Lit for women

Hey Veeky Forumsizens

what do women read? I want to give my sister a book for Christmas but I have no idea what I want to give her, mind you she finds Ishmael difficult to grasp and understand but she is the greatest and sweetest person you'll ever find and I want to give her the joy of reading. My sister also just got out of a long term relationship so any book that can deal with that would be great.

I'd say After the Quake by Murakami.
I'm rereading it right now and I forgot how cozy it was. Murakami is good entry level for plebs and short stories are more accessible than novels

LIT FOR MEN

anything by Richard Yates
Also pic related is good for a laugh

My mom likes books by Barbara Kingsolver, John Irving, and Michael Ondaatje. I would choose:

The Poisonwood Bible
A Prayer for Owen Meany
The English Patient (warning: sad relationship stuff)

These are all pretty simple books to follow but are also pretty good in my opinion, although Veeky Forums would snicker at them for sure.

english is my mom's 4th language so I got her finnegans wake and she smacked me

your mom's cool, she can post here. you can leave though.
anything by Kathleen Tessaro, esp. Elegance or The Perfume Collector. basically a chick flick waiting to happen but both emphasize the importance of connection to the past and books through girly things

Stephen King

my ex-girlfriend LOVED LOVED ann carson, this poet girl who writes about gay dudes.

She looks p cute irl.

Holy shit she is heartbreakingly cute

found two betas

Does anybody read and take notes like OP's pic? It seems like it would be impossible to read or get into a book if you were stopping every 30-45 seconds to write.

i liked autobiography of red desu

>A Prayer for Owen Meany
dude here, loved that one.

Women will read whatever. They are people, you are a person. They are very similar to you in concept. What you want to get is something good, yet (relativley) easy to read. I would suggest Lord of the Rings (a classic). Or maybe something by Bradbury. You have to understand that people who don't generally study literature tend to have a late highschool reading level. Always keep that in mind when making your purchase.

You could also get her something by Jane Austen although it may be too dense to keep her attention.

t. Virgin robot who is redpilled and knows all women are whores

well if all women are whores then why cant I get laid?

Is that Adler book a good read?

Asking for someone who is totally illiterate.

>what do women read?

YA fiction

No game.

Yes, I take pretty extensive notes on almost everything I read. It slows me down of course but it is by no means impossible or even harder. I read every page at least twice, often more.

And honestly by the time I'm done I can usually tell you anything you want to know about the book offhand, and I retain it basically forever. Has helped me immensely.