Count of Monte Cristo group readthrough

Is this still happening? Last thread died and no one remade.

Folder for ebook and audiobook.

mega.nz/#F!NIcBwCYL!ZZo5gGqjat1yL_-RkuzZFw

plsreply

there's a W&P read through happening right now. Why compete?

A number of people in the previous thread had showed interest. I assume they aren't participating in the W&P readthrough, so starting another shouldn't really be competing.

I plan on reading along.

I plan on joining in.

OP of last thread here. Yep still happening. Was going to post the first thread tomorrow. Just hit midnight here.

So yeah. Have those first chapters read by some time tomorrow. We got enough interest to make this a thing.

Just finished W+P before the read through came up, so will be glad to join in this one.

Oh wait I got the date wrong. Ignore my retardation. 23rd is Friday. Seeing this thread spooked me for a moment. First thread on FRIDAY so have the chapters read by then.

Kind of arbitrary question, but about how many pages a day is this reading schedule?

~50
I also got told a few times in the last thread that this is a suprisingly quick read, which is good in my opinion, better to have people ahead of schedule than hopelessly behind.

Suits me, thanks.

So what happens at the end of the 23rd? Do we discuss in a channel or thread or something?

I've had an unread copy in pristine condition sitting on my bookshelf for 5 years. I'm down.

I picked up a copy today. It's a Vintage one (no lesbianism for me) but that can't be avoided because my local bookstore is shit.

I'm in Australia so I'm not sure when the threads will be around but I'll read the chapters during the day anyway

I'm planning to join in the discussion as well op. You're doing gods work,.

I'm in also, is someone going to make a discord or something

Was just planning on making threads. I think the W&P guys decided against a discord in the end.

I will probably post the first thread around 2pm GMT. America and euros will have a good chunk of the day to shitpost about what we have read while reading the chapters for the next day.

Finished those first 5 chapters. Just gunna bump to keep visibility so people know this is still happening.

Thank god my copy came in today. How long should i take reading the chapters cause i am trash at speedreading books like other anons on Veeky Forums?

Didn't take me very long and I am a slow reader. The chapters are short which helps with momentum.

You can do it user. Read a chapter then take a short break if your attention span is shit like mine.

I'm keen. My reading comprehension is honestly pretty poor but I'll do my best to keep up :)

:-D

I've already seen the movie, albeit I was a kid, but should I still read this having been tainted?

The book is a fuck ton longer than the movie so you should be fine even if you know the basic plot already

first thread is up

Yes, it's worth it, great book, very captivating.