Does Veeky Forums like Cincinnati chili?

Does Veeky Forums like Cincinnati chili?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lnhrOsrf9NY
theonion.com/graphic/norman-esiason-finally-outgrows-childish-nickname-10225
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on where you get it. Skyline / Goldstar are OK... they're pretty much the McDonalds of chili.

t. SW Ohio

cincinnati here, i agree with this

The undisputed champ of Flyover food.

I'm a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I like tigers.

I don't understand the spaghetti thing.. Then again I'm canadian

I had a Korean food that tasted almost identical to Skyline Chili a while ago, only it was made with black beans. I was so tempted to add a mountain of cheddar on top.

Looks like spagooter to me.

I might try spaghetti with chili sometime but that's way too much cheese.

>I wish they could be good again
>2005 was a long time ago
>Marvin pls go
being a Bengals fan is suffering.

hang in there
t. longtime seahawks fan

Ohiofag here, it's just junk food and it's perfectly acceptable as the occasional indulgence like McDonald's or a big ass pizza or whatever. They actually have a pretty big menu with a variety of stuff. The chili itself is just a sauce really.

I assume all the autist-triggering memery that happens around here with these posts is coming from shitposters who have never even tried it and are just circlejerking or "muh chili" guys who are stupid old honky ass men who enter chili cook-offs at the office and wear black socks with white Nikes and shorts

I grew up during the 90's. I'm old. Go look at trying to be a Bengals fan in the 90's.

A lot of ppl hate it, but I love that style of chili. Isn't there cocoa and cinnamon and shit in it?

yeah, it had a lot of typical Greek food seasoning. people flip their shit over chili on spaghetti, but it's really just a sauce

Cincinnatifag here, you guys should try Camp Washington Chili or Blue Ash Chili. It's the best Cincinnati chili you'll ever ear.

I love homemade Cincinnati chili, and I'm a PAfag.

At least you aren't a Browns fan.

Tried it once, never again.

do people actually put this amount of cheese on this stuff?
this is like a quarter of a kilogram of fucking cheese
what the fuck

I am seriously considering a four hour drive to buy some Skyline chili.
Cheap and delicious as fuck please I just need some in my life.

Please tell me half of that dish isn't cheese

Yeah I like it. Just not from Skyline. Noodles are too soft.

.... yes

Hell yeah, I went there a few times when I lived in East Westwood.

But I have very fond memories, (from when I went to UC) of going down the hill buzzed after studio to the old Skyline on Ludlow. Totally different vibe than the chain restaurants around Ohio.

seriously that looks like shite

>East Westwood.
Why not just merge it with West Eastwood and call it Wood?

>make small portion of food
>dump an entire bag of shredded cheese on top

wa la

Of course. It's what brings the whole thing together. Has to be thin-shredded sharp cheddar though. I've tried it with grated mild cheddar and it was a total disaster.

Fell in love with it when I went to Case Western for a few years. The secret ingredient is cocoa powder.

I like the chili, but the pasta is overcooked.

It can be cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, or a combination of the three. Some places do it different but I've only ever had the traditional recipes.

>Skyline on Ludlow

I have so many fond memories of that gem

For me, it's Gold Star, the finest Cincinnati chili establishment

Dixie is alright. Skyline is meh and expensive

Last time I drove across the country I went out of my way to go South and avoid Ohio as much as possible.

Ended up getting a couple different fried pork sandwiches in bumfuck Indiana and it was completely worth it.

I don't either but it's probably ok almost like spaghetti with meat sauce.
What confuses me is the 7 metric tons of cheese?

I had some coneys at Camp Washington Chili yesterday and there were some issues. The chili and hot dogs were fine, but the buns and cheese were too dry. They're probably better when you go in during a rush instead of like 4 PM.

So it's normal chilli but served on spaghetti with a shit ton of cheese on top.

I suppose it'll taste alright, but why so much cheese?

I did. I had a Smith jersey. My father tells me the Bengals were good then I was born.

Do you have a Kroger near you? I know they sell it in cans. It also isnt very hard to make at home.

>So it's normal chilli
Apparently not. It's actually more of a bastardized version of a greek dish and isn't supposed to taste much like "normal" chilli.

They had a frozen version at a Jewel near me, but it was very different tasting. I'm just giving in to trying different recipes from the internet.

It looks overcooked just from the picture in fact

way too much cheese on this

I'm not a fan.
The sauce is greek flavored, and I'd much rather have a casserole like pastitsio, which is what the quick spaghetti 5way chili is imitating, but with less work. But, I really like the firmed up pasta, browned cheese and crispy edges of pasta in the greek "lasagna" pastitsio more.

You should order that ^^ instead. Though the chili dog similarity doesn't go without notice either, raw onion mmm.

You haven't had flyover food until you've tried a Springfield, IL "horseshoe"

It's a meat with a fuck-ton of fries and a secret cheese sauce all over.

Good call. Central Ohio is devoid of culture aside from certain areas of Columbus and Dayton, which aren't convenient from the highway. The best places to eat are honestly in Cincinnati and up near the lake. I lived in Ohio for about 10 years, but I've also lived/worked ion other places, so I'm not super attached to Ohio as a home. The cities have really cleaned up in the past 10-15 years and gentrified, but the rural areas have gotten extremely conservative, like a more industrial version of Indiana.
Oh and the tenderloin sandwiches you got in Indy are pretty great, but pretty much the only food item Indiana is known for, so good call.

I do miss these things, though

I can't get enough of it. Would have a 3 way every day for lunch if it didn't make you fat.

Mt Lookout here my dudes

youtu.be/lnhrOsrf9NY

>girl from Columbus calling Cincinnati a shithole

O I'm laffin

Never had it, but probably

>Skyline
Best coneys bar none. Best hot sauce bar none.

Irreplaceable.

>people from Columbus or Cincinnati thinking they're hot shit

good one

Aren't both of your locations shitholes?

Why is this one faggot still wearing earphones when these guys are eating together?

They're both equally irrelevant to the rest of the country, but Columbus suburbanites and OSU students have a weird superiority complex about their city that neither Cincy or Cleveland share.
The 3Cs are rising out of their shithole status slowly but steadily, and most of that "shithole" status comes from boomers and suburbanite babbies who think the cities are still in the 90s and 00s. Dayton, Toledo, and Akron are still fuckin sad ghettos in most of their urbanized areas, though, like most of the rust belt.

Terribad. I like the Greek pasta dish it's based on, but once you cover it with a mountain of shitty cheese you ruin it.

Wouldn't know, I'm not a flyover

is it actually good with so much cheese even half would be way more then i'd use

*gas everyone in this picture*

I like it. I don't much care that there are people who don't. But I don't really understand the hate. It's spaghetti with Greek-style meat sauce, onions, and cheese. As far as Midwestern regional foods go, you could do a lot worse.

Do they actually come with that much cheese? That's disgusting

Yes, in fact there's an irregular promotion where you can get 50% more cheese for no extra cost.

Do you mix it up so the cheese melts and it becomes a cheesy-noodle-melt-with-meat-sauce or do you just eat it like noodles with meat gravy and mouthfuls of cheap cheese on top?

I don't get it. Why would anyone celebrate this? It's ,like, casserole tier.

It doesn't even look good with that much cheese and I love cheese. I first heard of this stuff on Ginormous Food, there's one called the cincinasty and it's big af. I think it would probably taste good but the excess cheese is off-putting.

browns fans are all ironic. cleveland folks pull for the bengals semi-seriously and watch the browns just because it's on.

>living in a city infested with immigrants, rats, and cockroaches
>hurr durr im not a flyover tho

whatever makes you sleep at night i guess..

>Why would anyone celebrate this?
They must celebrate what little joys they have to endure their bleak existence. If you've ever lived in or driven through a flyover state you'd understand.

>Springfield, IL "horseshoe"
I've only seen it on the Travel Channel, but I'm a huge fan of a good welsh rarebit. If it were a gourmet horseshoe....
I'd have a really good rarebit sauce, with lots of aged cheddar and bite of beer and worchestershire. Great thick crust toast in there. A bloody steak. And, I think the french fries could do with a little skin-on or more of a shoestring quality.

To illustrate a heaven such as that, I present the Cuban steak called bistec palomilla, made famous in the Westchester cuban neighborhood of Miami by Lilas (RIP), and Rio Cristal, among others. Note that the pic is the "small" bistec, and underneath the mountain of papitas is onions and cilantro.

>xxx here

go back to rebbit you fucking faggot

t. cletus mcneil

Go easy on your sister tonight. She's a nice a girl. I'd know!

>le flyover le reddit meme xD

>tfw you live in one of the two tiny highlighted regions
feels good man

>thing hits too close to home
>call it reddit

People have been using "flyover" on Veeky Forums for years before it ever became a meme.

>>>/drumpf_shack/

I love Cincy chili.

For anyone who stops in Cincinnati and tries it, I suggest getting a 5-way. It's meat sauce, cheese, raw onion and kidney beans on spaghetti. It sounds strange but it's fantastic. I used to think it was crazy, too.

theonion.com/graphic/norman-esiason-finally-outgrows-childish-nickname-10225

I don't mind beans in my chili. But if I was going to eat chili on noodles, I'd want the chili to be beanless. What do they use for the Cincinnati dish?

that's just too much goddamn cheese