Do you ever eat rice, Veeky Forums ?

Do you ever eat rice, Veeky Forums ?

Only on Tuesdays

everyday

>empty carbs

Yeah its one of the fundamentals you should have in your pantry.

Just did. It was delicious and filling, I made 3/4 cup dry of calrose

>tfw have rice in the pantry but don't use it because rice fucking sucks

I think I have some med grain sushi rice, some boring ass brown rice and some couscous in the pantry at this moment but rice sucks

I've been eating linguini and baked chicken all week but I do have Brussel sprouts to cook. What starch should I cook with them?

It's probably going to be potatoes or more pasta or even bread because fuck rice

More like full of FDA poisons.

Brussels sprouts should be sauted

>>empty carbs
Explain to me what you think this means
>calrose
I had to google this, am I retarded?

I'm from the east coast, is this caled something different here? It looks like plain white rice but my quick google says it's some sort of rice made in te 40s in California

Just bought a rice cooker/slow cooker on amazon. Gonna make cheap chinese and indian for months.

You spelled roasted wrong.

Make extra rice each time you do, make dashi, have chazuke with leftover rice, grilled meats and veggies.

>ice cooker/slow cooker
>hurr i'm too retarded to use a pot and fire

Kys stinky weeb

Thats funny you guys meant to say thrown in the garbage right?

>Too retarded to spell "rice" correctly.

>Live in Tacoland.
>Visit parents.
>They heard the new facebook craze about "Chinese Plastic Rice" coming to Mexico
>Explain how even if this is true, you only need to be careful about the brand.
>MUH CORPORATIONS POISONING US
>Show evidence
>No user, who do you think runs the show? they pay off all the scientists so they keep making drugs

The tinfoil meme is truly international, how do you even argue with this kind of reasoning?

Never heard of any of that

Can you read more than one word?
Your rice IS poisoned or it would just say Ingredients: rice.
Not Ingredients: Reclaimed mechanically separated rice meal, riboflavor, nantacid, reduced squashed iron meal, foolic acid solution, partially androgynous palm kentucky kernel meal, bone smash, unripe rutabaga juice, thirsty lime, cheeto dust and painted wasp vomit.

Two days a week - I cycle my staples, and to be honest I'd rather eat polenta or potato.

>Reading comprehension
Regardless of your argument against additives, my point is arguing against people who don't believe facts presented to them.

Even if the packaging literally said "Ingredients: Rice" these people tend to go "ofc they're lying to us, lol" and if you bring up the FDA or any local equivalent they keep it rolling with "muh corruption" so there's literally no way to reason with them.

I guess so. But word of warning enriched food is literal poison, and I'm not one of the people you speak of.
If your monetary resources dictate you have to eat it, do so, but rinse it at least 30 times to get the chemicals off, rice wise.

Literally 3 times a day

It's a brand of rice.

Goddamn, user, even for breakfast. Not even joking.

>Your rice IS poisoned or it would just say Ingredients: rice.
i have never seen a bag of rice that doesn't say just that and i live in the US
kys tinfoiltard

i basically live off of beans and rice

its nice being able to cook an entire weeks worth of food for less than $5

although this dude is totally out of his fucking mind and too deep in the rabbit hole to ever realistically climb his way back, he does have a point about these weird named ingredients on a lot of ours foods

If you bought a bag of rice that didn't say:
Thiamine mononitrate
Riboflavin
Folic acid
Reduced iron
And Niacin
On it, then you are extremely lucky. This stuff is not easy to find and it's illegal to process over x tons of rice or wheat and not add chemicals while a FDA employee breathes down your neck.

But I'm sure it had the chemicals in it and you didn't notice.

I found sodium lauryl sulfate in a snacky cake the other day.
2 For hazards to humans, on a 0-4 scale. Literal soap.
You guys really need to just google these things. The NFPA diamond very clearly rates the entire enrichment program, minus niacin, as hazardous to humans. Even wikipedia shows it sometimes, but it's best to scroll past the wiki link and go to chemical manufacturing websites.

> Vitamins and minerals that are essential to human health

please tell us why b vitamins and iron are bad

Yeah foods have poisons in them a bloo bloo bloo.
Fucking "fragrance" is what you want to campaign against. Mostly because companies aren't legally required to say what's in their "fragrance" blend, and its in fucking everything.

Because they are the synthetic versions.

Explain to me how you can say they are the same thing when synthetic cannabinoids and naturally occurring cannabanoids are galaxies apart in safety of use.

Synthetic versions of natural things are not fucking safe. The chemical manufacturers make this extremely clear.

I have been for many years because I don't enjoy watching people kill themselves.

All it comes down to is THEY CAN NOT FUCKING USE GOOGLE to match what I'm saying. I could never be a teacher because Americans are STARK fucking retarded.
This is why. You eat their chemicals and huff their ether and poppy water all day and you lose all ability to think.

Just go fucking google this shit you morons. GOOGLE. USE FUCKING GOOGLE.

because most synthetic cannabinoids have vastly different binding affinities to that of marijuana or cbd oil, by their pharmacological action they might as well be a completely different drug

whereas synthetic b vitamins have no discernible difference between 'real' ones aside from better / worse absorption, depending on the form

Well I tried. But synthetic b vitamins, just the mandatory ones, list 40 side effects after consumption. While eating a green pepper has no side effects, eating a piece of bread with the chemical slew in it does.

Do you not notice hypertension, agitation, arrhythmia, uncomfortability, mental disturbances, allergic sensitization and facial flushing after eating a bunch of pasta or having an energy drink? These are listed as actual side effects of consuming synthetic b vitamins.

The facial flushing, while attributed to niacin, is a very clear indicator that you have been poisoned by a substance. It happens with almost every case of poisoning.

It says "rice"
with the addendum that it was produced in a plant that also handles soy products.

I'm a poorfag, so rice is the foundation of my diet.

Is Cauliflower/Broccoli rice the GREATEST invention of all time?

no

Used to lots, I don't much anymore because i'm poor as shit (yes, too poor for rice. I dumpster dive pretty often, and i'm on library wi-fi before someone goes >DURR LARPING or some shit)

Best was fresh thai jasmine rice crop from the market down the way, they would get it shipped in month of harvest, not ultra fresh but for being totally husked and cleaned it was pretty fuckin speedy. Big heaping bowl of rice with just a tiny bit of sushi vinegar, and then eating it. Just it. That was my meal every day for supper for almost 2 years.

Okay user, seriously, you can't even get rice? What sort of shitstain country is that where you can't even get rice from the neetbux you get when unemployed?

>rice sucks
rather, you suck at cooking.
Also couscous is not rice, retard.

Only faggots didnt eat Rice.

not if I can avoid it

chinese "plastic" rice is true.

Who here Ochazuke?

Almost everyday

Never heard of that before but I have some leftover rice in the cooker and some green tea so i'll try it.

Many thanks user.

Then just grow your food you fucktard

Mah nigga

Wahh I hate everything: The post.

Two times a day, in 99.9% of my days.

I later found the tater bug that broke that tomato stalk and crushed the living shit out of him. Don't take dirt that's been outside for your plants, friends.

Kys weeb

No it isn't. Fuck off, hippy.

NFPA diamond rates hazards at their purest form you moron. The dose makes the poison.

No. We're the only people in the world who don't eat rice.
What a retarded fucking question. I hope you fucking get dick cancer.

>not buying 5kg of rice off amazon

>shitposting this hard
Back to lelddit please.

>A chef broke into your kitchen and has you at gunpoint
>You have to cook one dish perfectly to safe your life.
What do you cook.

Chilled tap water in a tumbler.

Cubes for garnish.

>What do you cook.
My not-so-special-but-sour ricciutelli soup or some pasta. (With my special hot sauce.)

Short grain white > Med grain white > Long grain > dog shit > brown rice > wild rice

Rice sucks.

You too.

The chef.

>Do you ever eat rice, Veeky Forums ?
never
It contains a lot of arsenic, and causes major constipation, which can cause serious health issues, like hemorrhoids or anal fissures. I'm not even joking. stay away from rice.

rarely

I don't have a rice cooker but I may make some rice now. I usually just cook it in chicken stock.

Just had rice with hibachi chicken. I wish brown rice was as good as white

>It contains a lot of arsenic

the only type of rice you have to worry about eating in large amounts is either wild rice or long grain rice.

Every single day.
Rice and beans is what I eat 4/7 days of the week. The other 3 days are rice and something else.