
how to spot a flyover in one post

FUCK NO
Unless you consume bulk, and even then....
DAAAMN save 55 cents if I buy 20 avocados now
This is so worth it
FIFTY FIVE
CENTS

Peanut butter jello clock?