Uniforms in the restaurant industry

Post what you wear on line and where you got it. Pepper pants need not apply. I'll start with a local brand in Alberta.
mediumrarechef.com

Other urls found in this thread:

m.a-mont.com
lostcarchefapparel.com/ace.html?category_id=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not working for a food trunk and wearing your most comfortable while also coming off as relate-able and cool.

I shiver just thinking about having to wear a uniform. I remember when I was 18 and worked at fish n chips place. Had to wear the collared shirt, baseball cap, apron, black pants. For some reason I couldn't get used to it. It was perpetual hate.

In fact I went through college not to make any real money, because you really don't in environmental science, but because I never wanted to have to wear a name tag and a uniform. Or deal with customers whatsoever.

Those new McDonalds uniforms look kinda snazzy though imo. I like greys and blacks.

m.a-mont.com

I wear something like this because I'm not some faggot in a kitchen cooking for other people.

>for when you want that uniqlo look but work in a kitchen

But seriously, who fucking works in a kitchen here?

>>>/poorfucks/

I'm sorry sir, I don't work in a food trunk. Why don't you post a picture of your long sleeved chef coat and Mario Batali crocs. Do you have one of those hats shaped like a hockey puck?

haha that shirt is gay as fuck

This and a black apron, black jeans. Could be worse

I go tacticool.

I literally have some shit like this in my garage that I got as a gift

Same, I got it as a gift but I never use it...seems like a bitch to clean.

Yeah. I don't mind the short sleeves as much. Looks breathable.

Survivorman aprons?

Are these blacksmith's jackets?

Plain white long sleeve chefs jackets I got from college 8 years ago that are like 9 sizes too big but the depression and apathy stop me from replacing.

Luckily that same depression and apathy keep me in a job that is well below my skill level so it doesn't matter if my jackets fit or not.

>uniforms
>special snowflake colors/patterns/materials >trying to make them feel manly while wearing an apron by using impractical materials and colors that will bleach out and look like shit in no time
If you want a uniform, make it a uniform. If you can't feel like a man in some whites and checks, you deserve to get laughed at.

Does this chef prepare a lot of meat?

I understand why Trump is scared of MS-13 now.

Not just them user. There's more such as meat gone bad and the chef throws it into a can full of cement. Also another chef prepping a cow meat and slicing it perfectly he tries to make it art by sticking its penis and testicles into the cows mouth then display it at a tree. There's a bunch of chefs out there user. Some hunt for females while others like the occasional meal prep

Hey man. Cheer up.

New chef got us pic related, except they don't fit that well. The kitchen is also visible from the dining room...

You misunderstand, I did not pick out my uniform. They are becoming increasingly standard actually, not the first restaurant I've worked in that decided to go in another direction with uniforms and do the apron and short sleeved white coat, or apron and printed t-shirts. I'm also quite familiar with the oldschool white uniform and it is hot as fuck and scratchy. Sweaty ballsack may just be the most macho thing ever, so you keep wearing your whites to reaffirm your masculinity. I'll stick with my shop aprons and breezy bamboo t-shirts thanks.

I think they were shop aprons, you'd have to check the first link though. Most of them came from there though.

lostcarchefapparel.com/ace.html?category_id=2

This one. Probably my favorite so far, even though it tends to be on the heavier side. Looks really good on all the cooks I've seen wearing them, very professional and doesn't feel/look like crappy catalogue bullshit.

Currently I'm wearing a black dickies coat. It's not very breathable, use a fabric with an almost-velvet finish, and shaped terribly. I'm dying during service, but whatever.

>whites have to be heavy and scratchy
No, you misunderstand. Ventilated and "mesh" (actual mesh are terrible and are gross, but there are a lot of good fabrics that companies refer to as mesh, but which aren't really a mesh) coats and shirts exist, and even the cheapest non-"mesh" poly/cotton blends will be cooler and less scratchy than a canvas imitating cotton. The exception to that is when they starch the normal ones to cardboard, but if those thicker aprons and coats are starched similarly, you're in a much worse situation. I don't blame you for your chef's decision, but it still sucks. Also, are those camo patterned neck straps?

I really dig that coat.

Neat.I didn't think people used starch anymore, I'll keep an eye out for this quality breathing chef coat, feel free to post pics if you have one of yours with you. Yea it's camo straps.