Keto

Anyone else on this keto shit? I went from eating 3000-4000 calories a day and still being hungry to eating 1600 calories a day and being full all the fucking time.

I'm gonna post some of the shit I eat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis
filescdn.com/fkx7mg7hh58v
novafile.com/0jd9ed4jy8j7
novafile.com/yt2603jxozf0
novafile.com/jmkxna2bbf05
ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/early_view_articles/early-view-pdfs/773_Z01_2016040099_CR_EV.pdf
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.full
authoritynutrition.com/ketogenic-diet-101/
dietdoctor.com/low-carb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stale bait right out the gate.
You'll get replies though.

I make this shit sometimes, tortilla pizza/quesodilla. Mission low-carb tortillas are real fluffy, fry well in a lot of butter.

How do you poop?

sorry user I haven't posted on Veeky Forums since keto got popular.

Pretty well until I cheat. I can have a big cheat meal once a week and maintain weight, and don't really get the temptation to go off the rails.

(bake this shit 500 degrees for 5-8 minutes)

Here's my typical lunch. 4x4 animal style protein style. I'll usually have a cup of coffee with heavy cream in the morning, and eat lunch between 11am-1pm, whenever I feel like it. Occasionally I won't get hungry and will just wait until 5pm or later to eat.

Sometimes I just don't eat all day. Hunger just feels different. Sometimes I'll just fast until evening and eat some bacon before bed.

El Pollo Loco is another quick and easy place to get food. I'm a lazy fuck, and even though I love cooking I was addicted to how easy and tasty fast food is. I knew I couldn't do low-carb if I had to pack a fucking lunch every day.

I'm not posting this to stroke my ego (I mean maybe a little bit). I just know there's at least one fat fuck reading this that doesn't think they have the willpower to change, or doesn't know how badly they want to change.

I dropped 60 pounds in less than six months, from 245 to 185. My blood pressure dropped from 139/92 to 116/80, my bad cholesterol has gone down, and my good cholesterol has gone up. I have done zero exercise. I don't count calories. All I eat is delicious fatty foods. I cheat all the fucking time. It's easy. This shit is idiot proof.

back in my day we called this the atkins diet

Heard that keto can causes baby brained-ness and people think it's bad for your brain. Opinions?

Also are you using this as a short term weight loss or long term diet? Again lots of debate on if this is healthy or not.

Keep up the posts. Nice refresher from the cringe and fast food threads.

Atkins tells you to not worry about the carb restriction after a few weeks and just hoped people would eat less. It worked okay.

>Heard that keto can causes baby brained-ness

If you have any source for that claim, I'd like to look into it. I haven't heard anything like this. Most of the research on low-carb diets are shitty science or not keto, using lab rats or feeding people 20-30% carbs. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more research on this in the next couple years.

>Also are you using this as a short term weight loss or long term diet?

At first I just planned on doing it for a month to see how it worked. Within the first two weeks I was sold. When I ate carbs, I was tired constantly. I drank a ton of coffee, and needed a caffeinated drink just to get me through the next 2-3 hours before I could have another one. I never stopped being hungry, I could eat thousands and thousands of calories and still go to bed hungry, it was infuriating. Now, I could go days on 500-1000 calories and never be that hungry, or that tired.

Keto is AMAZING.
I lost 14 pounds in my first week.

Nice, user! Most of that is water weight, so don't expect to keep up that pace. Just don't quit when you hit a plateau! Sometimes I'll stay at the same weight for weeks, and then suddenly drop 5-10 pounds at once.

Research?
The human brain needs sugar to function.
Eliminating sugar turns you into a retarded mess. This is not cause for a rat study, it's common knowledge.

They don't need to kill rats to tell you that you're being asinine and I really hope they don't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis

The body can make sugar for the brain without eating sugar or carbs. Pretty sure I'd be dead if this wasn't a thing. How do you think apes survive on meat and vegetables? You think they're out there in the jungle baking fuckin brownies?

2nd day of keto
throat is dry as a motherfucker
will this last forever?

Eat a little more salt, your body dropped water weight and its eaiser to get dehydrated.

vegetables are full of sugar and carbs

you ass

>Fruits didn't exist in the wild

I do intermittent fasting which makes it easy to avoid carbs. I poop once a day after taking fiber pills. Sometimes I have to take double the dose or else I can't.

It always comes out well.

>keto
What is keto?

Listen to an episode of Joe Rogan Experience. Just about any will do. You'll be a primal blueprint expert in no time!

Also dieting myself, not keto but essentially just cutting out all fast food and junk food. The grill is a godsend, and it's perfect this time of year. Living off every goddamn vegetable they make. Grilled asparagus, mushroom, squash, zucchini.

Where did Eskimos get their corn and potatoes? Kayak trade with the Aztecs?

A shitty diet for fatties who makes you sick as a fucking dog but it's "part of the experience".

If beer and fruity pebbles didn't exist I'd be there without trying.

Try making broccoli cream cheese soup, it's easy and amazing.

Have some cookbooks:
filescdn.com/fkx7mg7hh58v
novafile.com/0jd9ed4jy8j7
novafile.com/yt2603jxozf0
novafile.com/jmkxna2bbf05

Wow nice.
Your bait while stinky is still shit.

Hustle harder.

google eskimo potato

>Hustle harder.
Atkins is high protein, keto is moderate protein, high fat.

You really need to up your electrolytes intake to avoid feeling like shit for the first few days after cutting carbs. Drink some broth whenever you're getting foggy or a dry throat or anything.

Even in a Keto diet you can and still will eat a small amount of carbs. Your body burns the most calories and your body will synthesize the needed energy from fats instead of carbs to run your body. In the keto state you feel less hungry and more energetic overall. Your mind becomes clearer too as your body isn't gunked up by carbs. The brain does need sugars though and I believe it is wise to eat some carbs with a mostly keto diet if you decide to do keto.
Personally I think intermittent fasting is better, because you have less restriction on what you can eat.
Ultimately though I liked Keto, I now eat 2 meals a day instead of like 1, and I eat some carbs and I think it's better this way, I'll admit sometimes you just get "hungry" and need a cheat day and that's probably from over cutting during the week.

>Personally I think intermittent fasting is better
I do both.

nice. are you going thin or do you workout?
My bmi is 18.8, trying to get to 17.5
I'm 6 foot

5'10, 85kg. Just some moderate weight lifting and judo. Never was fat, I'm doing it to test the long term effects and so far I'm pretty happy with the changes in my life thanks to keto + IF. No mental fog, more energy that doesn't fluctuate over the day, never hungry.

holy shit I'm an inch taller than you and 67 kilos at the moment and feel fat as fuck.

Start lifting, you really want a strong musculoskeletal system once you get older.

Is keto something for me? Went from 75 kg to 55 kg over 2 months finally got diagnosed with morbus crohn and prescribed 50 mg prednisolone now i cant fucking stop eating carbs and am affraid im gonna get diabetus

There's this case report on treating Crohn's disease with a keto diet if you're interested: ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/early_view_articles/early-view-pdfs/773_Z01_2016040099_CR_EV.pdf

>finally got diagnosed with crohn

Colonoscopy ?

you have an actual eating disorder

Diabetes type 2 is promoted by (1) obesity, (2) genetics, (3) environmental toxins, (4) dietary fat, (5) animal protein, (6) lack of exercise.

High-fat diets and diets high in animal protein promote insulin resistance and diabetes.

Carbohydrates and plant foods are protective against diabetes. Diabetes is very rare in populations following a high-carbohydrate diet.

Here's your shekel.

Can confirm: Prednisolone gives you the appetite of a fucking gorilla.

Fuck off kike

Gary Taubes - Jew
Robert Lustig - Jew
David Ludwig - Jew
Dariush Mozaffarian - Jew

Ancel Keys - Aryan hero who discovered that dietary fat kills you
John Yudkin (Keys' enemy and early promoter of the big lie that fat is healthy an sugar is unhealthy) - J E W I S H

Anti-sugar/anti-carb is a Jewish operation.

>Ancel Keys - Aryan hero who
got paid off by the sugar industry. He also looks like a beady Anglo rat, the worst kind of creature crawling around on this planet.

Fellow Judo bro reporting in, where are you training at?

are you shitposting on asp too?

is that you tanner?

Greg? I feel like I should know you the judo Veeky Forums community crossover is slim

>I feel like I should know you the judo Veeky Forums community crossover is slim
I'm not really a part of that community, I usually don't talk about it unless asked.

Well I'm asking

if you cut to 78kg and compete, chances are we've fought homie

>Psst. Hey guys! Type 2 diabetes has nothing to do with fructose. Fat makes you fat! Asian genetics has nothing to do with type 2 resistance!

Lol. Every thread, grain merchant.

Not really comfortable with telling you the dojo considering there are team pics on the website. It's nothing fancy anyway.
I'm from Europe and I only did state competitions so far, so chances are we didn't.

>Results: In a univariate analysis, a significant correlation with diabetes prevalence was observed for dietary fat (r = 0.84, P < 0.001), carbohydrate (r = 0.55, P < 0.001), protein (r = 0.71, P < 0.001), fiber (r = 0.16, P = 0.03), corn syrup (r = 0.83, P < 0.001), and total energy (r = 0.75, P < 0.001) intakes. In a multivariate nutrient-density model, in which total energy intake was accounted for, corn syrup was positively associated with the prevalence of type 2 diabetes (β = 0.0132, P = 0.038). Fiber (β = −13.86, P < 0.01) was negatively associated with the prevalence of type 2 diabetes. In contrast, protein (P = 0.084) and fat (P = 0.79) were not associated with the prevalence of type 2 diabetes when total energy was controlled for.

>Conclusions: Increasing intakes of refined carbohydrate (corn syrup) concomitant with decreasing intakes of fiber paralleled the upward trend in the prevalence of type 2 diabetes observed in the United States during the 20th century.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.full

>In contrast, protein (P = 0.084) and fat (P = 0.79) were not associated with the prevalence of type 2 diabetes
What does this sentence mean, user?

>implying high carb diet is so healthy

"Increased consumption of refined carbohydrates and the epidemic of type 2 diabetes in the United States: an ecologic assessment1,2,3"

Source–1From the Inter-Medic Medical Group, North Port, FL (LSG); the Department of Family Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University (LL); the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta (ESF); the Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston (SL); and the Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston (SL).

with my asshole. Its a keto diet. Not a complete species change

He's a nigger from the gay part of Switzerland, don't expect him to understand English.

Those are the science-speak statistical numbers for the study on correlation between dietary macronutrient content and type 2 diabetes. I gave you the link for the full paper.

These people think high refined carbohydrate diets cause type 2 diabetes.

Good luck on your training friend, lift hard and tuck your chin,

Im getting my first blood tests after a year of doing paleo next week.

I have felt healthier on this diet, and my reason for originally doing the diet, thrush/candida, has mostly been managed, apart from the odd reoccurance.

>chances are we've fought
You mean pulled each other's bath robes off while wrestling on the floor to score domination points.

You don't fight in Judo, it's a game. The name is "gentle way".

Who is the boss of your gym?

>muh correlations
A classic case of "top kek"

>Asian genetics has nothing to do with type 2 resistance!
I never said that though

>These people think high refined carbohydrate diets cause type 2 diabetes.
Well, so do the people from your own study >In a multivariate nutrient-density model, in which total energy intake was accounted for, corn syrup was positively associated with the prevalence of type 2 diabetes (β = 0.0132, P = 0.038).

Thanks, you too.

Oh, and
>(β = 0.0132, P = 0.038).
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill

I last fasted for 30 days and I was constantly feeling like death. My blood sugar is low by default and blood pressure is low too.

I theory I could do keto but I love muh carbs. What can I have for breakfast for example? I also way on the run every single day.

>I last fasted for 30 days and I was constantly feeling like death.

It also destroyed my social life.
I got gout halfway and was taking allopurinol everyday. Only dropped 10kg.

How do I keto?

My bet would be that probably didn't drink enough water, didn't eat your veggies like you're supposed to and ate too much meat.

This was fasting

Then you did that wrong. What has that to do with keto?

Want to try keto

Check out authoritynutrition.com/ketogenic-diet-101/ and dietdoctor.com/low-carb (2. What to eat) and like I said, make sure to get enough electrolytes to avoid feeling like shit in the first few days, since you'll be losing a lot of water weight.

What kind of fasting did you do?

Thanks user

I did water fasting. I was taking allopurinol everyday to take away the pangs and the gout I got 2 weeks in or so. I was pretty sharp and alert but was physically weak. Had absolutely no interest in food at all and felt good. I heard about it from a friend who wrote a blog about it, he had great results but me, not so much.

>I did water fasting.
Did you supplement vitamins and minerals? How much excess bodyfat do you have?

Authoritynutrition is fake news
DietDoctor is funded by the meat industry

>Authoritynutrition is fake news
I'm not going to take some grain kike's baseless claim over their plenty of sources and my personal experience.

>DietDoctor is funded by the meat industry
Does that change anything about the concise overview of net carbs in foods on their site?

All nutritional science is bullshit aimed to increase sales of waste chemicals, which Americans avidly claim that they need to eat to survive.
It's too sad to be a humorous situation.

>increase sales of waste chemicals
Like what?

Use google. Bye.

Supplements yes but not enough apparently
My BMI is 33.7

Google doesn't answer my question.

"I can't google the ingredients that are in my food"
Try again.

>Supplements yes but not enough apparently
You really need to get your daily dosage of that stuff to function properly. There was a fat guy that went over a year without eating, just water and vitamins.

Good luck on your weight loss though, it's good that you're trying.

>"I can't google the ingredients that are in my food"
Those don't show "waste chemicals" though, which is why I asked.

Keto works great, once you start steadily losing and regularly track your progress the motivation to see the number drop even by a small decimal the next morning overcomes any desire to eat junk. Also, always weigh yourself at the same time that you wake up each morning, but expect to fluctuate and don't get discouraged if you think you did well but gained a pound or two instead of losing, it happens. Plateaus also happen which can be discouraging, but are easy to power through.

You didn't read the article. It's pretty unbiased. It brings up a lot of points about the changes in carbohydrate quality over 100 years. Dietary fat, protein and whole grain carbohydrates with intact fiber appear to have nothing to do with obesity, diabetes and heart disease, yet increased consumption of refined carbohydrates (fructose in particular) appear to have a damning correlation to the diseases.

I'm always wondering what you are. Do you work for General Mills or something, or are you just a regular person with an ordinary case of confirmation bias that can't absorb new information if it doesn't fit in with your worldview. I mean, I don't really care, nor do I care about "winning" on the internet. I guess I'm saying you impress me somehow. Well have a nice day.

The ketofags seem like reactionary retards from a certain perspective until you consider that it's nearly impossible to find very many high quality, intact sources of carbohydrates in the Western world at this time. Then they suddenly seem very sensible. Protein, fat, vegetables, some fruit. There's nothing weird or freaky about that kind of diet. There's always a guy on the internet that spergs about people eating less-processed foods.

>You didn't read the article.
You neither read the study, nor my response.

>yet increased consumption of refined carbohydrates (fructose in particular) appear to have a damning correlation to the diseases.
The beta coefficient for corn syrup was 0.013 with a very borderline significance. The beta coefficient for fiber was -14 with huge significance. 0.013 is NOTHING. Literally 1000 times smaller than the value for fiber. If you call that a "damning correlation" you are scientifically illiterate and should stop attempting to be a PubMed warrior.

The study didn't analyze "refined carbohydrates", it only looked at corn syrup - which is stupid in itself because a proper study would look at all nutritive sweetners (i.e. sucrose)

The main takeaway of the study is what we already know - diabetes is almost entirely explained by obesity.

And there's no such thing as a "damning correlation".

>Dietary fat, protein and whole grain carbohydrates with intact fiber appear to have nothing to do with obesity
>hurr
Dietary fat had the greatest positive correlation with obesity and the resulting diabetes among everything studied in the whole paper.

>eating 1600 calories a day and being full all the fucking time.

I don't feel full all the time but I am definitely not feeling the ravenous hunger I usually get when I am consuming carbs. Tbh, I mostly feel some weird combination of indigestion and stomach discomfort. Hard to explain. It's not bad though. M

>diabetes is almost entirely explained by obesity.
And the best diet to stop being obese is keto and therefore your whole """argument""" is retarded, grain jew.

If the rise in obesity coincides with an increase of calories (from refined carbohydrates), as well as a decrease in the percentage of fat and protein, how do you arrive at the conclusion that dietary fat is the cause of the increase in obesity? Unlike you, I actually have the desire to change my mind when presented with information. I would appreciate if you read the article and explained it to me without being a dick.

Well if you look at graphs in that study with the really old data points from 1900ish, people were eating high carb diets, yet not fatter. Sure they had more physical jobs and shit, but they also didn't have our super-processed refined wheat flours which completely jank up your insulin levels from lack of fiber.

>I didn't do the diet right because I'm retarded, so it's shit

you are both retards. obesity isn't even the issue. you are underestimating just how fucking sedentary these people are. you probably aren't even capable of conceptualizing how little effort these people exert. remember, these are the same people that have atrophied their muscles so much and gained so much weight that they can not walk. they can't bend over to pick something up. these people aren't human. diabetes has more to do with glucose metabolism which is a function of muscle mass and overall activity